This is not your run-of-the-mill 'corporate' motel/hotel. Even though they are under contruction~an addition~ (at the time of this wiritng) it was still a great place to stay. First, the staff could not have been more accomodating. Each of the three gentlemen at the desk remembered us each time we walked through the lobby. One night we couldn't get a close parking spot and the night desk person (Manuel) gave up his spot to us! The room was large. It is clean, charming and a great mid-town (NOT downtown) location. The beds are very comfortable (all new) with soft sheets and 100% cotton duvets. The tv needed to be updated, but I'm sure that will happen once the remodeling is complete. The lodge has a charming feeling. You get the sense that most of the guests are returning visitors.
The pool is small, but cozy and very warm. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but the food looked wonderful.
We cannot say enough about Scott, Manuel and Josh. They were never too busy to help us and offer suggestions. Don't expect luxury and bellmen and room service. It isn't that type of place. It is a vintage Adobe type lodge, but it is clean. Expect to be treated great, have a comfortable room and a quiet stay. (Monday - Friday it is a little noisey with the construction, but it was still worth it!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge on the Desert is a Tucson classic and guests experience the authenticity of the Old Pueblo blended with the modern southwest charm that has evolved throughout the Lodge's storied 80 years. This 100-room boutique hotel is situated on five acres in mid-town Tucson, AZ and appeals to leisure and business travelers alike. Plus with event spaces for up to 175 guests, Lodge on the Desert is popular for small to mid-size meetings and intimate social gatherings. An Arizona landmark and Tucson tradition renowned for its intimate residential setting and genial hospitality, here guests discover pathways meandering among regal palms, native cacti and manicured lawns wrapped in ribbons of seasonal flowers. Charming hacienda-style accommodations afford guests a sanctuary in which to retreat and relax. It is truly Tucson's urban oasis. And considered by many to be the Old Pueblo's mid-town masterpiece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lodge on the Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel Tucson
- Hotel On The Desert
- On The Desert Tucson
- Lodge On The Desert Tucson, Arizona