“Location, location, location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Parkland, Florida
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Always loved this hotel when we lived in Tucson 20 years ago and couldn't wait to stay here. Staff was very friendly. Loved all the trails to beautiful scenery like the waterfall. Pool is great. The only reason this hotel is not getting a 5 rating is that there was always a food tray outside a room for longer than it should be. We had 2 glasses from the room next door for 2 days and were never taken away. We finally called down when the wine glass had been shattered with broken glass all over the floor. I had to call twice before it was finally cleaned up. Also a few doors down there was a tray of food that was there for so long that it was knocked around. When they cleaned it up they left a utensil that sat for a day longer. I just expect more from a five star resort.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Kimmig1
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies that our staff was unable to meet your expectations. This is not the standard we hold ourselves to, and I will certainly pass on your comments to make sure our service is improved in the future. Thank you again for your review, and I hope to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon soon.

Derek H. McCann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
Wheaton, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Although the purpose of my trip to Tucson was to visit family, I could not help but to be impressed by the superior resort experience offered by Lowes Ventana Canyon. The views from the room were magnificent and the room was clean, comfortable and well done. There is a Koi pond with very large Koi that my nephew loved to feed. The pool is a true pleasure to experience. Finally the resort's nature trail was such an unexpected treat as I was able to get my wife out and explore the Arizona desert without having to bushwack or risk desert hiking with desert animals. There is a hiking trail that goes back into Ventana Canyon which had geocaches so I had to go for a hike and make several geocache finds. Anyone who complains about bad cell phone reception or a daily fee for hi-speed internet connection is not worthy of staying at a true desert resort I had no need for the TV, cell phone or computer at the Lowes Ventana Canyon Resort.

I am looking to coming back with our teenage children and making a desert resort adventure of our stay.

Room Tip: Request a room with a desert view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful TripAdvisor review and for choosing to stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon recently while visiting family! It sounds like you had an excellent time enjoying our beautiful desert surroundings and I appreciate you taking a few moments to share your experience on TripAdvisor! Thank you again and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon at Loews Ventana Canyon!

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

June golf trip with 4 guys. Out of season so the property was sparse. Service good, rooms beautiful, and golf arrangements on the 2 Ventana courses was very well organized. Pool area had good bar service and facilities. Staff very accommodating and professional.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BobEB85
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent golf outing with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and appreciate you taking the time to share kind words on TripAdvisor! Thank you again and I sincerely hope to welcome you and your friends back to visit us again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Foremost, this resort is located in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in northeast Tucson with beautiful views of the mountains and city lights at night. In fact, the property is nestled right up against the mountains. A hiking trail is located just a few steps from the resort's main drive way entry. Our standard room was spacious and nicely equipped with a Keurig coffee maker and a mini fridge. Wi-Fi is provided as part of the $25.00/night resort fee. The hotel staff were warm and helpful. We traveled with two small children and we all enjoyed our stay including our times spent by the family pool (there is also an adult-only pool). Everything I expected from Loews!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Loews Ventana Canyon! I am so pleased to hear what an excellent weekend stay you had with us recently and appreciate you taking a few moments to share your kind words on TripAdvisor! Thank you again very much and I hope to welcome you and your family back to visit us again soon!

Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

very spacious, well appointed room; wonderful pool, superb grounds with waterfall and butterfly garden and an asphalt path; very friendly desk staff; hummingbird feeders would be a nice addition; we had wonderful stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and had such an excellent time exploring our beautiful desert surroundings! I appreciate you taking a few moments to post your experience on TripAdvisor and have shared your hummingbird feeder suggestion with senior management. Thank you again and I hope you will be back to visit us again soon!

wheaton IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I travel often stay at hotels about 20
Times a year I read all reviews before going and I have to say what people complain about it quite ridiculous!
Walk into the hotel is smells amazing, lobby is very impressing lots of places to sit and relax with amazing views.
We were upgraded (thank you again) our room was immaculate, tub was huge square soaking tub, large balcony to sit and relax, bed amazingly comfortable!! They had extra pillows and blankets wrapped in the closet with robes...nice sitting area and desk! It has a mini fridge and small keurig coffee maker.
They have Golf, spa, resturants, bar, walking trail you will see waterfalls, butterflies and hummingbirds! They have amazing pond with the largest Koi fish that you can feed the kids loved that.
The staff were very attentive, smiles, and nice. The pool has complimentary fruit flavored water, sunscreen, pool toys towels and you can get cocktails and eats while you are enjoying the pool!
It's quite there was a wedding and family reunion I did not hear any disturbance.
We will be back! We loved it!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank zimrock
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for choosing to stay with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! It sounds like you had an amazing stay and were able to experience all our tranquil desert resort has to offer! I appreciate you taking a moment of your time to share your kind words with us on TripAdvisor and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon!

Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great spot. Comfortable, nice pool area, close to great hiking. Ventana canyon hiking is great and close to sabina canyon too. Friendly staff. Beautiful setting! Great views of Tucson at night.
Recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for TripAdvisor review! It sounds like you had a great stay with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to join us again soon!