“Nicely appointed and friendly staff.”

Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Our stay was enjoyable. The rooms were clean, spacious and quiet. The staff was courteous and friendly especially the restaurant servers. The restaurant food was delicious and there is a nice lounge area off the main lobby to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. I felt the only con was that it was a fair distance out of town so to get anywhere definitely required transportation. The spa is really only set up for massages, but was still nice. Great golf and tennis resort, but better spas in the area. Overall though it was a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms would be just fine location wise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay, and visit to the Desert Southwest. Nestled at the base of the breathtaking Santa Catalina mountains our guests enjoy a truly spectacular setting to relax, and take in the natural beauty that surrounds the Resort.
We do recommend renting a car for guests who wish to venture off-site to take in some of the wonderful activities that Tucson has to offer. Our Concierge team is always delighted to assist with all the details. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Thank you for your review.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just spent the weekend at the Hilton El Conquistador Tucson. It was great! We used early check in since we arrived early Friday for a conference. Well worth the $25 extra. We were in a Casita at first but didn't care for the location due to lack of views, and wow, does this property have views!! The staff moved us immediately to a room that had the Amazing pool and mountain view.
Our room was decorated nicely but the carpet and furniture looked tired. The hallways also had old looking carpets. We found the main pool to be pleasant but the spa needed work. The tiles were faded and the area was not very clean. With a bit of updating, I would be able to rate it a 5.Once again, let me mention the mountain view. It is beautiful!! Try to get a room looking at it. The grounds are also very pretty with flowers everywhere! I will return for sure. Thanks to all the staff who went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable!

Room Tip: If you want a really large space, ask for a Casita. If you want a beautiful mountain view, stay in...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, and kind words about our staff. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay, the beautiful mountain views, and desert flowers.
We will look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

It was the wish to thank the staff for their exceptional service that compelled me to write my first review. I recently stayed 5 nights for a conference. The staff at this hotel are outstanding. Not only are they friendly, courteous, and attentive, they strive to anticipate your needs and make you feel welcome and valued. I want to give a shout out of special thanks to Mary of the Conquistador Lounge. She spins straw into gold with her dedication to excellence. She transformed the routine experience of take out orders into a truly wonderful dining experience. The flexibility of takeout allowed this traveler to enjoy the incredible lunches from the Sundance Cafe later in the day (the spinach salad with grilled salmon made my day!), making room for long walks among the saguaro in the adjacent national park.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our staff. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We live in Oro Valley and put my in-laws up at El Conquistadore for a night. They were put in a room that had not yet been remodeled in many many years. The worst part is that when they went to use the bathroom the floor had a crusty yellow substance (urine). They called the front desk and housekeeping spent 30 minutes sanitizing the bathroom. No apology .......nothing! My parents and I had no idea some rooms were updated and some were not. We had no idea some were very old.

Rene, the kid up front, was the best person at the hotel. Very friendly and doing the job of two.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank I_love_seafood_13
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Please accept my sincere apology for your recent experience at the Resort. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further. Please contact me direct at 520-544-1100 or email: lynn.ericksen@hilton.com.

I look forward to speaking with you soon, and look forward to the opportunity to make this right.

Lynn Ericksen

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I recently spent 5 nights here for a conference. First and foremost, I must say excellent customer service by all the staff. The rooms were large and each has a small deck and is located at the base of the Catalina Mountains. When I mention expansive it can be good or bad, my room was in Building 1 so was very convenient. Several friends were staying in different buildings which were not so convenient and took longer to get to and from. There were other rooms separate from the main buildings, near the ACACIA Spa Pool - these were very private and had access to the pool and hot tubs (away from the main buildings pool area) so very few people. They have golf carts to bring you to and from the main building (and you didn't wait long once you called). The restaurant Epazote was very good, excellent menu and good prices. I would highly recommend but rent a car.

Room Tip: I would stay in Building 1 for convenience or near the Acacia pool for privacy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your kind words about our staff. I am pleased that you were able to dine in Epazote, and will share your comments with our culinary team. We will look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Me and my buddy stayed and played on three great courses on an all you can golf package. Second year on this trip. Great all around getaway from winter. Resort is beautiful and staff couldn't be better and the country club has 36 holes that will rely test your game.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are pleased that you had an enjoyable golf vacation for the second year in a row. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, and we will look forward to welcoming you again next year!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Was attending a conference at the hotel. A beautiful spot with gorgeous views. Rooms were roomy and clean. The staff were very nice and helpful thought out. Room service took and exceptionally long time (over an hour the night I arrived) but was good and hot when it did. Only one restaurant open in the evening and with a large conference there it was impossible to get in most nights, hence the need for room service as the pool food service ends at 5pm.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with our food & beverage team, and am sorry you were unable to dine in Epazote during your stay. I hope that you will return for a leisure stay, and will be able to enjoy not only the beautiful weather, but all the amenities we have to offer.