“Ramada Stay”

Rameda Foothills Resort
Ranked #25 of 130 Hotels in Tucson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
illinois
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights, but ended up having such a great time at Saguaro National Park that we booked an extra night. The room was clean and comfortable. It was showing some age (carpet torn a bit, bathroom showing some rust around the drain) but it was clean.

There was some slight confusion at check-in, but the man at the front desk was very polite and helpful, and we were upgraded to a suite for the inconvenience. The grounds were nice. It was too chilly to use the outdoor pool, but it looked nice!

Good location-close to food, coffee, and the national park. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Morenci
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The experience was good the staff was great the breakfast was good the locatio great rite in the middle of town

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Texas
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I made my reservation on the internet, asking for an accessible room and extra pillows. Because I was traveling east to west, I chose this hotel because it was called Ramada East. Unfortunately, the hotel ended up being 12 miles off Interstate 10. But, once I arrived and checked in, I was glad that I chose this hotel.
Things were a bit hectic at the desk when I checked in as their computer system was down. It was a good thing I had my confirmation e-mail on my cell phone, so they got the information they needed from there. I got checked in, gathered my things from my car and made my way to the room. Unfortunately I could not get my room card to open the door, so I called the front desk and the clerk came to try to get me in. The next quirky thing that happened is that he discovered that the battery that operates the door lock had gone dead, so he gave me an upgraded room for my inconvenience, which was nice of him.
The room was very clean and spacious, and the bed was quite comfortable. I was very surprised at all of the food that was available at breakfast; scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, assorted breads and pastries... it was almost like getting breakfast at a restaurant! I was very impressed with the available food. The only drawback of the experience was the person running the breakfast area. The coffee containers were set on a rack pretty high up, with a backup container on a higher shelf behind. I tried to get coffee from the lower container but it was empty. I mentioned this to the person working there, and instead of removing the empty container and replacing it with the other one, he told me to just reach up and get my coffee from the higher container that was behind the empty one. Now, usually I know this would be much to do about nothing, but in my case I have a bad back and suffer with chronic pain, so reaching up and over to get my coffee was quite painful for me. I thought it was very rude for the man not to switch the containers. Even after I got my coffee, I noticed that a shorter woman had a very difficult time trying to get her coffee also. This could have easily been avoided, which is sad because it ruined the very positive experience I had up until then.
Would I stay at a Ramada Inn again, yes definitely. Would I stay at the East Tucson Ramada Inn again? Even with the 12 mile drive off the freeway, the computer outage, the door lock battery being dead? Yes, I would because of the outstanding service I got from the desk clerk, but I would be a little leery of the breakfast staff....

Room Tip: Their accessible rooms seem to go pretty quickly, so be sure to book them early if possible.