“FAMILY SURPRISE”

El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 22 January 2014

As a whole, I would rate this location close to excellent. However, our trip did not include the beautiful golf course or tennis facilities so I can give no opinion in that aspect. The private dining room upstairs had a beautiful view and our surprise 80th Birthday Party was a huge success thanks to the personable staff. The salmon, beef AND chicken were cooked and served perfectly! The concierge, security, and other staff were very helpful and attentive. It was nice to be able to use the mini bar (locked) for refrigerating the baby's food since there are no refrigerators otherwise.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for celebrating such a wonderful family 80th birthday with us! We are happy that you had a special event, and thank you for your kind words about our attentive staff.

We will hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,110)

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Found an excellent rate on internet for three; plenty of parking; hotel and grounds in wonderful condition; a golfers and tennis players paradise with 45 holes of golf and 31 lighted tennis courts plus great practice area for golf. Fee rate for 18 holes of golf incl cart very manageable. While dining is excellent meal price on the high side.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your golf vacation, and I am sure you enjoyed the beautiful weather. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

This facility in Oro Valley is beautiful and very clean. The employees, while friendly, are not in evidence enough, and are poorly trained in customer service. There was no one to greet me as I arrived, my reservation is not there, and my bill was incorrect when I checked out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hiltonelcon, Director of Operations at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

I apologize for your experience as that is not the impression we like to leave with our guests. I would like to discuss this in further detail, please contact me direct at 520-544-1102, or you can contact our Front Office Director at 520-544-1189. Thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to speaking with you.

Michael Hammer
Director of Operations

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I am a federal government employee with Customs and Border Protection and work as the adjutant to the Director of Field Operations in Tucson. The field office is currently transitioning from a temporary director to a permanent one. During this transition, I am responsible for providing accommodations (housing, flights, etc.) for the temporary director. I recently made reservations with your hotel for a two week stay from February 1st - February 15th at the government rate with no issues. A couple of days later, I found out through another federal employee that the hotel has a daily resort fee. I was never made aware of this fee during my initial reservation. Today, at approximately 0900 hours, I called reservations to see if they could waive the resort fee because the government cannot pay for this, and was told that they "COULD NOT." I asked the female I spoke with to transfer me to her supervisor and she placed me on hold for about about five minutes. When she returned, she stated her supervisor could not waive the fee either. I never spoke with a supervisor, and it overall sounded like it was a take it or leave it type of attitude. I kindly asked her to cancel my initial reservation and told her that I would take my business elsewhere.

As an agency within the government that deals with tourism and commerce for the state of Arizona (by allowing tourists from all over the world to enter the United States), I feel this hotel finds it unimportant to welcome high level government officials. I personally live in Tucson and would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Veronica L
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments. We’re very sorry that your reservations experience did not go well. We also understand your concerns about our pricing policy and will take your thoughts into consideration as we plan our future pricing strategies. We are very proud of the government military community that resides in Tucson and our region, and that regularly travel to our region. Every month we have hundreds of honored guests from the government military community who stay in our property. Many are repeat guests who have been staying at Hilton El Conquistador for years. We have always strived to maintain extremely competitive pricing for our government/military guests. As such, our rates are some of the lowest that we offer any of our guests, and are extremely competitive with most other Arizona resorts, and the majority of resorts in the greater Tucson region. We also work to maintain availability of those rates as much of the time as is possible. We appreciate government/military business and work hard to earn it. We hope we will have an opportunity to be of service in the future, as we feel certain you’ll appreciate the value we offer.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This place is our one of the three most favorite places to stay. It is located right under the Tucson mountains, so if you love sunrises, you do not want to miss seeing the sun appearing from the top of the mountains. Watching sunsets over the mountains is also another experience you do not want to miss. The pool, tub and it's location is perfect. It also has a great location for outside weddings that face the desert (wow).

Room Tip: If you need extra room, choose casitas (away from the pool). I stayed at this hotel four times, so...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ilps19
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your posting about your recent stay; I am pleased to hear that the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador is one of your favorite places to stay! You really can't beat our spectacular mountain views, and Arizona sunrises are simply amazing. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had an amazing January 2014 stay at this Hotel! We liked it so much upon check in we added 2 more days that evening - And we hadn't even seen our room yet when we were considering staying 2 extra nights - all because when We checked in with Malory Kulczewski at the front Desk and she was wonderful!! She was kind and friendly and very helpful upon check in! The young men at the bell stand were prompt, friendly and quick to respond to our needs. We brought our 7 year or and 9 year old with us. They enjoyed the heated pool and the tennis courts! It's just a lovely lovely place to stay.. I honestly didn't want to leave! The entire staff was friendly!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a view of the mountains... it's heavenly!
1  Thank gisellesharpe

Thank you for your kind words, and sharing your arrival experience; please know that I will personally recognize Malory. I am happy to hear your family enjoyed their stay, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had two families sharing adjoining rooms, one of which was a lovely suite with a kitchen, dining area and fireplace, the other a two-bed standard room. Best of all, the resort gladly welcomed our dog ($50 fee per stay). It was the perfect set-up for us and was located in the casita area of the resort. I love the casita section but be prepared to walk a fair distance to your room. Overall, the resort was beautifully landscaped and the interiors were all decorated nicely. Reasonably priced and great toiletries!

Room Tip: Casitas are great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sightseeratheart

The casita with the connecting suite is a great place to stay when traveling with your family and pets. The extra living space is definitely a plus for families, and having a grassy area just steps from your patio is convenient for our guests who bring their pets. We are please that your entire family enjoyed their stay and we hope to welcome you back soon.