“Quiet and comfortable”

Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon
Ranked #40 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very nice welcoming staff at the front desk. The bed was super comfortable and loved the pillows. We were at the very back section and on the second floor and heard NO noise. The only negatives were that the housekeeping staff failed to leave a bath mat or replenish the shampoo/lotion supplies. I am sure if we called the front desk, they would have sent some up. The hotel is about 4 miles from Sabino Canyon. We also ate at the Hog Pit which was ok for BBQ but certainly not the best. AZ 78 is ok for Italian but very limited menu.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room in the far back second floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank linda8201
tucsoncs, Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and you like our fabulous beds. .I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. Our pool and oversize spa is heated all year around for your pleasure. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.

Our guests always love our convenient location close to the Sabino Canyon, Mt. Lemmon where they enjoy hiking and biking and long walks.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was very amazed that when I saw the pictures online and then the hotel in person there was no doubt I would get great service and I did!!!! Everything was exactly how they pictured it online. The staff was amazing!!! I would define tell stay there again and most highly recommend it to anyone!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Kodachrome1

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our Hacienda style courtyards with water fountain, and your stay was enjoyable. I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. Our pool and oversize spa is heated all year around for your pleasure. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

All in all the hotel was a good value. Inside the room was spacious, temperature environment control was excellent and wireless internet reliable. On the negative side, lighting was bad, they use movement sensors to activate the ceiling lights above the bed which always cut off if you were on the wrong side of the room or not moving. The light bulbs were also the energy saver types which meant it was hard to read books at night or if the room doesn't get enough sunlight. The TV and channels were plentiful and bed very clean and comfortable...room service was good.

Outside the room, the hotel is identified as a green hotel and has nice running water from fountains always pouring and trees growing throughout the hotel which adds a relaxed ambiance to the atmosphere. There is good entry and exit options and the hotel is spacious and for easy movement throughout with or without bags. The staff were all courteous and accommodating .

The pool and hot water Jacuzzi are too exposed to normal hotel traffic and need to be blocked from the view of prying eyes. The breakfast was filling and complete but the breakfast area was set up in the lobby in view of guests coming and going which made it feel crowded at times. It could benefit from being extended if they could knock down a wall and reclose it further out.

Proximity of the hotel was good with easy driving access to everywhere in Tucson as well as the mountains for hiking and recreation. If I went back to Tucson, I would probably repeat my visit to that hotel if I revisited Tucson.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the outside entry/exit as it could get noisy. I preferred the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Laila S
tucsoncs, Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable .I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. Our pool and oversize spa is heated all year around for your pleasure. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have been on a cross country trip for the last three weeks. Were getting tired and just happened on this oasis. Wonderful friendly staff, patio with fountains, once inside you wouldn't realize that you are in the middle of a large city. While we have stayed in fancier hotels this was clearly that best bargain. Room not as large as some but very adequate and bed and sleep was as good as any.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank HVKSisters

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hidden jewel. I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. Our pool and oversize spa is heated all year around for your pleasure. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We needed a place to stay in the Northeast part of Tucson and this hotel fit the bill. We did not get a suite, just a basic room with a king size bed. The bed was really comfortable, pillows very nice to sleep on compared to some places we have stayed. The toilet/tub area was tiny, you more or less needed to open the door to have room to towel off, there is a much larger sink area just outside the door. The closet area is ample. The layout of the design of the place is very nice with 2 courtyards on either end of the hotel so there is lots of light in the rooms. The only problem with the room was that it was one of those rooms with a door that connects it to the room next door and next door was a bunch of loud yahoos who slammed doors, talked LOUDLY and endlessly about where to go for beer . . . you get the picture. Can't really blame the hotel for inconsiderate people who rent rooms.
Breakfast was far more than I expected given the price of our room, The food was fresh with lots of choice. They could have used a few more tables, however if it had been warmer there were some tables poolside that I imagine you could use. All in all a nice place to escape from northern winter, but if you stay for more than one night perhaps upgrade to a suite and also ask for a room without a door that connects to the next room.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite and ask for a room that does not have a connecting door to the room beside it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Aging facilities but bearable until it was time to sleep. Without TV and fan noise, I could now hear a loud metallic bang, like a steel dumpster lid falling shut, every 60 seconds. At midnight I went out to see what it could be and found it was coming from the mechanical room behind the Front Desk. The night attendant, as well as the Front Desk clerk the next morning, acknowledged that it was the compressor, but had no explanation or fix other than having "told the maintenance people about it" . With earplugs and the fan on full I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep.

Completely unacceptable and infuriating experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank hagakure54
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We found the staff to be cheerful and very helpful. We received the type of room requested which was upstairs, in the back and very quite. the room was clean, and comfortable with lots of room. I had trouble with the heat adjustment and would suggest instructions placed nearby? my fault for not asking and assuming I could figure it out. When I informed them of the problem they assured me it would be looked and and did not brush me off.
I would definitely stay there again and probably will next year. So nice to be greeting with such happy faces.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
tucsoncs, Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014