Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel
US$140
US$118
US$178
US$148
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$88
US$193
US$173
Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$167
US$147
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$85
ComfortSuites
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$89
US$111
US$89
US$342
US$233
Loews Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsthe concierge loungegreat locationopen atriumlarge atriumparking garagewithin walking distancerestaurants and barsnice hotelper daybusiness centerbit datedmini fridgelobbyuofavaletuaconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2012

If you are planing any event where you plan on having any fun after 9:30 pm this is not the place!!! Think twice before you book an event here that will run past 9:30 PM I have been staying at this hotel several times a year for about 10 years. We were attending a formal event for my daughters sorority and they had set up blackjack tables. All the family's were having a great time. Starting at 9:30 if someone would cheer or clap when they won a hand the banquet manager came over and said they were shutting the whole thing down if everyone wasn't quiet. When I simply asked her why at 9:30 everyone has to be quiet she got extremely defensive then aggressive for no apparent reason. She behaved more like a teacher talking to children or a drill seargent ordering around some grunts than a hotel employee discussing an issue with adult clients. When we informed the front desk about her behavior and asked for the general managers name she immediately retaliated by telling my entire family that she was ordering them out of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you for bringing this situation to my attention and as I told you in the telephone conversation I had with you on Monday October 22, 2012 there is always a better way to handle a situation like this. The fact is we received many noise complains from hotel guests regarding the noise created by the function you were attending and it is our obligation to address an issue like this and try to resolve it. I am sorry it was not handled to your satisfaction and we have addressed with the staff some alternative ways to handle situations like this in the future. Thank you again for your comments and I did want to point out that I received several compliments from the organizers of the event you attended on what a successful function it was.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I was not expecting a nice hotel so close to the U of A campus. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean, comfy and large. I go to Tucson at least once or twice a year, so I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

We are happy that you enjoyed are facility and staff during your stay. I encourage our returning guests to make their reservations as early as possible because of our location next to the University of Arizona there are many times during the year that our availability is limited. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

This is basically the only reasonable major hotel option within walking distance of the University of Arizona. It's in good condition, spacious rooms, and the usual nice but overpriced breakfast. When I checked out there was an issue with someone else's incidental charge put on my room. It took at least 10 minutes to get that resolved. The waitress pressured me into getting the breakfast buffet when I wanted one of the very few cheaper options. The elevators are extremely slow at rush hours, and the stairs don't lead to the lobby, so even if you're on a lower floor, you can't walk down the stairs and need to wait for the elevator. Being in Tucson, there are lovely room views! I've stayed here a couple times and it's a fine place.

Room Tip: The atrium can generate noise at night from the bar, so upper level rooms are better, plus have better views. Though the elevator time is worse.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

We appreciate your kind words. I am sorry that it took ten minutes for your disputed charge to be taken off your bill and I have instructed the Front Desk Associates to try and be more efficient with these kind of issues. The vast majority of our guests who order breakfast in our restaurant do order the buffet but certainly are not obligated to as we do have menu options available. The Restaurant Manager has reviewed with the staff the proper procedure of presenting all options to our patrons. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is a nice Marriott and it couldn't be in a better location (adjacent to the U. of A.). Their rates do spike up when there are university events, though, because it's the only decent hotel this close to the campus. The former Sheraton Four Points (which was "iffy") is nearby on Speedway and currently being renovated to become an Aloft Hotel, so that'll be an option soon. Parking at this Marriott is in a ramp garage across the street, but it's close (there's also a valet option). Nice breakfast in the concierge lounge, eager/helpful check-in people at the front desk, too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed here while in between work trips in Southern Az. I liked that the room was clean, and the layout was excellent. The bed was comfortable and I ordered breakfast that was excellent. The staff were courteous and helpful. I used the Valet and their services were spot on. The location is perfect, its in the heart of Tucson and near anything and everything. Resort like accommodations. The structure of the hotel is beautiful and the reservation was exactly as I booked on their web site.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to fill out this review. I have passed your kind words on to the staff and hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again soon.