We wanted a downtown hotel that wasnt a plain chain. This one has nice grounds, a good pool for relaxing, and nice old adobe rooms.
One downside is that the oldest adobe room areas mean that wi-fi is unreliable -- plan to go to the lobby to get online.
Fireplace was nice touch as it was easy on gas style.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge on the Desert is a Tucson classic and guests experience the authenticity of the Old Pueblo blended with the modern southwest charm that has evolved throughout the Lodge's storied 80 years. This 100-room boutique hotel is situated on five acres in mid-town Tucson, AZ and appeals to leisure and business travelers alike. Plus with event spaces for up to 175 guests, Lodge on the Desert is popular for small to mid-size meetings and intimate social gatherings. An Arizona landmark and Tucson tradition renowned for its intimate residential setting and genial hospitality, here guests discover pathways meandering among regal palms, native cacti and manicured lawns wrapped in ribbons of seasonal flowers. Charming hacienda-style accommodations afford guests a sanctuary in which to retreat and relax. It is truly Tucson's urban oasis. And considered by many to be the Old Pueblo's mid-town masterpiece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Lodge on the Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel Tucson
- Hotel On The Desert
- On The Desert Tucson
- Lodge On The Desert Tucson, Arizona