This property is at the intersection of E Broadway (major east-west artery) and S Wilmot (busy north-south street). Next door is a 24-hour CVS, on the other is a Denny's. Across S Wilmot is Park Place Mall, a major shopping and dining mall. Within a one-mile radius of LQ, you'll be able to meet the majority of your dining, shopping, banking and movie needs.
This is an older property, with exterior corridors. All ground floor rooms have a sliding patio door facing the pool. There are partitions separating the individual patios, chairs are provided. The pool was heated -- surprise! -- which allowed me to swim first thing in the morning. There were chair lifts next to the pool and jacuzzi, very considerate. My room was located in the back, possibly because I was staying a week. It faced a residential block, so it was very quiet. Although other guests arrived during that time, the rooms on either side of mine remained empty. I booked a double-double and it was sufficiently spacious. The mattress and linens were comfortable; towels were functional. Housekeeping staff was amazing -- I never once heard a cart rolling around, yet my room was tidied every day. The breakfast spread is the LQ standard: waffles, coffee, tea, juices, boiled eggs, bagels & cream cheese, muffin assortment, bread assortment, cold cereal (three varieties), oatmeal, yogurt and fresh fruit. Everything was fresh daily, and a staffer constantly tidied up the counters and tables.
My only knock on this property is the indifference of the front desk staff -- definitely below the LQ norm. When I tried to check in, I had to call out several times before someone came out of the office behind the registration desk. One morning, I needed directions but had to wait until the two clerks finished discussing a "difficult" guest. (Hunh, I hope it wasn't me...) The exception is Dorian, who works graveyard during the week. He understands customer service and makes you feel appreciated. If you need driving directions, touring suggestions or just want to say "Hey!", be sure to stop by the front desk between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn Tucson East hotel is located only minutes from Davis-Monthan Air Force Base and the University of Arizona. Popular nearby attractions include the Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson Raceway Park (NASCAR events), the Pima County Fairgrounds, and Major League Ba...See moreseball spring training. Spend the day hiking in Sabino Canyon and Saguaro National Park. Visit magnificent Kartchner Caverns. Park Place Mall is nearby for shopping; there is golf and restaurants all around, including the Gaslight Dinner Theater. The impressive the La Quinta Inn Tucson East features spacious affordable rooms with plenty of useful amenities such as free high-speed Internet access. Our executive king rooms also include a microwave and refrigerator. Enjoy a stroll through our elegant courtyard with natural landscaping. Relax poolside and unwind in the refreshing spa. Wake up each morning to our free Bright Side Breakfast prepared by our courteous staff. Located east of I-10, less than a mile from St. Joseph's Hospital; close to Tucson Medical Center and UMC ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn Tucson East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Tucson East Hotel Tucson
- La Quinta Inn Tucson East Arizona