“Good for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Boston, United Kingdom
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

Cannot fault this motel for the price. Large clean rooms, friendly staff ample parking, we have paid a lot more for a lot worse. Not the most scenic location but my wife felt safe at all times and couldn't fault the housekeeping would stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bwss42

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

Affordable with microwave and refrigerator in the room. No frills, but clean and comfortable. Pet Friendly with refundable pet fee.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago,Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2009

Very pleasant four day stay during the popular Gem Show. Older hotel but very clean! Refrigerator in room. Free coffee in lobby, Breakfast in lobby included sweet rolls, juice, yogurt, donuts. Free internet in lobby also.

• Stayed February 2009
1 Thank Wombat999
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2008

Just moved to the city, and we needed a place to stay until we found an apartment with our 2 cats. Their rates were the best and I called their direct line, spoke to a very nice rep who answered all of my questions and booked the trip online. The hotel is not amazing to look at inside or out, but what can you expect for a low price? Location was alright; not centrally located, but right off of I-10 (which is probably why truckers are one of their main sources of revenue). While their reps in person weren't as friendly as i would have expected (there was just something off...maybe it was a bad day...we all have them), they respected our wishes to not have anyone come in to clean daily (i was nervous about the cats escaping), which we greatly appreciated. We felt secure in our rooms, which were a standard size for double beds. All in all, if i were looking for an affordable hotel to stay in Tucson when i didn't need to be in the heart of the city daily, i would look into them again.

• Liked — That the hotel staff did not disturb us while in or out of our room.
  • Disliked — Location and appearance.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank NYC2TUC
Tuscon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2008

I was looking for a clean safe room where I could stay for several days while looking for an apartment. Although the site was under renovation, I was given a newly finished clean room. Since I had a dog with me I was delighted they would accept her. The place was relatively quiet although the room was on the highway. Compared with other rooms that I had stayed in for the price, I considered this one exceptional.

True there were no chain locks on the doors, but my room was just above the office, so I did feel safe enough. Coffee was always available, although the advertised continental breakfast was missing or scant. I believe there were doughnuts available only one of the several days I stayed there. The main disadvantage I saw was lack of a restaurant within walking distance, although I did try one terrible one across the very busy main thoroughfare in front of the hotel.

I would stay there again if the standards are maintained.

Stayed January 2008
2 Thank desert1diva
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2007

My company put me here for 3 nights and I was not thrilled with this place. Negatives: I did not feel completely safe, all the rooms face outward to the parking lot and there are no chains on the doors. Rooms are somewhat dreary, no hair dryers, or iron\ironing board in the room. Positives: The staff was relatively friendly, there was wireless internet from my room (which was just above the office) and a computer and printer in the lobby for free usage. It is very close to I-10, a 10 minute drive from the Airport and some restaurants nearby. Decent swimming pool. The free breakfast was doughnuts, coffee and orange juice, which they did have plenty of. Although some positives, I would not stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no chains on doors, they faced outward, lack of security.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank wolfeee99