Regal Inn
  • Pool
Pueblo Inn(Tucson)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I was going to file this under "what the heck did I expect?" Then I saw their website proclaim "Tucson's cleanest budget motel".

During a road trip, my girlfriend and I wanted a place to close our eyes for 6-hours. We stopped in a row of low budget motels advertising their rates from $24 to $38. At night, they all looked unsavoury but bizarrely, the $24 Regal Inn looked most appealing.

The outside looked clean, the lobby was tidy and the girl working the counter was friendly. We thought we chose wisely.

Inside, the room was damp and small. We had no toilet paper, 3 small towels and one pillow. We got toilet paper at the front desk but, a 2nd pillow was beyond their means. We slept uneasy wearing our clothes and hit the shower early to get out of there.

The shower was quickly vetoed when my girlfriend saw a roach scamper across the floor. The $24 price isn't worth the stress of wondering whether a crawly critter snuck into your bag to find its way home.

Room Tip: I would NOT recommend room #126. Maybe the rest of the building make it "Tucson's Cleanest Budget Motel" as stated on their website.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AdventureArt
Reviewed 26 February 2009

the staff were very friendly and helpful here, and recommended a nearby restaurant. the room had no tv remote and staff quickly found one for me. they also gave me a room in the back of the motel-roooms in the front of the motel would be very noisy because they face a freeway. the room was very clean and was actually a smoke-free room, w/o the brown cigarette grime on the furniture!! the price was low for the area.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2008

This time, the stay at the hotel was perfectly acceptable. I asked for a room as far away from the pool as possible. It was clean, quiet, and had a coffeepot. I was really reticent to return as the first stay was next to the pool. The first stay, they allowed unsupervised children to play & scream well past 1030 at night. We finally demanded to move, and they put us in a nasty smelling room, that also was a smoking room. We suspect it was a rent-by-the-hour room. I am writing this reveiw to "give the devil its due -- and recommend that you ask to be away from the front and pool.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2008

I go in a Motel 6 when I don't arrive to find a motel at a good price during the famous incredible prices fridays and saturdays nights.
I don't like these motels even if they are cleaned and all over the country for low price ; rooms are small,furniture aseptized, breakfast not inclused, exept a coffee, no wifi.
But priced are fixed and you know what to expect when you arrive there: No fun but no surprise... you're in a motel 6.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 August 2007

I stayed there for four days. I was hit on by a hooker in the parking lot. There was constant noise. I was not afraid for my safety since I am a very large, intimidating looking man but I would never bring my family to this armpit of motels.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Gizzly_Atoms