“Thank You”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal, Quebec
“Thank You”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had a great time at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort! The location is really beautiful!
I want to thank one of the staff, Laney Ziegler, for going above and beyond to help me out make me feel at home here, you are awesome :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you so much for your comments, and for recognizing Laney for her outstanding service! I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon.

Derek H McCann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
Tucson
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We actually booked this the day before, we wanted a last minute romantic getaway. We had no idea what we were in for, we loved everything about the place and our weekend. We can't wait to go back. The staff was awesome, the amenities were great, so much to do, we didn't leave the property the entire weekend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your romantic getaway with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon and appreciate you taking a few moments to share your experience on TripAdvisor! It sounds like you had a fabulous time and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon!

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The resort is beautifully situated in the desert landscape. Nature trails surrounding the pool area are wonderful. Room was luxurious and clean. Very peaceful and relaxing stay. The only reason I dropped to 4 stars is the added $25/day "Resort fee", which is very much hidden in the small print of the reservation.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jeff H
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! I appreciate you taking a few moments to share your experience on TripAdvisor and am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as our beautiful desert surroundings! Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back to visit us again the next time you are in Tucson!

Park City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Ventana Canyon was perfect for a family gathering. The layout, architecture, design is beautiful and perfectly placed into the mountainside. We loved the Frank Lloyd Wright inspired design and admired how they keep updating it taking into consideration the natural surroundings. We spoke to ANDY the Landscaper for a long time about the wildlife and the plant life that is there - you're literally surrounded by it. ANDY thoroughly enjoys his work and it shows - his deep knowledge and caring for every tree, cactus, tortoise and well... everything.
My family had never taken a "resort vacation" together. And wow what a way to show my mom what fantastic poolside service is all about... MATT rocks! He's full of happiness and is soo authentic - and even as it got hotter and hotter throughout the day he never seemed tired. Important stuff to know: Beds - super comfortable, Spa - really really nice design and super people : loved our early morning (5:30am to beat the heat) power walk with VALERIE. Bathrooms - super roomy and love the rustic color palate (because it is all about the bathrooms!) & lush towels. POOL, hot tub, plunge pool - great design - just need to clean it more. Definitely a great place to visit a hot place!

Room Tip: Room facing in towards pool area great - had a view of mountain and cactus
Green Features: Loved the nature walk and the signage naming and describing plants and animals. Would like to see more signage encouraging water conservation and recycling. Empower and enable guest sot take part in habits needed to sustain living in desert environment.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful TripAdvisor review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and learning all about our beautiful desert surroundings! I will be sure to share your kind words with Andy, Matt and Valerie so they may be recognized for the outstanding service they provided you with! Thank you again very much and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon at Loews Ventana Canyon!

Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I visited this resort with my family and was blown away by the natural beauty and the abundance of local flora and fauna. The rooms were spacious and extremely comfortable but the best part was the balcony and patio decks. The wild life come right up to wall separating you from the grounds. I could wake up to wild humming birds, quail, and if I was lucky, some larger animals like road runners and deer. The waterfall and stream that flow from the mountain to the hotel and under it & out to the golf course are reminiscent of a Frank Lloyd Wright house in the way they incorporate nature into the design. The grounds keepers were experts in the myriad of local plants that provide so much of the south western authenticity. One grounds keeper was gracious enough to answer our questions and offered amazing insight into the history and design. The thought and attention to making your stay as much of a learning and local experience as a comfortable one were remarkable. I highly recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a unique experience that leaves you refreshed from experiencing nature and comfort in an optimal setting.
My only hope for the future is that they continue to increase their indigenous species support programs and continue to allow the wildlife to roam the grounds freely.

Room Tip: Request the eastern wing with a mountain view on the ground floor. Even if you can't see the mou...
Green Features: Extremely environmentally conscious, they encouraged wildlife to take advantage of the water source and their practices in attempting to preserve the natural habitat are pioneering. I am highly impressed with the grounds team, they are truly dedicated to their profession.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Wow, thank you for your excellent review of Loews Ventana Canyon! I am thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent getaway to our beautiful resort and were able to experience the many different species of desert wildlife on property. I appreciate you taking a few moments of your time to share your kind words on TripAdvisor and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to join us again soon!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at Ventana Canyon for 3 nights and was very impressed with the friendly service, roomy accommodations, beautiful location, delicious food and helpfulness of the staff. If you are going to vacation in Tucson, this is the resort to come to - you won't be disappointed!! It truly made us want to come back and visit Tucson again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wow – thank you for this fantastic review. Your comments are truly appreciated, and I’m so glad to hear you loved our property. I hope to see you again soon at Loews Ventana Canyon.

Tucson
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Nice resort with lots of amenities. Time constraints prevented us from enjoying most of them. Great location with great scenery. Large comfortable rooms. Great high-end hotel, especially when you are traveling with pets. They pampered the dogs by providing welcome treats, dog bowls and sanitary bags. We were also placed on a ground level unit with patio. Easy to take the dogs in and out for a walk. Very happy with this. No better accommodations for those traveling with pets. Will definitely stay there again on my trip back home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for this great TripAdvisor review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that your pets were well taken care of! We appreciate your feedback, and continued loyalty, and I hope to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again very soon!