“Anniversary Luncheon”

Lodge on the Desert
Ranked #19 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had planned an intimate anniversary lunch for fifteen guests. The food was superb and very fresh! Accolades to the chef because he lives up to his reputation!! Everyone enjoyed his/her meal. The individual dessert choices were delightful pieces of art made from real cream, butter, etc. and soooo delicious!

The staff did an excellent job-- courteously attentive while staying in the background. None of our guests wanted to leave so Jerica, the event planner (who is professional and accommodating) had some chocolate truffles brought out while our coffees and teas were being replenished.

Our luncheon took place on the terrace -- nice ambiance, shade, plants and a fountain. The cost of the quality event was very reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

In town for UofA Law College Graduation and this lovely place was just perfect. Great rooms, pet friendly, perfect location, and even though its in town, it is quiet has lots of southwest charm. We had a large group dine at the restaurant and had a wonderful dinner.

Room Tip: Our large party had 3 rooms and they were all clean, comfortable and very southwestern. Great little...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was riding my motorcycle from SC to CA and decided to take a day's break in Tucson. My daughter booked me into this hotel through Hotwire and it was incredible! My room, while in the older section, was comfortable and well appointed. The real find was the restaurant. The food, the wine selection, the ambiance and service were all incredible.
Overall, this is a first class resort and really made my next day's ride through the desert to LA doable. Next time I'm in Tucson, I'll be staying at The Lodge on the Desert.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 907Michael_S907
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Beautiful setting, landscaping, and room. Nothing like a king sized be with ice cold sheets! If only the guest next door didn't play loud hip hop music till 6;00 IN THE A.M.! Called about breakfast the next morning, said they were serving until 11:00. Sat down and no one would wait on us. My husband finally asked someone who said no more breakfast that brunch was getting ready to start (it was only 10:00). Busy weekend so waiting lines every other place we went so donuts for Mother's Day!

Room Tip: Avoid a room with East rising sun!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

• Tucson is not my favorite town so when I come its nice to be nestled right up against the Catalina foothills. However, these places are a bit of a drive and quite expensive. A good compromise is the Lodge on the Desert. It’s historic yet the rooms, both historic and new additions, are spacious and very well appointed. The beds were marvelously comfortable. However, the rooms are all different so if you are not happy with the room given, ask to see another. The staff is very helpful. Parking is free and the Lodge is conveniently located. The cactus gardens are lovely - and I hope they follow through with a plan to name some of the specimens. The pool and hot tub are well designed and maintained.. Don't miss the Happy Hour - 4-6. Great value on drinks and food!!!!
• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Room Tip: As all the rooms are different you may, if there is availability, look at more than one. Some have...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

last week i stayed one night at lodge on the desert ..before proceeeding to a house we rent ,,,,what a sumptuous oasis that is....gorgeous accomodations....first class service and meals......wow......so enjoyed it .....i had eaten there before,,,but never stayed....it is so lovely ....i wanted to stay ! every detail has been looked after at lodge on the desert......highly recommend them ........fabulous place.....

Room Tip: i was up on the second level i guess,,,,,,spectacular views....quiet.....big room !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Lodge is an legend in the Tucson. After many years of wanting to try this enigmatic grand dame, we spent a weekend there in January. It is lovely. It is cozy. The room was beautiful. The restaurant was outstanding. Unfortunately, during our stay my son became very ill. I was dumbfounded at the lack of support, empathy, or service effort anyone at the hotel was willing to provide to us out-of-towners during our crisis. I wasn't demanding anything, we just needed a little help. It was such a disappointment. I would have never expected it from this, of all, places.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wendy w
Frank R, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your kind words for our hotel. I also sincerely regret the circumstances regarding your son. I would appreciate your contacting me regarding this and allowing me the opportunity to look into it and get back to you. It is without question not consistent with the reputation our hotel is know for. We have assisted all of our guests requiring assistance in matters such as you describe and I would like to investigate this matter further. Again, thank you for your comments and I wish to speak with you regarding this.
Sincerely