“Not the place for a solo female traveler”
Review of Stone Inn

Stone Inn
Ranked #97 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had read the most recent reviews about this place and felt that even if it was a low-budget hotel, I could handle it for one night. Boy was I wrong! From the minute I pulled in (broad daylight), I didn't feel safe. The people walking through the parking lot and down the sidewalk were sketchy and the gang tags on the dumpster behind the motel didn't help at all. I asked for a room on the 2nd floor and the room itself seemed ok (king bed). I worried about staying there by myself but figured I could tough it out for just 6 hours of sleep. However, after returning late that night to find a group of men hanging out in the parking lot smoking (just cigarettes?), I decided I just couldn't stay there. Since I had already paid for the room, my male friend offered to stay there while I stayed in his apartment. He said the bed was comfortable and didn't get woken up by any noises from neighbors or outside things. He also liked that the curtains kept out the morning sun so he could sleep in. The water pressure in the shower was low in his opinion and the carpet had lumps underneath like they had carpeted overtop junk. Next time I visit Tucson I will gladly pay double for a nicer hotel far from the freeway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Anna O

Reviewed 24 April 2013

this hotel is not bad for the price, it was clean and quiet, close to downtown, not bad
the water pressure in the shower was not good but hey,,,whatever. It was close to the downtown and university area. The miniature museum was kinda far but well worth it.

Room Tip: we stayed in the bottom floor and had no issues so,, i guess first floor, that way you can park your...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We stayed here during the Tucson Festival of Books and the room was fine. It is obviously an older motel that has been updated to be a Rodeway Inn but everything seemed to work fine. The king size bed we had was perfectly comfortable. One issue we had with the room is the amount of power outlets in the room. I had to unplug the microwave to charge my phone. Overall a decent nights rest.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This is a bare-bones but clean hotel. Be sure to bring your own hair dryer. Other than having scratchy towels, this hotel gives you what you need: a comfortable bed, even with better pillows than the Quality Inn & Suites that we stayed in the night before. There's only coffee in the morning and alas the ice machines were either out of ice or just not working. But in Tucson, where the hotel rates generally were on the high side, we were grateful to find this Rodeway at a decent rate.

Room Tip: There is some amount of road noise since this hotel is close to the highway so ask for a room on a q...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoRoadie
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We used this hotel because it allowed pets (cat). The staff were friendly and the room clean. It is your basic motel but it was perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. It is close to the University and not far off the freeway. Based upon our experience, we would use it again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John M
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This hotel is run by nice friendly staff, reasonable value for money and is about a 25 minute walk to fourth avenue where the bars and restaurants are. The hotel was very clean and the stay was pleasant. This hotel is located around lots of similar hotels and lodges. My advice is book the cheapest as they all appear to be very similar.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2012

There are other motels, like Quality Inn, nearby, but I didn't know that,so I booked this one. It is an older motel, adequate in the sense that one gets the basics, plus free internet (a bit slow),table and chairs, a fridge, a microwave, but no coffee maker. The continental breakfast is minimal: orange juice, coffee (regular), packaged muffins, danish, and bearclaws. You have to take the breakfast to your room as the lobby is small with no tables. There are no trays, but they will give you a box that acts like a tray. The best part is that, if you are visiting Pima Community College for an event, it is right across the street so you can walk there and leave your car in the motel parking lot. Also, there is no elevator to the second floor.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business