Viscount Suite Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsatrium areaomelette barliving roomembassy suitesthird floorsoccer tournamentbig roomthree roomsbreakfast was amazingupgraded roomcomfortable bedsoutdoor poolthe breakfast areamini fridgehappy hourkeurigcouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This hotel is too old, there are a lot of areas in the rooms and common places that are to way old and need maintenance; I mean there are rusty doors, old tube TV´s, even there´s a Nintendo 64 control that you can PPV, Nintendo 64 is like 20 years ago, jajaja. I stayed 3 nights and one of those nights the housekeeping service forgot to put the towels and soap. The second night they didn´t clean well the room, they forgot to clean some breakfast dishes that I had. And the worst issue is that the hotel has a daily buffet in a indoor common area and they don´t have air extractors, so in the morning you will wake up with a fried bakon, eggs, etc.... odor in your room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jorge C
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I travel frequently for business and leisure. I am a seasoned traveler. I have worked in management at several hotels throughout the US, have a degree in Hotel/Restaurant mgmt, and stayed in many hotels throughout the world. This is by far the WORST experience I have ever encountered, photos will confirm most of the issues. Several issues in no particular order: 1) Pool area: pool needs rennovation - tiles falling off, mold behind tiles, plaster coming off in several locations, electrical exposed around pool perimeter with live wires sticking up, cigarette butts/trash throughout pool area. 2) Room not made up 2nd day, DND sign was not on door. Had to find a mgr at 6:30pm to get someone to service the room. 3) Room cleanliness/upkeep was disgusting: several stains on wall, carpet, bedskirt. Found a wrapped condom under bedskirt when looking for my son's dropped lego's - wonder how long that has been there. Thick layer of dust on fake room plant. Faux paint was not professional. Shower head/tub lever rusted, mold present in multiple areas of shower, tub lever broke from rust corrosion, bathroom floor dirty. Switch missing from one of the lamps (could not turn on/off). Could barely use drawers, cheap furniture and drawers were hard to pull in/out. Hotel was selected through a 3rd party website which stated it was "Eastside" - more Central. I had to book for a family emergency so required an inexpensive place to sleep. This issues were serious and I would have switched hotels but had too much to do to take care of my ailing Mother and my 2 kids...buyer beware, you get what you pay for. Positive Notes: 1) free internet, 2) friendly staff (front desk checkout needs training on how to multi task and acknowledged guests), 3) Large room size. Owners and Managers of this hotel should be ashamed.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2010

It's hard to review this hotel without thinking, "You got what you paid for". Booked this through Priceline at a very low rate. As many others have pointed out, the hotel is dated. You can tell they have tried to bring it up to date but, unfortunately, the colors are horribly tacky, and the building is quite worn out. The pool area is big but it needs replastering. You need a card key to get in the elevator, to use the pool, workout room, and get in the side entrance during the day. It's probably because its in a so-so neighborhood. The rooms were great. They are big and clean. We had a nice view of the mountains to the north but they are overshadowed by the dumpy, run-down neighborhood behind the hotel. The staff was polite and their service was quite excellent. I would recommend this hotel only if you have exhausted your search of the area and price is an issue.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2010

When we stayed at this hotel, we practically had it to ourselves. We stayed in late may, early June. since the weather was getting hotter , people from easterners and northeners don't come to Arizona at this time of year. Many guests come from Mexico in mid June, when school is out. The staff was friendly and corteous, although we had a small incident. Housekeeping came early in the morning to clean our room. I asked them to please come back later. I must have been misunderstood, because they did not come back at all. It was night time and our room hadn't been cleaned. I asked the manager to send someone to clean our room, and we got a security guard with some blankets that I assume we were supposed to change ourselves. I went to the front desk and the manager explained that there was no one from housekeeping on call at the moment. I insisted that there had to be someone who could step in in a pinch, he volunteered to change the sheets himself. For a moment, I felt as If I were in a backpackers hostel, not a three star hotel.

Aside from that incident, everything else went well. We had wireless internet, a business center, a pool, resturants and pretty decent breakfast options.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Dark. Beat up, stained, rusted, dated, dreary, dismal. Now scared to ever use priceline again. Just awful!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple