“A pleasant surprise by the airport”

Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
New York City, New York, Usa
“A pleasant surprise by the airport”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Hampton Inn by the Tucson Airport. The room was very nice and clean and the overall accommodations were also very, very nice.
The staff was helpful in arranging transportation of a group of 8 of us to a South Tucson restaurant -- several miles away.
The breakfast room was cheerful and served a decent breakfast.
I will definitely consider staying here again when my travel plans require it.
The price was a nice surprise as well.
Overall a good choice when you need to stay at the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The attention we got from the time we got in the door was AMAZING!! "Brett" made SURE we got the best deal on our room, and signed us up to get Hilton Honor points as well. He very very helpful in finding a place to eat, and shop for necesstites. It was VERY clean, the breakfast was good, and the morning staff ALL helped the "untechie me" to sign on the internet to blog on our first post of our trip. THey offered us water to start off for the day, and had fresh fruit to choose from as well. we will DEFINITELY be looking for other Hilton choices along our way,.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for the perfect review! I was thrilled to read how you enjoyed our accommodations and the helpfulness of our hotel staff. Brett and our entire team love to hear about our guest experiences and your review will make their day!

We hope you have an opputunity to return soon. Thanks again.
tolleson, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2013

it was ok this trip. the first trip, apparently there was a random guy running thru the halls with a weapon and the guests were never notified about the incident nor the status. breakfast never started on time, i didnt have time to wait for the breakfast so i missed out on a free opp. the drivers will drive you within 5 miles to pick up food.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to start by apologizing for the disturbance the morning of your departure. The interaction is certainly not typical and we take the safety our guest very seriously. You can rest assure our overnight security officer and myself worked closely with authorities to ensure the security of our guests. I did have the opputunity to speak to several guest during breakfast however I do apologize I was unable to talk with you personally as I would have happily answered any questions you may have had.

Let me also offer an apology for not having breakfast available at the time of your departure. We typically score above average in this area as we offer breakfast to go options as early as 5:00am and hot breakfast at 6:00am. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back to enjoy our hotel and breakfast. Please feel free to contact myself directly so that I may personally take care of you during your next stay.

Again, I apologize and look forward to working with you.
Baldwin Park, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Great value and great breakfast ! Surprisingly great experience! The service staff was friendly and helpful and the Shuttle service was outstanding ! I will definitely stay there on my next trip there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonTucsonGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for the five star review! Our guest rave about the variety of items available during our complimentary breakfast and I am so happy you experienced the same satisfaction. We share these comments with our team on a daily basis and they will be excited to hear yet another outstanding review of our hotel staff. Once again, thank you for your feedback, we look forward to serving you during your next visit to Tucson.
Lake Havasu City, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We enjoyed our overall experience at this hotel. The staff was wonderful and the rooms are clean. My only complaint would the pool area. Says its a "heated pool" but it didn't feel like it and it's small.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We greatly appreciate your acknowledgment of our very friendly staff and clean rooms!! We are always strivng to improve our guest experience and your feedback is priceless. I certainly do apologize the pool was not heated to your comfort level. We monitor our pool daily and maintain a temperature of 80 degrees, however we are always open to hear suggestions from our guest to improve their experience. I do hope during your next visit to Tuscon you give us yet another opportunity to host your travel needs. Thanks again!
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The room was very small, and felt like everything was crowded. Coffee maker was in the bathroom.
I liked that they had mini fridge and microwave. Had very early flight, so left before breakfast time. I have stayed at another Hampton inn in the past, and they always gave a sack breakfast to early check-outs, but this one did not. I was a little disappointed.
Location is excellent, very close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I was pleased to hear you noted our in room mini refrigerator and microwave which comes standard in all our guest rooms. For larger room options, if I may suggest one of our many upgraded suites which offer additional space such as our jr. suite, or our spacious two room suite.

Let me also offer my sincere apology for not having the breakfast to go available prior to your departure. We typically score high for our breakfast options as we have the bags available as early as 5:00am, however we are happy to provide at anytime upon request. Once again, thank you for your post. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We travelled with 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The king suite was very large with 2 king beds and a sleeper sofa. The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff is very friendly. Excellent free breakfast is included in the price.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the positive feedback. Our staff absolutely love these five out of five reviews!! I was especially pleased that you found such value in our property and your entire family enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and excellent breakfast options. Thank you for sharing, we hope to have another opportunity to host you and your family.