Flamingo Suites
US$108
US$175
US$165
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$116
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$88
US$322
US$249
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$88
Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$290
US$259
Loews Hotels
US$201
US$98
US$325
US$317
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2010

This was the first time that I have encountered bedbugs in any hotel. I was bitten 10 or so times in the night... I've travelled throughout Central and South America and stayed at some pretty seedy hotels without having a similar terrible incident. However, I've now read on the web that bedbug infestations have increased dramatically within the US over the last 10 years or so.

The Flamingo Suites is no dive, and the room we stayed in had good access, a nice kitchen, was quiet, and the hotel grounds are beautifully landscaped. However, the rug was quite dirty (turned soles of bare feet almost black after taking only a few steps) and most notably the area under the headboard was filthy. The latter floor area was inspected while looking for crawling bedbugs; I pulled the bed away from the wall upon waking early in morning and after finding numerous bloodspots on white bedsheets.

I found 4 bedbugs in total - 3 on sheets and one one the wall below headboard. I was able to collect 3 of these parasites and deposited them in a tiny shampoo bottle. I gave the bottle with the insect parasites to hotel staff. I also showed the hotel staff the bloodspots on my sheets and also pointed out that similar bloodspots were evident on the sheets of my wife's bed (these blood stains remained after the sheets were washed) - though thankfully she was not attacked in the night. However, the telltale bloodspots on her sheets may be a sign that other rooms in this hotel may be infested with this human parasite.

Although the hotel staff assured me that the hotel's owner would call me to discuss this matter, he never did. I carry a pillow with me on trips, but decided to abandon it given the high probability that it would have eggs of bedbugs deposited on it.

That afternoon we departed Tucson and flew home to Maryland. Even though I left our suitcases in the back of our minivan for 2 1/2 days, incredibly - I still pulled a LIVE adult bedbug from the outside of my cloth suitcase.

What an experience... Now I have the added problem of monitoring for and perhaps exterminating these human parasites at my home!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank birdman56
Reviewed 10 April 2010

The price of the motel was quite low with a room saver coupon (about 40 dollars including tax). The room was fine, and included a kitchen.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rz74
Reviewed 5 March 2010

stayed here for $33 a night using a roomsaver magazine coupon, so it was a value. the check-in person was nice enough and spoke english. but the first room i went to hadn't been cleaned, so she put me in a "nicer " room. it was a large studio with a king bed and kitchenette. everything in the room, including appliances, was extremely clean. the bed was comfortable. towels and toiletries were good quality. the location is very quiet if you're in one of the buildings farthest away from the busy road. the grounds are beautiful, full of flowers and nice landscaping. the negatives- the tv only had 6 usable channels. and the heat/airconditioner was worthless- barely any air flow and no temperature difference despite the settings.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank whomever
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We stayed here 3 nights, we found the hotel by driving past, and had first asked the price of The Best Western next door (price out off our budget). We asked at Flamingo Suites reception if we could view the room first, which was fine by the Espainic woman on the desk. She was very plesant. Yes the room was very old and the kitchenette definitly not worth using - but we did use the fridge. Didn't attempt to look in the oven or cupboards!
We had a great laugh staying there and didn't expect much better for the price we paid - it was nowhere near as bad as 'The Bates Hotel' (Psycho') we had just stayed in in Tempe Phoenix.
The other people staying were 'an education' to watch, we only spent our nights in the hotel and had some wonderful days out in Tucson.
One thing we did do was roll a towel up and put it under the door as there were lots of lizzards running around - didn't want to share my room with any extra live stock!
Yes the mother of the receptionist could speak english and the laundry was pretty clean. Believe me we stayed in some other dumps after this one. Good malls and shops nearby and not far to drive to sightseeing.
We had fun here and laughed heaps!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel1087
Reviewed 8 March 2008

Actually a studio apartment, with full kitchen. Everthing is well worn, but there is an obvious recent attempt to keep property maintained. Everything worked. The bed was fine and carpet clean. Dated fixtures. Excellent value. Learned of the place from one of the free highway coupon books from one of the rest stops. It is a ways from the interstate, with a number of other hotels and motels. I really don't known why they are clusterd there. It is just outside the city limits; maybe the taxes are low. Many places to eat. A very pleasant small pool, with deck chairs.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple