“Very pleasant stay”
Review of Hilton Tucson East

Hilton Tucson East
Ranked #47 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was a nice surprise. I booked this property on Hotwire.

The property is located on a large boulevard but is far enough that you will not be bothered by any noise. It is a very high quality building. My room was of very high standard, nice clean bedding, renovated bathroom with a large shower, all in very good condition.

The lobby is a nice atrium with stunning mountain views. The hotel has a decent gym with machines featuring TV. It also has a outside pool with chairs and table - very pleasant.

Excellent, free, Internet connection. Very professional and friendly staff.

All services (grocery, pharmacy, etc) available within a short drive.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you noting the quality of facilities and service. And the excellent, central location. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights just for pleasure. We had lived in Tucson for several years so knew of this hotel previously, but never stayed here before. We just stayed in the basic room overlooking the back side of the hotel, the pool side. We didn't need to spend the money on a mountain view because we lived here. But, if you're new to mountain areas, pay the money to have a high floor view of the mountains. They are beautiful here!
Our room was on the 4th floor which was fine. The room was nice sized with a desk to work on and the beds were very comfortable we thought. No micro or refrigerator in room but we didn't really need it. The pool area was very nice and inviting. The water was a bit chilly but refreshing when the temp outside is 110 degrees!! There was nice seating areas around the pool and even ceiling fans above some of them for air movement, which is nice.
While swimming I ran into the bar to get a couple bloody Mary's. The bartender must of been having a bad day. He was less than pleasant and very short on conversation. In my head I was thinking I either need to tip him like triple to make his day better or throw my bloody Mary at him and tell him to realize what kind of industry he works in!!! I politely asked if he puts olives in his Bloodys'. He had his back to me and said, "do you want olives?" I said one with olives and one without, my wife loves them. He didn't respond at all, nor did he turn around. When he brought them over to me, he was very standoffish feeling. I felt like dumping the drink on him to get ANY sort of emotion out of him. But I didn't say anything. Then the pool closed from 5p-6:30p for a private wedding. We didn't mind that so much.
Overall, the stay was pleasant. It was clean and comfortable. No real complaints on the hotel and I'd possibly stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: If you're not from a mountainous area, stay on the North side of hotel on highest floor possible...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words on the facilities. We apologize that the bartender's service did not meet Hilton standards. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

i enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Wonderful view of the mountains from my bedroom window and from the huge lobby panorama window. Room was clean and everything worked. I did not find the furniture to be that outdated as some have said. My only complaint was that the air conditioning system in the room is loud and the temperature hard to control. The Internet was fast and I was able to work in my room. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Check-in and check-out was fast.

I would have no hesitation stayed here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and have forwarded your air conditioner feedback to our engineering department. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I love this Hotel because of the service I received and the pool and Fitness center. However it is time to redo the rooms. The cooling system in the room is way to loud and you can tell the furnishings are old.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your loyalty and your business.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I enjoyed my long weekend in Tucson at the Hilton - Tucson East. Outside of a problem with the TV, everything else was great. Quiet, comfortable & affordable. The hotel was very close to all the places that I visited making it convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and so glad our central location was convenient for you. We look forward to welcoming you for next Tucson visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The restaurant and bar staff were wonderful. Very friendly and very social. The food was excellent and the variety for breakfast ranged from traditional breakfast food like bacon and eggs to healthier choices like fruit and whole grain cereals. The room's however have outdated decor that looked like something from the late 80's or the 90's, and the cleanliness wasn't that thorough. There were huge dust bunnies hanging off of my sprinklers, a wash rag I had used in the shower was never picked up by the cleaning crew and sat there for two days, and my empty shampoo bottles were never picked up either. When I first used the toilet it overflowed, and when maintenance came to fix it, it worked, but it never really seemed to flush right.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We're pleased you enjoyed the restaurant and bar staff, as well as, the food. Thank you for noticing the great variety we offer guests on our Breakfast at Hilton buffet each morning. We are disappointed you did not enjoy the new room renovations/decorations. I have forwarded your room comments to our Deep Cleaning Team for resolution and we apologize for the inconvenience they caused.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Overall this hotel was good. I would have given it 5 stars but it was difficult to control the temperature in the room and the air conditioner was noisy. Bed was comfortable, bathroom clean, my only other request would be that they invest in playpens instead of the roll away cribs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay.