“Close enough to the airport for an early am flight”

Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport
Ranked #107 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Close enough to the airport for an early am flight”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I thought I'd scored a good deal through Priceline for an airport hotel, but then was astounded/disappointed that the property is actually not that close. Still, the hotel shuttle ran early a shuttle every half hour, and at 5:30 am, there was no traffic, and with the fastest security clearance of any airport I've been in, it all worked out. Folksy reception staff were very accommodating, bringing us pastries to go too. Generally I avoid the basic chains, but for the money, we had an excellent experience.

• Stayed April 2013
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear SRSvacation,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate all feedback and always appreciate feedback from seasoned travelers such as yourself.

I understand how it must have felt not being right at the airport and we hope you know we do not try to mislead people with our hotel only being 3.5 miles away. I am sorry this caused disappointment with you at your arrival. We are happy to know our overnight team made for a more positive send off by bringing pastries to you as we know early morning trips can be difficult with not many food options available. They will be excited to learn their efforts did not go unnoticed.

Thank you again for your review on our hotel and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you visit Tucson. You are truly valued!

Mr. Kym Myers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Hereford,AZ
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We only stayed one night,but would stay again. The walk up stairs were interesting,but there is an elevator towards the back of the hotel if you need it.Good for taking the luggage up and back down. Room was clean,comfortable and spacious.2 room suite. Check in was OK, they were just getting rid of a big conference at the hotel,so things were rather hectic for the front desk,but no worries,they were on it! Restaurant was great for the included buffet breakfast the next morning.All in all, a nice place to stay and convenient to where we had to be in Tucson.

Room Tip: A/C units in the room are a bit noisy,but OK. Ask about the elevator to ease the luggage transport.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Azsmittys,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to continue to improve our product and quality.

The team will be happy to know of your stay and how the room was clean and how they worked hard to deliver memorable service during a busy check out period. I understand the concern over a noisy air conditioning unit as it can truly diminish a good night's rest. I am sorry that was the case.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Tucson. You are truly a valued guest!

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

I had an amazing experience here by way of the service. The rooms are pretty decent aside from needing new carpet and updated furniture. The rooms are clean, they have nice flat screen tv's and comfy beds. The restaurant has pretty good food and unbeatable service. Everyone here is 100% about service. If for nothing else that makes me want to come back.

• Stayed June 2013
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear wikad1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and learning of the great comments on our service levels.

Our team takes pride in delivering memorable service and they will be thrilled to learn that is the case with you. We appreciate the positive comments regarding our service.

Again, thank you for your review and we do hope to see you back again soon. You are a valued guest!

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Had a convention there for the Order of the Amaranth for a week and could not have found a better place. The employees went out of their way to assist us in every way they could. From the time we checked in until we left the staff were great. My THANKS go out to Kim, Susan, Otha, Richard, Tim, Lynnia, Jessica, Cody, Cynthia, Kimberly, Candace, Sarah, Lonnie, Everet, Mona, April, Suzette, Tiffany, Beto, David, Francisco and Ryan, they all did an outstanding job.

Room Tip: get a room facing the swimming pool area at the ground level It makes it more convienient to the di...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear onevigilante,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your wonderful stay.

Our team is still talking about how great everyone was and how much fun they had while you were our guest. The group was not only fun to service, but educational to many as well. We really did enjoy the group and the team will be thrilled that you mentioned so many.

Thank you again for your review on us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We truly value you as our guest!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My trip was a short one to attend a promotion ceremony at Davis-Monthan AFB. The Holiday Inn Airport-North was ideally situated between the Tuscon airport and DMAFB.

Overall, the hotel is nice, clean, quiet, and staffed with friendly, helpful people.

Still, there were a few minor issues with my stay, but no show-stoppers, and I would stay there again.

The issues:

1) I checked into the hotel around 2:30 PM and a room was ready. I booked a standard, non-smoking room with a king-size bed. I asked if the rooms came equipped with a mini-refrigerator and the employee told me she was booking me into a mini-suite plus pointed me in the direction to where I could pickup some beer, juices, and water near the hotel. But first, my key didn't work, so I had to return to get it re-keyed, then the room was just a standard room with no mini-refrigerator. No big deal, as that is what I had originally booked. I didn't see any need to call the front desk about this mix-up.

2) One of the two elevators didn't have working floor indicator lights above the door.

3) House keeping didn't leave any coffee or hot drink cups nor any bar soap my first night. Again, I didn't see any need to call about this and the second day those items were there.

4) The guest service directory's television channel listing was inaccurate.

5) The bathroom's hair dryer was missing its holder and was hanging off the bare metal mounting bracket.

The notable good things:

1) Friendly, helpful (when I asked for it) hotel and restaurant staff.

2) Excellent pricing with the restaurants breakfast menu; fast service.

3) Nice business center room with a dedicated computer and printer for airline boarding passes.

4) Well-kept building interiors and grounds.

Overall, this hotel is well-suited for those looking for decent, clean facilities. The bed was comfortable, the wi-fi connection reliable, and the room quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear TravelGoot,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your detailed review as it is very helpful to us.

After reading your areas of opportunity, I can understand why your stay was good, but not great. I would feel the same way if my keys didn't work the first time, the refrigerator request wasn't met or channel guides are not accurate. As a traveler, those items are important and I am sorry you had to experience that with us.

On a positive note, thank you for pointing out the team and a few amenities we offer. The team works hard to deliver memorable service and they will be thrilled to learn their efforts did not go unnoticed.

If you have an moment, I would certainly like to learn more about your stay. You can either contact me directly at 520.799.8630 or via email at kym.myers@jqh.com. Your comments are valuable to us so we can certainly improve.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to speak further to you about it. You are a valued guest to us!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Surprised this facility is still associated with the Holiday Inn brand. The whole building smells of stale smoke. Carpets and furniture have stains everywhere. Went to go for a run and both treadmills were broken. Bathrooms dirty. Again surprised this facility is allowed to carry the brand name as its that bad.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 312alb81
Dear 312alb81,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, although we wished it would have been under better circumstances.

After reading your comments, I understand your frustration and need to express your concern with us. I am sorry this was something you had to experience and I hope we can speak about it so I can get more information on your stay. If you could contact me directly at 520.799.8630 or via email at kym.myers@jqh.com, I would greatly appreciate it. The more information I can gather, it will assist on improving our quality and service.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to speak to you about it. You are a valued guest and your comments are important to us.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and was repeatedly amazed at the lengths each staff member went to anytime I asked for something. From calling to ask directions, to more of something (e.g. toothpaste, coffee), to help moving something, every staff member really went the extra mile. The room was very nicely done, roomy, clean and the beds were oh, so comfortable. Sitting poolside in the evenings was relaxing and a great breakfast got each day off to a great start. It made such an impression that I am headed back there next week even though the location will not be as convenient as another hotel (and there a lot of good ones to choose from)!

Room Tip: I liked being poolside and there was not any noise from the pool, even when there were people in the...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear fsjpow,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to write it about our hotel. We appreciate your comments.

We are happy to know the team's efforts at delivering memorable guest service was noticed and we appreciate you commenting on that. They really do work hard at it. Also we are glad you enjoyed the accommodations and the pool area. We believe we have one of the better pools in the area and it definitely is a very relaxing place to enjoy in the evenings.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon when you come back to the hotel. You are truly a valued guest!