“Great Hotel! Great Staff!”

Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport
Ranked #107 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Hotel! Great Staff!”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I stayed here from 7/26-7/30 and I will stay here again when coming back to Tucson. The thing that made this hotel great was the staff. Every person I dealt with was as nice as they could be! It is amazing how that can make all the difference in the world but it did. Every hotel should put their employees through the customer service program that the employees go through here if there is one.
The pool area is great! It is open 24 hours and is a great place to just sit and wind down. The room I stayed in was very nice and I had no problem sleeping in the bed.
They were great with the shuttle picking me up and taking me to the airport. I was there for business and they took me to my work location daily, which saved me a lot of money that I would have spent on a cab.
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Located just off an I-10 interchange, there is little noise at this large property.The hotel is a bit old and dated, but its clean and the staff are really helpful.
The shuttle will take you to any reasonably local restaurants and pick you up, which is handy.Breakfasts are good and the internet is free for guests.
Its our second time in 3 years at this property and we like staying there.

Room Tip: Further back off the front of the property is ideal. If you have a choice , go for the rear tower.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night in a King room, because my husband had to take a test being held at the property the following day. When we pulled up it seemed just "okay", but we were pleasantly surprised with the lobby, and we both thought it was quite beautiful. We got to our room on the 5th floor, and at first were a little distraught that it was RIGHT next to the elevators, and also our door was RIGHT across the ice machine and soda machine...we thought it would be noisy, but actually we didnt hear a peep! The room was very clean, bed was comfy but the pillows were lacking, bathtub needs refinishing, but I personally could care less about those things...just observations that may bother somebody else more finicky then myself. The only things that bothered me about my room, were the TV, and the AC unit. The TV needs a channel guide, because the top of the screen would say "CNN" for example, but you'd actually be watching the travel channel...I couldnt figure out which channels were which, and I just wanted some local news stations....The AC unit is a wall unit, which, for Arizona..seems wrong. It turned on for about 5 minutes, then would shut off, only to power up about 2 minutes later, and it was LOUD! I wonder why they don't have regular air conditioning...

Now, to BREAKFAST! Breakfast was gross. The dining room had about 3 people eating, yet when we got there, no staff in sight. We finally were seated, we placed our order, and waited..and waited...and waited...and when we got our food, it wasnt the least bit warm. Lovely. Also, the whole time we ate, both ladies who were working (one hostess, and one waitress), were no where to be seen. They should have made their presence noticed, mainly because I really wanted a re-fill. Oh well! The food tasted like hospital food.

The staff at this hotel is so pleasant. I didn't encounter anybody who was rude, or unwilling to accomodate. All of the front desk agents were very kind and knowledgable, and a big thanks to Irma at the front desk for giving us great directions to the nearest shopping center.

I would stay here again, but I would NEVER eat at the restaurant again...even if it was free.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Fremont, California
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The staff here goes all out to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Mary at the front desk was excellent and Cynthia from Sales went out to way to accommodate our requests.
I would definitely stay with them when I am back in Tucson

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I just got back from a 3-day class held at the Holiday Inn, Tucson Airport. We were very well attended to. The staff regularly asked if there was anything we needed, and our requests were quickly met. There was an obvious commitment to customer service. All of the staff were friendly and genuine. The meals were good, and the servers made us feel like welcome friends more than customers. They met special requests without hesitation, and they stayed on top of what food was needed, when, and by whom. It was a very positive experience, and I wholeheartedly recommend this facility.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I have to say I read so many bad reviews about this hotel after I'd gotten a good price on Priceline.com that I wasn't looking forward to our stay, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was cordial, the room was large and comfortable, bed was huge and comfy. We ate at the bar and the food was very good. My husband went in the pool and it was nice. Everything about our stay was nice and we would definitely go back again. I hope people give it a try and maybe other people shouldn't be so picky about everything in a hotel. We had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
areno24, Area Revenue Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2011
Dear Pennyllane,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you revisit the hotel soon. We hope you have a great summer.

Aaron Reno
Area Revenue Manager
IL
Reviewed 16 April 2011

My family was stranded in Tucson for two days because our flight had a mechanical issue. United Airlines gave us vouchers to stay in this hotel. We arrived to check in and after looking at the room; we decided to take our family to another hotel and pay for it ourselves. Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel in any circumstance. This is an old hotel that has not been maintained and the rooms, common areas and elevators were not clean. There are a number of newer, cleaner and safer hotels that are located much closer to the airport. Pay a few dollars more to have a safe and clean stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 4BZFamily
Dear 4BZFamily,

Thank you for commenting on your experience at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guests so that can better serve you. We have recently gone through an upgrade to the new specs set forth by Holiday Inn. We agree with you that there are other hotels in the area that are newer, however, we do our very best to update and maintain our hotel to enhance your stay when in the Tucson area. We are sorry that your flight was delayed and that you did not have a positive experience upon visiting our hotel and hope that you consider us again if ever in the Tucson Area.

Aaron Reno
Area Revenue Manager

Travellers are raving about these Tucson hotels