“Beautiful luxury”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Beautiful luxury”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I was there on business and my family came for dinner and to hang out the next day. The room was beautiful and the view was amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable. My kids love the giant tub and tv in the bathroom! The food and atmosphere at the restraunt was great! We will definitely stay there again!

1 Thank Kim L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
Oro Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Ventana Canyon has once again exceeded my expectations! Their staff takes great pride in making sure everything is taken care of. I love the back of the resort rooms best. You may just have a waterfall view.
Thank you for once again making such an impression!

2 Thank Errin P
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2013

One of the most beautiful and well operated resorts I've ever been to. Rooms are very nice, restaurants, pool, golf course are all top notch. Every employee I encountered was extermely polite and professional, including the bell desk, registration, golf and tennis, waitresses, and housekeeping. They were all so willing to help their clients be comfortable. Beautiful swimming pool and scenic hiking trails up to an 80 foot waterfall. Money well spent, and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All were nice. I had an inside corridor room and some friends had an outer corridor room. Both were...
2 Thank bobbybeak
Washington, DC
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed at the Loews Ventana Canyon for a business conference and it deserves the other good reviews it has received. I think I was here during an off week since there were few other guests around except for my conference attendees so it was very quiet and void of people. It's way up in the northern edge of Tucson, with pretty views of the city and surrounding desert. About a half hour drive from the Tucson airport. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself clean. Beautiful grounds and landscaping. It's an older property obviously renovated, but done well. My conference allowed me free access to the spa area which has a lap pool and hot tub, and steam and dry saunas in locker areas. There is another larger pool next to the main hotel building, which is more crowded. The Ventana Canyon trail is fun for hiking-- keep an eye out for rattlesnakes-- and stunning scenery with birds and flora.

I didn't eat at the hotel bar or restaurants as my conference hosts organized our meals. The food was catered by the hotel and was good and high quality compared to some other conferences I've been to.

The room was nice. Great bed and one of the biggest decadent shower/tub combos I have ever seen. My room had a balcony with chairs and a view. Also a Keurig, an old but working mini-fridge, and big work desk.

Only a few criticisms: $8.00 for in-room Fiji water bottle when I could buy the same at Walmart for .79 cents, which I did. Water, especially in Arizona, needs to be free for hotel guests, given that dehydration can happen fast. Really Loews management, get with the program here. Also A/C unit in room rattled a bit. I hate the idea of using A/C in May, but it was already 100F daytime in Tucson when I was here, so it was an evil necessity. Finally, charging for internet usage, which is archaic. Mine was covered by my conference fees, but I imagine many other people end up paying out of pocket for this.

Would recommend this property to friends and family. It's pleasant with lovely surroundings, and worth a visit.

Room Tip: Depends what you want. If you want to see the lights of Tucson ask for a south facing room. If you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
MarketingSlsGuy, Director of Sales at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for your informative review on TripAdvisor. I think your comments will be helpful for other guest with regard to the setting, grounds, staff, etc. Please come back and see us again soon.
Mark Lindsey
Director of Sales and Marketing
Tucson
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We contacted Mark who offered to comp our family of 6. When our out of state family was here for Spring Break we enjoyed the meal we had always come to expect.......WONDERFUL.... thanks to all for exceptional food and service.

Thank you.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank AZAZ2
Horay! Now that is the Blues Brews and Barbeque Brunch experience we are accustomed to delivering for our guests. Thank you for giving us another chance, and for telling your story! We love it when our guests leave here with a "5" level experience. Hope to see you and your family again soon at Loews Ventana Canyon.
Mark Lindsey
Director of Sales and Marketing
Murray, Utah
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Ventana Canyon was a nice get away. We stayed here for a wedding weekend. The hotel was beautiful. The room was great and had a beautiful view overlooking the pool. The pool experience was very good with a nice section of drinks. We had 4 meals there in 3 of the restaurants that I would recommend. The hotel staff @ the front desk helped with so many questions. There was a shuttle to what they call a tram, it was a 3.8 mile drive where they narrate on the ride. It was about a 90 minute excursion. The hotel had an outdoor movie that several people took advantage of. The men loved the 18 hole golf course too. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

My Sister and I try to get away to Loews Ventana Canyon resort each year. We love this resort and always feel like we are coming home. The pool area is lovely with flowers everywhere. The food is good even if a little on the expensive side. Sign up for their guest loyalty program. This time we received free wi-fi and parking because we signed up last year.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family