I've been here several times on my own as well as with my family. The setting is phenomenal as always; landscaping is beautiful. Something hasn't gone right with the service since I was last here.
The room was run down - wallpaper was peeling from the wall. The carpet in our 2 rooms and hallway was stained and very well worn. Service, however, was bad enough this time that I am compelled to share a review after this stay. Something systemic is wrong about how staff are being trained and managed.
The ONLY true representation of 5 star service were the head valet/bellman. He greeted me with a wonderful smile and warm greeting while welcoming me and holding the door. Seems like he is proud of his resort and loves his job. The concierge was super helpful in providing information on hiking Ventana Canyon. The lady in the spa who helped us with setting up tennis court reservations was nice. This is where the great service ended.
The front desk staff couldn't have been older than 22 and the guy checking me in didn't even look at me or smile - not once - while checking me in. The pool guy manning the towel table seemed like he was on a break from college at his first job and was overly chatty and giddy. Don't get me wrong - young folks can absolutely provide fantastic service. These folks, however, did not get the right training to be helping people at a 5 star resort.
Wait staff in the Cascade restaurant in the evening was average for my family. We were trying to pick a place to eat with our older boys who were very hungry. Menu options were fairly limited and our waitress - although patient - wasn't super friendly or helpful about our options. We decided against staying.
For the Saturday night of our stay there was an hour-long S'mores by Firelight event which was well advertised throughout the resort. Lots of families (including us) were gathered prior to the start time of 7pm and were excited for the event. By 7:20 nothing was set up and several folks had to go into the Cascade (lobby) restaurant to inquire about what was supposed to be happening. One waitperson finally came out and set up everything in the pitch dark. One of the 3 fire pits wasn't working, so families were crowded around the 2 remaining fire pits to roast their marshmallows. The one waitperson left the unlit table of supplies to go inside to get someone change (the charge was $5/person!!) and left everything unmanned. It turned into a free-for-all with supplies that ran out. We decided to bag it and left disappointed. Do it right or don't do it at all.
Something about the cleaning crew isn't working either. Small bits of litter were visible around the property. Every time we got into an elevator it was covered in nasty handprints and had a different item of trash (coffee cups, wine glass, etc.) lodged onto the handrail. Maybe there needs to be more trash receptacles or places for dishes available for guests? Gross. These are details that, when thoughtfully taken into account, make properties truly 5 star.
The management here would benefit hugely by visiting with the general manager at Greenwood Village Athletic Club in Colorado. They have a fantastic service model which gets these things right for the type of clientele that Loews Ventana Canyon gets - and should hope to get again and again.
Interestingly enough, I've seen a few reviews on Trip Advisor about how people who have booked the cheaper rooms have gotten sub-par service. These were less expense rooms on this stay than I often book when I come on my own to get away. Although I book cheaper rooms on one stay, who's to say that I wouldn't look to book a convention for my company here based on my personal visit experience? If they got the quality of service that I did on this particular visit, I'd definitely think twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucson's spectacular 'Ventana' or 'Window' to the Soul of the Sonoran desert-is Loews Ventana Canyon. Discover a magical perspective high above Tucson's Catalina Mountains, where this stunning natural retreat offers a variety of activities, signature services and experiences to relax, energize and inspire guests. A playground of visitor delights includes: the luxurious Lakeside Spa & Tennis Center; Canyon hiking; professional stargazing; 2 Tom Fazio-designed PGA golf courses and lighted tennis courts; 2 swimming pools; a fitness center; nearby riding trails and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Loews Ventana Canyon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Ventana Canyon Hotel Tucson
- Loews Tucson
- Tucson Loews
- Loews Ventana Canyon Resort Tucson, Arizona