“Do not stay there!!!!!!”

Motel 6 Tucson Airport
Ranked #112 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 23 October 2012

So, I went to the room that was paid for. I asked for Non-Smoking, I got it, however it still reeked of smoke. I ignored it. One of the lights didn't work in the room. The room seemed kind of old and torn up. Then as I'm in the restroom....I see a ROACH calling from under the sink. It was late, was unsure what to do....so I ignored it for the time being. Went to bed in the most uncomfortable bed I have ever been in with some small pillows (like couch pillows). Like...Really? Then I lay down to try to sleep, fell asleep. Woke up in the middle of the night, like some people usually do. So...WHY DO I SEE A ROACH crawling up the wall? So, I just figure I'll talk to the hotel tomorrow. My room was changed to a front room from the back of the hotel.

That room was okay.....besides seeing a roach laying dead on his back. Guess the raid got him. Lol so, I try to make use of one more night. The hotel keys weren't working that great or the outside doors. My room was paid for from somebody else, except one night. But they screwed things up on that end, like a mix up. They tried to apologize and when I told another guy in the office about the roaches (like a manager) he act like he didn't even care!
Terrible place! My first & last time staying there! Not even worth $20.00/night! I don't like little brown things around my stuff and me, making me feel uncomfortable. They should be ashamed of themselves! AND THIS IS TRUE!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Youngjenn

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I recently stayed here and I chose to do that because of the other reviews. I was gong to stay at a Motel 6 but the reviews about train noise made me stay away from that hotel and come to this one. I am usually a staunch supporter of Motel 6 and my pocketbook thanks me for that.

My room was a smoking room even tho the sign on the door and my reservation said: No Smoking. I was too tired from traveling to go and argue with the front desk and so I just stayed. Maybe I was just imagining it? But in the morning when I went to get the 'continental' breakfast which consisted of some cheap packages of small donuts, apples in a bowl and Sunny D in a pitcher (for the orange juice I guess) and empty coffee carafes I noticed the stink of cigarettes in my room when I got back. It was horrible and I wish I had gone to complain the night before.

I also really noticed that the front desk area is very pretty but the rooms themselves are shabby and the halls smell really bad. Old motel smell for sure.

When I asked the front desk clerk about the coffee carafes being empty, she didn't respond so I never got any from the 'free breakfast.' There was nothing else offered, no cereal or bagels or anything at all.

Another thing, when I came back in the morning I noticed there were really big weird black spots on the bed sheets that I didn't notice the night before. How can you put sheets like this on a bed for guests? And two out of three lightbulbs in the bathroom did not work so that was not good.

I would never stay here again and feel that the earlier reviews are very misleading. This hotel is right by the highway and very noisy and there is a general air of neglect and when I pulled up in the back area - the front desk is very hard to find - I had to wander around in a very dark and empty place and felt very uncomfortable as a woman. This is just another shabby, crummy hotel with a fancy desk and some surprisingly good reviews considering what I experienced. When I read the other comments I am really shocked because it is nothing like what I experienced. In the future I will stay at a Motel 6 and get what I expect - cheap and simple and no expectations.

One thing to consider is that these reviews are just other people's experiences and to still use your best judgement when considering where to stay. I was disappointed and felt tricked by the reviews but now I know better and will judge for myself in the futures. Buyer beware !

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Great experience at the Windmere inn made lifelong friends. Awesome breakfast, clean rooms and friendly staff. Thanks debbie and Robert we appreciate everything you did for us. From the Allison's in Missouri

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 31 July 2012

everyone at this motel was pleasant and helpful.from the management to the overall staff.i would tell all my friends that travel through tucson to stop here .i have traveled through tucson alot and wish i had heard about it before now i would have staied here before some of the other motels in the area. clean rooms, pool,and close by other services are a plus.

Room Tip: if you are traveling through arizona and are driving on i-10 i recommend the windemere motel to stay...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have been staying at the Windemere (formerly) Quality Inn for 3.5 years.My medical condition brings me to Tucson often.Windemere is an older Hotel but it is CLEAN.There have been issues of items in the rooom that needed attention, but always have been corrected in a timely manner. I'm glad to see this Hotel go independant. I see the changes and upgrades they are now doing and its looking really nice.You can't beat the customer service there. I will always stay at the
Windemere.

Room Tip: all of the rooms with 1 king bed face the parking lot. all 2 beds face the courtyard and pool. ask t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank james w
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Very nice and comfortable was only there for a short time but felt it was reasonable and every one was very friendly...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marguerite H
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I want to give a big Thank You to Deborah (General Manager), Anjelica (In Charge of Delicious Breakfast and Morning Shuttle Service), and to the rest nicest and hardest working hotel staff!!! Everything was excellent from our room, shuttle service (which took us daily back and forth to the University Hospital), breakfast, next door restaurant, and helpful advice throughout the week we stayed there. They all made us have a very enjoyable trip, will definitely be back to stay with them!!!! I can't say THANK YOU enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business