We have stayed at this particular hotel since it was a Ramada approx. 10 years ago. Since then its been the Palo Verde Inn and now a Quality Inn......ironically, it is missing the "quality" part. The day manager and evening gal were super nice and it was super quiet there and those are the only reasons I rated it a 2. I asked about the upgrades that supposedly had done to some of the rooms and were told that some were good but the ones on the far side of the pool were still really bad. Upon check-in, we found it to be clean but didnt impress us with any special upgrades. The hotel building has been going downhill for years. It was freshly painted and it looked as if a new, but tiny, wall AC had been put in. It was adequate when the temp was 85-90 when we were there but there is no way it would have kept up in the 100-110 degree weather that Tucson gets in the summer. I noticed in the bathroom that there were several fruit flies/large gnats flying around. The bathroom light had a exposed wire running from it to the wall and there was tissue stuck in the hole around the wire to plug it. We were supposed to have free wi-fi and it never worked,even after telling the front desk about it. Some of the outlets didnt work and others were missing face plates. I mean, really! How much does a face plate cost? 27 cents?? The bed was one lumpy mess with no box springs that slanted towards the wall. Although 7 premium channels were promised, we got only 2 and that was of the 10 total channels we got. I heard other guests complaining at the front desk that their door was broken and they couldnt get in....another said that they felt like the ceiling was going to fall down on them. There was also a storm drain near our parking space that was spewing foul smelling green slime. I do have to say that I loved the huge fluffy pillows though! If that was a refurbished room, I would HATE to see the other ones! RUN! Run FAR away from this place...you just cant spit-shine a turd! :/ Oh yeah, neither jacuzzi were operating correctly when we were there. One had heat but no bubbles, the other had bubbles but no heat..lol. Pool was a little dirty but still refreshing....had to ask for towels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eco-friendly, pet-friendly, free WiFi, free parking, complimentary airport shuttle, new renovations description = The newly renovated Palo Verde Inn & Suites is an authentic Southwestern, adobe-style hotel in Tucson, Arizona nestled among native Palo Verde trees and saguaro cactus. We are centrally located to all Tucson area attractions and the business district--minutes away from Tucson International Airport (TUS), downtown Tucson, University of Arizona, and Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. Whether traveling for business or leisure, the Palo Verde Inn & Suites is the perfect location to enjoy genuine Southwestern hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palo Verde Hotel Tucson
- Palo Verde Inn And Suites
- Palo Verde Tucson
- Quality Inn & Suites Airport North Tucson, Arizona