A month ago, in March, I took a 2 week road trip that was mostly pleasure with a tad bit of business toward the end. My original plan was to camp or stay with friends for the entire trip and was especially looking forward to revisiting my favorite desert as spring began. I am so glad that I made the call to reserve a couple nights at the Loews in Tucson as a mid-trip retreat. I booked two nights and stayed three because I just couldn't bear to leave so soon. I loved nearly everything about it and look forward to going back next year. The room was great with a view over the landscaped desert garden and falls. I couldn't get enough of that over-sized tub and had a soak every night. The staff was impeccable. Every need and desire attended to with grace and a smile. I would like to especially mention Skyler and Tyler at Bill's Grill poolside. Wish I had gotten the name of the bartender on duty when I sent my drink back. It just wasn't right and she graciously made another (better) and didn't charge me for the first. Love you guys! Really, I can't say it enough, good service and attitude go a long way and no matter how good your facilities are, your hotel is only as good as it's staff. And they rock!
A couple of things though that would make MY next stay even better. Dare I say perfect? I would love more healthy veggie or even vegan options available from the kitchens. Although I do really dig that veggie burger from Bill's.
Also, someone needs to do some updated versions of the classic cocktails. The old fashioneds were hit and miss. Maybe we just take our cocktails more seriously up here in the northwest but I do love trying the fresh house versions of the old standards and am sure there is enough creativity in the bar staff to mix up some awesome southwest flavors in a new, old fashioned.
When I come back next March I am bringing friends to try out that golf course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucson's spectacular 'Ventana' or 'Window' to the Soul of the Sonoran desert-is Loews Ventana Canyon. Discover a magical perspective high above Tucson's Catalina Mountains, where this stunning natural retreat offers a variety of activities, signature services and experiences to relax, energize and inspire guests. A playground of visitor delights includes: the luxurious Lakeside Spa & Tennis Center; Canyon hiking; professional stargazing; 2 Tom Fazio-designed PGA golf courses and lighted tennis courts; 2 swimming pools; a fitness center; nearby riding trails and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Ventana Canyon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Ventana Canyon Hotel Tucson
- Loews Tucson
- Tucson Loews
- Loews Ventana Canyon Resort Tucson, Arizona