Lodge on the Desert
US$66
US$55
US$560
US$75
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Pool
US$276
US$256
1,057 results
All reviewsgas fireplaceboutique hotelnewer roomsroom was largecactus gardensouthwestern stylesmall patiobeautiful groundswalk in showeron site restaurantpool and hot tubhappy hourmini fridgebed was very comfortabledowntown tucsoncatalina mountainsdesert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Rooms that have that chemical smell are really off putting. Not here it was just great. We were so pleased to find this tranquil spot. The room was large by most current standards, it was well appointed and had understated and soothing decor. The no smoking room really was no smoking. The bathroom was very large and exceptionally clean, thank you very much!

The room was quiet and the bed was very good. Morning coffee on our patio with the view of the mountains was perfect!

The front desk was very helpful.

It is do nice to see an independent small hotel with such attention to detail, a caring attitude, and with none of the formula rooms of bigger chain hotels. We had a lovely stay and recommend it highly.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jemada1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This little gem is located right smack dab in the middle of the all the hustle and bustle of Tucson. From first approach, I was getting nervous. My flight arrived during rush hour and by the time I reached the intersection that this hotel is located on, I started to panic. There was so much congestion! The traffic! The noise! I was too frustrated to reconsider any other options. I find the hotel which looked more like a fortress with its large pueblo-like walls surrounding the property. I pulled in to guest registration, opened the large wooden door and wow! It was as though the entire world just fell to the wayside. I was greeted quietly by a the pleasant representative and approach by guest services to help with my things. The grounds are just charming and my casita was clean and featured some beautiful custom tile work in the bathroom. No expense was spared. Wonderful high vaulted ceilings with beams, a bee hive fireplace, thirsty robes and towels. King size bed was comfortable. The walk from my room/casita to the the pool and/or restaurant (5 star dining in a casual setting) was enchanting. The landscaping attracted a variety of birds, butterflies and lizards. When laying out by the pool, I was stunned that I could actually fall asleep. I heard none of the traffic that I knew was just beyond those enormous fortress like walls. You can tell that the owner takes a great deal of pride in his/her property and the employees s/he has working there. Everyone was so helpful, gracious and professional. The only thing I was disappointed in was having to leave!

Room Tip: There are rooms located on the 'historic side' of the property. These rooms are old and charming but if would like to avoid gravel or uneven footing and need reliable wifi, I recommend requesting a room on the 'renovated' side of the property.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura L
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We staid there one night during our summer trip in the US. We felt pampered here.
The welcome was professional, and we loved our room.
It was huge, and the bed was huge as well, and ultra comfortable.
We had some rest in the afternoon in the room, as we had bad luck for the weather. It rained, otherwise we would have enjoyed the beautiful pool.
We felt very peaceful there, we would definitely return here if we ever go back to Tucson

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Lodge on the Desert itself is beautiful,well maintained,perfect location,and even though it's in town,it is quiet has lots of southwest charm.
The food was superb and very fresh. The wine selection,the ambiance and the service were all incredible.
Accolades to the Chef,he lives up to his reputation.

Room Tip: Ask to see room first.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PBurns66
Reviewed 25 May 2014

If you are looking for a new flashy hipster mega hotel look elsewhere. If you want a great low key-chill by the pool hotel with wonderful old school (AZ style) cool factor, this is your place. AWESOME happy hour.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank DrLD