“Excellent week-end stay!”

Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Foremost, this resort is located in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in northeast Tucson with beautiful views of the mountains and city lights at night. In fact, the property is nestled right up against the mountains. A hiking trail is located just a few steps from the resort's main drive way entry. Our standard room was spacious and nicely equipped with a Keurig coffee maker and a mini fridge. Wi-Fi is provided as part of the $25.00/night resort fee. The hotel staff were warm and helpful. We traveled with two small children and we all enjoyed our stay including our times spent by the family pool (there is also an adult-only pool). Everything I expected from Loews!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Loews Ventana Canyon! I am so pleased to hear what an excellent weekend stay you had with us recently and appreciate you taking a few moments to share your kind words on TripAdvisor! Thank you again very much and I hope to welcome you and your family back to visit us again soon!

Derek H McCann

Write a ReviewReviews (2,911)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

very spacious, well appointed room; wonderful pool, superb grounds with waterfall and butterfly garden and an asphalt path; very friendly desk staff; hummingbird feeders would be a nice addition; we had wonderful stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and had such an excellent time exploring our beautiful desert surroundings! I appreciate you taking a few moments to post your experience on TripAdvisor and have shared your hummingbird feeder suggestion with senior management. Thank you again and I hope you will be back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I travel often stay at hotels about 20
Times a year I read all reviews before going and I have to say what people complain about it quite ridiculous!
Walk into the hotel is smells amazing, lobby is very impressing lots of places to sit and relax with amazing views.
We were upgraded (thank you again) our room was immaculate, tub was huge square soaking tub, large balcony to sit and relax, bed amazingly comfortable!! They had extra pillows and blankets wrapped in the closet with robes...nice sitting area and desk! It has a mini fridge and small keurig coffee maker.
They have Golf, spa, resturants, bar, walking trail you will see waterfalls, butterflies and hummingbirds! They have amazing pond with the largest Koi fish that you can feed the kids loved that.
The staff were very attentive, smiles, and nice. The pool has complimentary fruit flavored water, sunscreen, pool toys towels and you can get cocktails and eats while you are enjoying the pool!
It's quite there was a wedding and family reunion I did not hear any disturbance.
We will be back! We loved it!

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank zimrock

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for choosing to stay with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! It sounds like you had an amazing stay and were able to experience all our tranquil desert resort has to offer! I appreciate you taking a moment of your time to share your kind words with us on TripAdvisor and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great spot. Comfortable, nice pool area, close to great hiking. Ventana canyon hiking is great and close to sabina canyon too. Friendly staff. Beautiful setting! Great views of Tucson at night.
Recommend!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for TripAdvisor review! It sounds like you had a great stay with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to join us again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very pleasant and quiet pool area with great views of the Catalina Mountains. 36 holes of golf on the same property as the hotel. Make sure to take the short walk to Ventana Waterfall. Kids will enjoy feeding the large koi and catfish. The staff at the cafe were excellent and made our breakfasts great.

We messed up our reservation but the staff at the front desk was incredible and took care of us immediately. This type of professional accommodation will make it so we stay at Loews properties whenever we have a chance.

We were a bit surprised to see that maintenance of the grounds was not as thorough as one would expect for such a beautiful property. The cement walkways and lounging areas needed sweeping.

We found that the draft beer at the pool bar, hotel bar and at the Flying V Restaurant was not cold.

Room Tip: All rooms and views (mountain or city) are great.
1  Thank John G G
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! I am very appreciative that you took the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and am happy to hear that you had such a great week enjoying our beautiful desert surroundings! Your comments are very important to me and I have shared your feedback regarding the walkways and the draft beer with the appropriate members of senior management so we may continue to better improve the overall experience our guests receive at Loews Ventana Canyon. Again, thank you very much and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

spectacular desert setting, meticulously maintained, very friendly staff, very spacious room, wonderful paved paths through the desert setting to a waterfall and butterfly area, hummingbird feeders would be a nice addition

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for joining us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! It sounds like you had a wonderful stay and I appreciate you taking a few moments to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are always looking to improve our resort as well as the overall experience our guests receive and thank you for the hummingbird feeder suggestion! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon at Loews Ventana Canyon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I am usually a budget traveler, on the lookout for bargains in good places, this was one of those! The surroundings are beautiful. The building itself blends seamlessly with the landscape. The communal spaces are large, airy and quiet. The staff was efficient, friendly and helpful. This hotel offers a little bit of luxury, if you manage to get a deal.

The room was large, well designed, enormous bed, balcony overlooking the golf course, large bathroom with the largest bath I have ever seen in an hotel, that wasn't a fancy suite...you could party in it quite easily! The aircon was quiet, as was the entire establishment.

I liked the pool area, clean and spacious, surrounded by the mountains and cacti. There were towels on hand as well as goggles, sun cream, drinks and various balls etc to keep the children amused in the water. There was always an attendant present ready to help.

My roadtrip budget did not quite allow me to dine in the hotel so unfortunately no comments on the food.

The hotel is a little way out from downtown, but don't be put off, the road system is excellent and it is easy to get out of town to places like the Biosphere II or Pima easily.

I don't often say this but, I would definitely think of going back here again.

Room Tip: Although people like to look over the mountain, I thought the view over the golf course (car park in...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your fantastic TripAvisor review and for choosing to stay with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! I am truly honored to have received such a wonderful five-star review from a Top TripAdvisor Contributor as yourself and am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Your comments are much appreciated and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to join us again soon to experience the many excellent dining opportunities at Loews Ventana Canyon!