Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
Ranked #15 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
North Carolina
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Husband and I stayed here for a short staycation in early June 2014. We had a junior suite. That's where the room includes a small living area with a couch, two leather chairs and coffee table, as well as a small kitchen area. I liked the size of the room, the walk-in closet and the large bathroom. We were on the 2nd floor facing the pool even tho I had requested a room facing the mountains. However, we realized after we arrived in the room that we couldn't even see the pool and the room was quiet enough for us.

The bed was firm and comfortable but the pillows were a little too soft for us. Loved the bathroom amenities too. It was a very comfortable and relaxing room.

The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the distance to the main building where the front desk, shops and restaurants were. It's just way too hot to be walking outside this time of year. You just have to walk thru the buildings to get away from the heat. We were in Bldg 3 and parking was not close by.

The front desk staff, concierge and hotel staff members were always helpful and polite. They seemed to be interested in making sure we had a nice stay. Housekeeping also cleaned our room early and always left it smelling fresh.

We came to the Hilton El Conquistador to relax, sleep in and have a stress-free few days. The staff helped us do that. We also enjoyed massages at the spa and ate all our meals at the hotel restaurants. We'll probably do this again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed staying in our junior suite. We are pleased that you had a relaxing stress free getaway, and that you enjoyed dining in our restaurants. We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton El Conquistador, and please contact us prior to your stay, and we will try to accommodate your request for a junior suite closer to the lobby.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel (resort as they say) for 6 days at the end of January, 2014. It is nice, but the building we were in was starting to look out of date and is due for remodeling or updates of some kind. We did not have Hilton Honors points to spend and this turned out to be an expensive situation. I thought that the meals were expensive, although the food was good and service was good. On our last day we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Our bill was $42 for 2 breakfasts of basic eggs and side dish plus coffee for me and orange juice for my wife. I noticed that the couple sitting across the aisle from us had a similar breakfast so I wondered what they paid. Then: I heard the husband say that, after applying his points, he only had to pay $17.00 for breakfast. I felt foolish for having paid more than twice as much as he, but that's how these points work: If you don't have points, you are paying extra in order to pay for the "money saved" by people who do have points.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay earlier this year. I am pleased that you enjoyed both the food and the service in our restaurants. I am sorry you felt that our breakfast pricing was expensive, however you will find that in our pricing is competitive with other resorts in the area. We appreciate your feedback, as we frequently evaluate our menu offerings and pricing. Rest assured that I will share your feedback with our food and beverage management team as there are always opportunities to improve.

Just to clarify about the Hilton HHonors program, HHonors members can enjoy benefits such as complimentary space-available upgrades, breakfast and high-speed internet access. The more you stay, the better the benefits get. Membership is free, and you can sign up at any Hilton Worldwide property or visiting the Hilton HHonors website.

We look forward to serving you again in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Resorts are known.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here for business and found the basic room to be quite sizable compared to many places I have stayed. It was clean and the staff was always helpful and friendly. I received a special rate as part of our conference so I cannot speak to the value for a regular stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your business travel, and hope that we can welcome you back again for business or pleasure.
Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed 1 night for Father's Day and was thoroughly impressed by the kid activities they offered and the amazing pools! The pictures on their website don't do it justice! The slide in the rocks is awesome and there is a separate toddler area with a 'waterfall' and splash pad and the pool is only 1.5 ft deep.

Room Tip: We faced the pool, which about half of the rooms do. The 1st floor doesn't have a patio wall.
2 Thank ArizonaTLC
Thank you for your recent review and spending the Father's Day holiday with us. I am delighted that your family enjoyed the slide and kiddie pool. We have a great line-up for summer fun with our "Conquer the Summer" savings passport. Family activities will run through the Labor Day weekend. We hope that we will welcome you back again soon!
Tucson, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The attendants at the pool are not there to help you! Our family was told we had to walk to the bar and order for ourselves. If you want a vacation in Tucson with exceptional service I would suggest looking elsewhere. If you want to go somewhere where the staff leaves you be, this is the place for you! As for the rooms, of the four adults, three woke with sore necks from the pillows and the beds.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your recent experience as it relates to your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for your disappointment and the lack of service you experienced at the pool. I have addressed this issue with the department director to ensure that any re-training takes place. We appreciate your feedback as it is feedback such as yours that enables us to focus on opportunities for improvements. We look forward to welcoming you back in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Resorts are known.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is probably my 15th stay at "El Con". The room isn't over the top, but is very comfortable, quiet and the linens, mattress, pillows etc. are great quality. Love the pool, the gym and especially the tennis. My children love to stay here!

1 Thank Russ P
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that your family enjoys our tennis facilities, and staying at our resort.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Laporte
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was by far one of the best stops on our trip. I was able to get a room in building 4 and the view of the mountain was so beautiful. My husband and I relaxed under a palm tree close to the pool and just stared at the view.The room was nice and large and the beds were very comfortable and best of all the air conditioning was nice and cool .We had dinner at the restaurant and it was very good and as it got dark the lights, fire pits and palm trees felt like I was at some exotic resort.

Room Tip: Stay in building 4 for the best view. Do not get a casita they are too far away and the breakfast is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed relaxing in the pool courtyard; the views of the Pusch Ridge Mountains are incredible! I am glad you had an opportunity to dine in our signature restaurant Epazote Kitchen & Cocktails.
We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.