“Short Stay”

Ranked #14 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Peachtree City, United States
“Short Stay”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I got it fairly late and had to catch a very early flight but hotel was clean and quiet so I could get some sleep before getting up at 4:00 am. They even had a little snack to take on the plane with me and the shuttle was ready for me even at that hour.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
TUCSON, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had a very early flight from the Tucson airport and decided to stay in the HAMPTON INN. While we had stayed at a Hampton before, we basically considered it a pretty mid-level hotel. My husband and I were really impressed with the quality of the furnishings, layout and amenities in this airport hotel site. The van service was excellent and we were there within a few minutes for a 5 am check-in! Even offered us a breakfast bag to take with us. Nice. Definitely thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

North Carolina
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here for less than 12 hrs overnight when we had to catch a pre-dawn flight out. The best thing about this hotel is its close proximity to the airport. Our floor was fairly empty but they put us in a room right across from the elevator, ice machine and vending machines which means they don't really pay attention to your room preferences when you request a reservation, unlike all the other Hilton affiliates we've stayed.

The bed was comfortable and the room had a microwave and fridge. The bathroom had Neutrogena amenities but only two bath towels. The front desk was accommodating when we realized we forgot our toothpaste and they had complimentary fresh baked cookies when we checked in. Wifi is free (so nice) and the lobby has a nice inviting vibe to it.

I'd probably stay here again if I had another early flight out the next day but I'd definitely make sure we got a room further away from the elevator.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirkland, Arizona
Reviewed 23 March 2014

One of our favorite hotels in the Tucson area. This was a one night stay with our family on spring break. After a great complimentary breakfast, it was easy access to our next stop, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I started my stay across the street at the Sheraton Four points, but they could not accommodate me for the entire week (Sunday to Sunday), so I moved from Thursday to Sunday to the Hampton Inn. Check in was very fast, and the front desk understanding after locking my key card in the room twice. The Breakfast was a step up from the Holiday Inn, but a step down from the Sheraton, as they have a full restaurant. The Breakfast room at the Hampton was also very crowded, and the food area cramped; you are always bumping into people. The rooms were better laid out better than the Sheraton, with lots of power points near the night table ( A pet peeve of mine!). The pool was nice, but the hot tub was not functioning; they need to fix that! I stayed in the back of the hotel on an upper floor, and was woken up by early morning flights from the Airport. I think the first and second floor rooms may be more quite. I needed to stay near the airport as I was working very close by. I did end up driving to Tucson central almost every night to get a good dinner. There really is not a lot around the area. The only options are the Irish pub restaurant next door and the Sheraton across the street.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors tward the front of the hotel will minimize the Airport Noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pjriccio
Columbia, IL, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Overall was a great stay. Had a room next to the ice maker and never heard it run. The room was clean and the bed was very good with fresh smelling sheets. TV worked great had HBO even if there is never anything on TV. The Staff was fantastic and very helpful on all three shifts. Breakfast was fresh from the that morning and hot. The things I found lacking was the juice seemed kind of watery in texture and flavor. The bathroom lighting needs improving, unless you are a old lady that don't want to see your wrinkles. Shower head could be a little higher I am only 5' 7" and had to lean over to wash my hair. Overall it was a very good stay for the 5 days I was there. I would recommend this hotel and it is close to the airport with out the airport noise.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here during February, 2014. Wanted to be near the airport and also visit Saguaro National Park for the final two days of our southeast Arizona trip. Actually, the hotel is within walking distance of the airport, but airport noise is not a problem. Check in was handled very courteously by Samantha. Her advice on my restaurant criteria was spot on and was confirmed by another guest who overheard our conversation. Hallway & room smells were fine. Bathroom, beds, and rooms were clean. The breakfast area was spotless and very efficiently managed by the young lady who was there on both mornings. Guests appeared to be a wide cross from business to casual travelers. So, why 4 instead of 5 in my rating? Well, for a reason common to most hotels within this price category -- the A/C system -- a below-the window unit, in this case controlled by a wall thermostat. It functioned as most of those do; i.e. louder than you'd like on low fan speed and annoying to sleep with because you either have to deal with fan noise or an "auto" setting that has several degrees variance in on/off temperatures which results in a stuffy room. A tall furniture piece also sat in front of the A/C unit which hindered airflow circulation within the room; actually, I moved this piece out of the way as much as I could. Without air outflow from the other side, except from a noisy bathroom exhaust, there is incomplete airflow -- but, again, that's just the way these installations work. So, you get over it because there's nothing really wrong; that's just the way it works. The positives of this place outweigh my personal A/C issue and my wife & I overwhelmingly agreed we would stay here again if ever in the Tucson area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple