“Nice peaceful hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego
“Nice peaceful hotel”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We recently stayed at Loews Ventana on our way to San Antonio. The rates in June drop dramatically in the Tucson area because of the heat and so we were able to stay at this resort for a very reasonable. price. I had heard good things about this hotel and the reviews were not wrong. The hotel is located in a beautiful setting. It really seems to blend into the hills. The architect did a very good job of making sure it did not ruin the landscape of this beautiful area. There are some wonderful views of the city from this hotel. At sunset there are some gorgeous views. The grounds are kept immaculate. Our room was fairly large and well appointed. The staff was very friendly. The hotel restaurant "the Flying V" was outstanding. I had the grilled scallops and my wife had the ahi tuna. Both were excellent. They also have a nice wine selection. The property also has some nice lounges which we enjoyed. I did not play the golf course because of the heat but I enjoyed the views of the course and it looks magnificent. All in all this is a very nice hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gene2459
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review and for choosing to stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon; it sounds like you had a fabulous time while visiting us recently on your way to San Antonio! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found other TripAdvisor reviews of Loews Ventana Canyon to be accurate and helpful while planning your recent trip! Your comments are very much appreciated and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor; we are truly honored to have received such a wonderful review from a Top TripAdvisor Contributor as yourself! Thank you again and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again very soon!!

Derek H McCann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Went to family brunch on a Sunday morning. The barbeque grill was amazing, ribs were succulent and the prime rib moist and tender especially tasty with the coarse horseradish. The food of course is the easy part. Making the dining experience extraordinary requires prompt and attentive service. Our family was fortunate to be seated at a table serviced by the team of Monica and Johannan. Monica’s timing was spot on. She seemed to always arrive at just the right moment to freshen a mimosas or bring another craft brew. I truly appreciated her stopping by to offer a cup of coffee when she observed that I had raided the wonderful desert bar. The one thing that really stood out about Monica’s service was that I never had to ask for anything. Everything I needed or wanted was offered. Quiet and sure of his responsibilities, Johannan’s service was equally impressive and appreciated. We’re planning another staycation at Loew’s later this summer. Brunch will definitely be on the menu.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful TripAdvisor review! I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us recently at our Blues, Brews & BBQ Brunch! We are very fortunate to have Executive Chef Ken Harvey on our team who is the creative mastermind behind our popular Sunday Brunch! It sounds like you and your family had a fantastic time and received the highest level of service from our Team Members, especially Monica and Johannan! I will be sure to personally share your kind words with each of them as well as their supervisors so they can be recognized for the incredible service they provided you! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you back at Loews Ventana Canyon again soon for another family staycation!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel. Given it is in Tucson, I was concerned it may not be up to standards, but wow was I wrong. The service overall was outstanding. From the dining room, to the catering staff, to housekeeping and concierge. I asked for a quiet room, and indeed I got one. The room was large, and the bathtub was gigantic! Also, I purchased a pair of pants and needed them hemmed. Within a few hours and for $12, they were expertly altered. The next time my travels take me to Tucson, here is where I'm staying!

Room Tip: There are many rooms, so if you want one away from the usual hub bub of a hotel, they should be able...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Wow, thank you for your TripAdvisor review! I am so happy to hear how pleasantly surprised you were with your time here with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! It sounds like you had a wonderful time while visiting us on business and were able to relax and enjoy the serene desert surroundings! I am thrilled to hear that you received nothing but the highest level of service from our amazing Team Members and that we were able to quickly hem the pair of pants you purchased! Your comments are greatly appreciated and I thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

toronto
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hotel located in a quiet area. Nice large clean rooms, nice sized balconies and great service. Looks like they are catering to families as the pool was full of kids and families. Overall a very nice relaxing stay.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for choosing to stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! It sounds like you had a wonderful time during your recent visit and were able to relax while enjoying the beautiful desert surroundings! The main pool is a great area to enjoy some fun with the family, but we also offer a more tranquil environment for those looking to relax at the adult pool located behind the Lakeside Spa and Fitness Center! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

Sahuarita, Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Loews Ventana Canyon on two different occasions. One was for the "Best Of The Best" awards by CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company and the next was for the Safari Club International Annual Fund Raiser. On both occasions we were treated royally by an employee named Fatah. He was especially nice and attentive. And...it appeared everyone else he had contact with was treated in a like manner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Wow, what a wonderful TripAdvisor review! We are honored to have been able to welcome you to Loews Ventana Canyon on two separate occasions recently with both the CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company “Best of the Best” Awards as well as the Safari Club International Annual Fund Raiser! I am thrilled to hear that Fatah’s attentive and friendly service on each visit made such a memorable impact on your time with us and I will be sure to share your kind words with Fatah and his supervisor so that he may be recognized for the outstanding service he provided you! Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experiences with us and others on TripAdvisor and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2014

What a beautiful resort. Tate and Wes at the front were handsome and helpful young men who made my stay special. After meeting me once, Ted knew my name and was always there to help with bags or deliver things to my room. The room was clean, the beds soft, the view of the mountain, waterfall and pool was breathtaking. My only regret was only staying one night. Don't pass this place up!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for choosing to stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and I will happily share your kind words with both Tate & Wes so they may be recognized for the outstanding service they each provided you! Your comments are very much appreciated and I thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience on TripAdvisor! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014

When I found out that our conference was going to be in Tucson my first thought was, "oh...desert." Never in my wildest dreams could I have guessed what an absolutely fabulous location this would be. The hotel is surrounded by beautiful scenery and wildlife. There is even a Koi pond and a waterfall. More importantly, the staff is amazing. Every single staff member I encountered had a smile and a positive attitude. Jared was especially kind and accommodating and very attentive to our needs. The food was delicious, the beds comfortable and the tub in the bathroom could fit a small family! What a wonderful experience. I am already trying to figure out when I can go back, and this time take my husband and son. I know they would love it too!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LeslieGail72
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you so much for your incredible TripAdvisor review!! I am beyond thrilled to hear that you were so impressed to find how beautiful our desert surroundings are and that our Team Members were able to make such a memorable impression on your stay! I will be sure to share your kind words with Jared and his supervisor so that he may be recognized for the outstanding service he provided you! It sounds like you had a fabulous time while visiting us on business and we truly look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon – hopefully with the whole family!