“Comfy place to stay”

Sonesta ES Suites Tucson
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at this property recently for graduation week at the University of Arizona. The place is quiet and well kept. The breakfast is quite basic but since we were eating out a lot it certainly fit the bill. The staff was very helpful and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for suites on the east side of the property since it is away from the street and very quiet. The...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Scrippsmater,
Thankyou for your comments. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I recently stayed here for three nights and enjoyed my time at this hotel. I stay at the Marriott brand hotels when I can and this one didn't disappoint. The pool was outside and very relaxing, as well as the fitness room was sufficient. The nights I stayed there they had dinner and even though I already ate I was allowed to take snacks back to my room, along with some wine, which was free! Breakfast was really good too and had a wide variety from potatoes, to eggs, and meat. The staff was also nice and answered any questions I had with a smile. The only drawback was I chose an upstairs room and had a forty pound suitcase. It was hard to maneuver up the stairs but the trade off was my room was VERY quiet. I used the laundry bag to take items down in two trips, which lessened the possibility of tripping down the stairs. I would definitely choose this hotel again!

Room Tip: Choose upper floor if traveling light.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Kee_12,
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know when you stay with us again, we would be delighted to help you with your luggage up the stairs.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Typical Residence Inn, which in my book is just fine. Good location, easy to get to, close to restaurants/shopping/etc. Comfortable. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Nice social hour with beer/snacks. Good breakfast selection.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Jim G,
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our Social hour Tues-Thursday is one of our favorite guest events. We are thrilled you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here for multi-night stays on two occasions in the first half of 2014 while in Tucson for my daughters' swim meets. A lot of the other families (including the Joneses) lodged in hotels much closer to the meet sites, but we are budget conscious, and the price here was worth the extra drive. We always love the complimentary breakfast at Residence Inn too.

Sure, this property is a little outdated and out og the way, but it's clean, comfortable and safe. Best of all, we like being able to back the car up to just a few feet from the room for unloading and loading our stuff.

Looking for something COOL to do with half a day in Tucson? Take a drive up the Catalina Highway to the top of Mount Lemmon. It's about 30 miles one way from the hotel but you'll climb to over 8,000 feet elevation. You'll think you ended up in Colorado. There are dozens of places to stop and see the sights or just rest. Bring a picnic lunch or plan to hit one of the eateries in the town of Summerhaven near the top of the road.

Restaurant recommendation: for lunch or dinner, walk next door to Breeze inside the Radisson hotel. Great menu and service.

To management: glad to hear you're upgrading the beds. Other than please keep the homey vibe of this gem hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank campfiar
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Campfair,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We love the charm that this hotel has and we are so glad that you do too. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed 2 separate nights in 2 different 2-story rooms. I think all rooms of this kind are in the back of the property, so they are all quiet. Besides, "master bedroom" could be almost completely isolated with the doors closed. The pool was clean, warm, the staff smiling, breakfast was the best we've had so far in Marriott's chain/Hamptons/Holiday Inns/Best Westerns, yummy potatoes, chocolate chips, strawberries and whipped cream for the waffles, granola and blueberries for the yogurt in addition to the regulars. Very happy with the price, too. If we are in Tuscon again, will not even look for any other accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NPBeginner
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear NPBeginner,
Thank you so much for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Went there during Spring Break as there we a lot of college kids there. This is your typical older Residence Inn that needs to take some time and rework some of the rooms. I love my wife to death, but to always meet in the middle of the bed because it is worn out just is not romantic. The sleeper sofa was hardly more comfortable.

In order to get some sleep because of a bad back, I slept on one of the pool chaise lounges that I pulled into the room. It was better than either of the beds.

I am sorry to say that with the prices some of these places charge, the furnishings should be new every year. Definitely not where I will stay next time.

Room Tip: If you want a good nights sleep, stay away from the rooms facing Speedway Blvd. It is a very busy s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank oldnavy2001
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

OldNavy2001,
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. We are working to replace the beds that are becoming too soft. I am positive that your next stay with us will be wonderful. Please try us again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Totally pleased with my 5 night stay at the Residence Inn. The staff are helpful and friendly. The property is very well maintained and managed. I stayed in the "Double Queen", which has 2 private sleeping areas, one is a 2nd story loft. Each have their own bath. A comfortably appointed full kitchen and living room. The free breakfast and coffee were fine. Had breakfast there each morning. A wide selection of foods available with fresh coffee, juice, etc. as well. They also have a "meet & greet gathering several evenings,which was nice as well. Beer, wine and snacks were served. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor, in the building by the pool, and Speedway. It was quiet, so I'd imag...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tamara-Hilo

Dear Tamara-Hilo,
Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Come back and see us again real soon.