If you love to play golf this is a great place to stay at an affordable price.
The suite was huge and if you are staying for over a week it included a walk-in closet which was very nice so our luggage/clothing was stored out of site.
The staff/customer service is the best in Tucson! They were very accommodating and when we asked for a refrigerator for our room they brought one right away as well as a microwave! The concierge, Johnny, is the most informed concierge in Tucson! If you want to know the history about anything or need some ideas on what to do/where to go just ask her. She also supplied us with water before we left on our outing!
The golf is amazing. Both courses are in meticulous shape although we did prefer the Catalina course. Also, our room was situated so we could drink our morning coffee on our balcony and watch the members teeing off early morning. The views were beautiful - the one morning there was a duck crossing over the fairway to the pond with her ducklings - very cute.
The day we spent at the pool was really fun. If you don't want to be in the sun there are plenty of umbrellas. The pool staff brought cool (yummy smelling) face towels for everyone and also brought around ice pops and fresh water!
The only con was there was a mouse on our patio! Although I never saw it there was droppings every morning when we went out to drink our coffee....I did call the front desk and they cleaned the patio very well and had someone spray while we were out playing golf.
We have stayed at the Hilton El Conquistador in Oro Valley and that property / customer service is not even comparable to the Omni. Last year when we stayed at the Hilton the last day we were there they did clean our room, we had no clean towels for showers, and when we asked they said they were overbooked and too busy to clean our room! When we arrived back from dinner the last night we were at the Hilton guests were smoking marijuana on their patio and this is a non-smoking resort. When we complained to the front desk they said there was nothing they could do about what guests were doing on their patios!
This would never happen at the Omni. We will absolutely stay at the Omni again when we are in Tucson! We LOVE this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home of the PGA TOUR's Champions Tour in 2015, the Omni Tucson National Resort boasts an award winning service team, chef-driven restaurant concepts, exquisite meeting space and 36 holes of world-class golf on our Catalina and Sonoran courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Omni Tucson National Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Tucson National Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Omni
- Omni Tucson National Resort Arizona