“A Pleasant Surprise!”

Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon
Ranked #42 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I checked into this lovely hotel late Sunday evening for an impromptu one night stay. I selected it b/c of its location. Wow. I received a pleasant surprise! The hotel was quiet and very charming. The courtyard is quaint and peaceful. After a restful night, I opened my blinds to discover a lovely fountain outside my window. The Hotel staff assigned me the perfect room per my specifications and remained pleasant and cheerful despite working all night. When I checked out the following day, I was greeted with the same warm smile. I would highly recommend this reasonably priced, clean, safe and quiet spot for overflow guests, family or friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was a lovely hotel with a very comfortable room. The courtyard is beautiful and the hotel has a lovely patio area off from the pool . Maria at the front desk and her Saturday evening staff were very helpful and she and her staff gave us a lovely anniversary gift which was very unexpected and very thoughtful. We will be returning to this hotel whenever we get to Tucson . Denise and Orin, Buckeye, Az.

Room Tip: Even though the room doors face the courtyard the view is better from the second floor looking down...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise A
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We took a three-day trip to Tucson with two couples and a single. We arranged for one couple to have a suite with patio, with an adjoining room for the single, and the other couple down the hall. This hotel was recommended to us by neighbours who had stayed there recently. We were at the back of the property so it was very quiet and accessible to parking. The rooms are very spacious, the suite had a table and chairs so we could have dinner that we brought in, and overall it was very clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly, and if you wanted to, you could get cheap drinks by the pool at happy hour. The breakfast was OK, nothing special but you could find what you wanted. There is a Safeway across the street (a bit of a hike so driving is recommended) and an Albertson's down the road with a Target.

It was too cool for us to try the pool but it looked nice. We loved the location close to Sabino Canyon. Tucson is an easy city to get around as it is a grid system, so we had no trouble finding the downtown. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property are well back from the busy streets.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jam47
tucsoncs, Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable .I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. Our pool and oversize spa is heated all year around for your pleasure. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.

Our guests always love our convenient location close to the Sabino Canyon, Mt. Lemmon where they enjoy hiking and biking and long walks.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very nice welcoming staff at the front desk. The bed was super comfortable and loved the pillows. We were at the very back section and on the second floor and heard NO noise. The only negatives were that the housekeeping staff failed to leave a bath mat or replenish the shampoo/lotion supplies. I am sure if we called the front desk, they would have sent some up. The hotel is about 4 miles from Sabino Canyon. We also ate at the Hog Pit which was ok for BBQ but certainly not the best. AZ 78 is ok for Italian but very limited menu.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room in the far back second floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank linda8201

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and you like our fabulous beds. .I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. Our pool and oversize spa is heated all year around for your pleasure. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was very amazed that when I saw the pictures online and then the hotel in person there was no doubt I would get great service and I did!!!! Everything was exactly how they pictured it online. The staff was amazing!!! I would define tell stay there again and most highly recommend it to anyone!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Kodachrome1

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our Hacienda style courtyards with water fountain, and your stay was enjoyable. I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. Our pool and oversize spa is heated all year around for your pleasure. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

All in all the hotel was a good value. Inside the room was spacious, temperature environment control was excellent and wireless internet reliable. On the negative side, lighting was bad, they use movement sensors to activate the ceiling lights above the bed which always cut off if you were on the wrong side of the room or not moving. The light bulbs were also the energy saver types which meant it was hard to read books at night or if the room doesn't get enough sunlight. The TV and channels were plentiful and bed very clean and comfortable...room service was good.

Outside the room, the hotel is identified as a green hotel and has nice running water from fountains always pouring and trees growing throughout the hotel which adds a relaxed ambiance to the atmosphere. There is good entry and exit options and the hotel is spacious and for easy movement throughout with or without bags. The staff were all courteous and accommodating .

The pool and hot water Jacuzzi are too exposed to normal hotel traffic and need to be blocked from the view of prying eyes. The breakfast was filling and complete but the breakfast area was set up in the lobby in view of guests coming and going which made it feel crowded at times. It could benefit from being extended if they could knock down a wall and reclose it further out.

Proximity of the hotel was good with easy driving access to everywhere in Tucson as well as the mountains for hiking and recreation. If I went back to Tucson, I would probably repeat my visit to that hotel if I revisited Tucson.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the outside entry/exit as it could get noisy. I preferred the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Laila S
tucsoncs, Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have been on a cross country trip for the last three weeks. Were getting tired and just happened on this oasis. Wonderful friendly staff, patio with fountains, once inside you wouldn't realize that you are in the middle of a large city. While we have stayed in fancier hotels this was clearly that best bargain. Room not as large as some but very adequate and bed and sleep was as good as any.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank HVKSisters

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hidden jewel. I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. Our pool and oversize spa is heated all year around for your pleasure. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.