We booked a room several weeks ago for the fourth of July event and planned on having a great time as we have for many years at this resort. When we checked in we found out that you now have to pay another high fee to see the fireworks from the grass area, where we have sat for many years. We chose not to do this and sat in front of the lobby with many others sharing the same problem. After you have paid this much for a room why should you have to pay extra to sit on grass??
The late afternoon of the fourth we spent at the very crowded pool/water slide. We purchased drinks and lemonade for the kids at the pool bar. The lemonade was seriously bad, smelled bad, tasted bad - like sewer water. When we took it back to the poolside bar we were told, "everyone is complaining about it, just get something else". Being very concerned about the health issue of this I went to the front desk and asked for the highest level manager I could get. I got the food manager who said he was sorry and would look into it. We went back an hour later and asked for lemonade and got exactly the same bad smelling, bad tasting lemonade (which I kept so that I can show it to the Pima County Health Department when I complained to them).
We gave up on refreshments for the kids and moved on with the evening. Had the fireworks, sat in front of the lobby, checked out the next morning. And guess what, we paid the full bill for the drinks at the pool bar. No reduction, no we're sorry for your experience, nothing.
We have stayed at this resort for years. Between our disgusting experience and that of friends who stayed the same weekend, we are done and will go elsewhere even if it costs more or is farther away. They have a serious management and customer satisfaction problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 acres of serene, colorful high Sonoran Desert terrain in the foothills of the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains, the full-service Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort offers a magnificent setting, minutes from Tucson's renowned entertainment. Come experience the rare wonders of our AAA Four Diamond retreat, where plush amenities and superior service combine for an unrivaled experience, no matter what the occasion might be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Hotel Tucson
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf And Tennis Resort
- Hilton Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Hilton
- El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort Arizona