“U of A Family weekend”

Sonesta ES Suites Tucson
Ranked #46 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great place to stay. We had a studio room. 3 people. Perfect for our one night's stay......would be a little small for longer. The only disappointment were the gas grills. They were either missing the buttons to turn on the gas or the labels on the knobs were gone to know which one would light the burners. Improvised on the stove in our room....maybe call to see if they are working before you plan your menu. The hot tub was great.....the bathroom was huge with 2 closets. Bed was comfortable. Staff friendly. It is about 6 miles from U of A, but this worked out fine for us.

Room Tip: We had a room right next to the lobby and pool. It was very quiet in the evening and a super short...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank h0wardfam
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

H0wardfam,
Thank you so much for your comments. Our Studio is a great room, we do have a larger room to accommodate bigger groups or longer stays. Our Penthouse Suite has a loft that has a separate bedroom and bathroom. I am sorry to hear you had some trouble with the grills. We have two grills out by the gazebo and both are operational. Please let us know if you have any trouble with them and we can come right out and take a look.

We hope to see you again when you travel to Tucson. Go Wildcats!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

From upper management to day, evening and all staff members could not have experienced better service or hospitality. I became a "Residence Inn Family Member" when they snuck a card signed by staff and gift into my room when I was out at Red Lobster Restaurant (great place too) for my actual birthday day luncheon.

Amenities are great. Do google this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay that offers extras. Before retiring I had worked 17 years in the hospitality industry in Tucson for an organization which represented hotels, restaurants, attractions, etc. so I can honestly say all of the above is true.

Room Tip: Try the penthouse. Two stories. Two bedrooms, Two bathrooms. Full kitchen with utensils, plates, st...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen T
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Karen T,
It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us. We really enjoyed being able to surprise you on your birthday! We so much look forward to seeing you again. I have passed on your comments to my team, and I know how much they enjoyed surprising you too!
Juanita Foley

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We arranged to use a room at Residence Inn Speedway for a family dinner and the staff could not have been more helpful. They helped us make arrangements; made sure everything worked for us; kept checking to see if we had everything we needed, and were very pleasant to our guests.

The entire staff was very friendly and accommodating; made sure we had everything we needed. The rooms were clean and well equipped. Maid service was efficient and thorough.

Our kids loved the breakfasts; couldn't wake up quickly enough to get there.

Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: We were in a building right behind the registration lobby. Great for kids to walk over to breakfast...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Jean H,
Thank you so much. We enjoyed hosting your family. Come back and see us again soon. We will have breakfast ready and waiting for the kids!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stay often in Tucson, and just for a change, we spent two nights at a Marriott Residence Inn on Speedway. Two somewhat negative first, because we had a very enjoyable stay. First off, location is a bit "out of the way". It's a haul to I-10. Second, and the location of our room was away from all this, but the buildings/rooms near Speedway Blvd., have to be very noisy. If you stay, ask for a room in the back, and "facing" the back. Not a sound. The pool was extremely clean ... surprisingly so, although there weren't a bunch of people using it. The grounds were very well kept. The rooms were the very typical Residence Inn ... meaning more space than most typical hotel rooms. We had a "penthouse", which is a two-bedroom, two-bath suite that has the 2nd bedroom/bath in the loft. There is all kinds of room. Not a shocking thing with Marriott, but always pleasant to experience, the staff was extremely cordial and professional. People would make eye contact with you, greet you, just a group that seemed to enjoy not only one another, but serving their guests. The location was the big turn-off for us ... but there's a good chance that we'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a back building ... then get the backside of that building. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BubbaAZ1

BubbaAZ1,
Thank you for your comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are so conveniently located for so many of Tucson's wonderful attractions and activities. Once you get to us from I-10, you are at the center of so many things. I am thrilled to hear that our staff took such great care of you. We truly do enjoy what we do here and love our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have stayed in Marriot residence inn on speedway for 4 weeks and this place has awsome friendly staffs. They have very good food for breakfast and free food in the evening with beer, wine, pops and different kind of juice. I and my group of people didnt get a chance to have that service however the hotel staffs were waiting for us to have that service. Just like your family waiting for you to have supper together! It was very nice of them. I've never had this kind of service And also have very good house keeping staffs to keep your room very clean and tidy! !

They have a good size of pool, hot tub tennis court, basketball court and a big size family bbq place.

Now, here I am back to tucson for another month to stay with same group of people at the same place because we loved the experience of staying in Marriot hotel residence inn on speedway!! Definitely recommend it! lol

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank jacob bjy17
Matt S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Jacob BJY 17:

Thank you so much for the nice comments about our hotel and the staff. We always try to accommodate our guest needs and I am glad to hear that we have gone above and beyond your expectations. I am happy our staff made arrangements to keep the social hour going long enough for your group to have an opportunity to eat and made you feel like a part of the family. Extended stay guests, like yourself, are so important to us and I am so happy to hear that you are currently staying with us again. If you need anything during your stay, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We got one of the "penthouse" rooms (upstairs/downstairs) The lobby and hotel it self are very old and don't look that nice from the outside, but the room itself was updated and very clean. Everything worked fine and was a very nice stay. The breakfast area was crowded, but I think it was at full capacity due to basketball tournaments. The pool was nice enough, it had an outside basketball hoop which my kids used and a very small gym that I didn't find until the last day so I didn't use it. There are quite a few fast food restaurants around, the neighborhood itself seems very old, but we felt safe enough there. It was not close to the sporting arena where my kids played, I'm not sure what it was close to or why anyone would even travel to Tucson, but if I had to stay in that area for some reason again, this hotel was quite nice for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear TLY:

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. I am so happy to hear about your positive experience at our hotel. Our Penthouse Suites are very popular with families and I am glad that you enjoyed the accommodations. It is nice to hear that your family was able to take advantage of the pool and sport court. I apologize that we did not inform you of our gym facility, and I would also like to let you know that we have an agreement with a full service gym about a half mile from here that our guests are able to use free of charge. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out a review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

They have very good breakfast. Beside the regular eggs, bacon, juice ... they have egg and bacon wraps and sandwich.

They have someone serving wine and beer at the happy hour. It is like going to a restaurant and someone comes around and fill your glasses. I tipped her and we are both happy

Pros:
Good location
Friendly staff
Fast Internet
great breakfast
Good happy hour with beer and wine

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Matt S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Tom Y,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It sounds like you really enjoyed our breakfast and social hour and I will make sure the hospitality department staff hears about your great experience. It is always nice to receive nice comments about the hotel and staff, since we take a lot of pride in giving service that goes beyond the expectations of our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us. Regards,