Hampton Inn Tucson-North
GLH Hotel(Tucson)
Amazon Motel(Tucson)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskcircle kwaffle houseroom was cleaneasy accessplace to stayvery pleasant stayan older propertyhot breakfastair conditionerthe breakfast areaone night staybusiness tripconvenient locationsaguaro national parkfreewayinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Clean rooms and easy access to the Freeway.The staff at this Hampton make sure you have what you need. The parking lot has a security guard during the evening. I am a Diamond Hilton member that travels all over the country and stays, almost exclusively, at Hampton Inns

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Hampton brand and Hilton family of hotels. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay, and look forward to serving you here again.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I am a Diamond Hilton member that travels all over the country and stays, almost exclusively, at Hampton Inns. I found out one late Friday afternoon that I was needed in Tuscon for 3 weeks straight so I hustled to get my request in to our company travel service. I just picked any Hampton Inn near where I would be working so the reservation was made.

On Saturday I called the hotel to discuss my stay. After all, it was for 19 nights and I wanted to make sure I'd be comfortable. Crystal answered on the front desk and I asked what kind of room I was assigned. It was the lowest level (two queens) and, while I know upgrades are never a guarantee, I thought I'd ask whether there was any chance of one...especially considering the length of my stay. She said my rate would increase if she changed it. I responded that "no....I wasn't talking about changing my rate...I was just asking what the chances were since I'm a Diamond and staying so long." She acted like she had never heard of hhonors status or upgrades at all and, as we talked, it was glaringly obvious she could care less about my status, my business, or how long I was staying. When I advised I'd be canceling my reservation, she just said OK.

Just thought you other members might be interested in this information....personally, I changed my reservation to the DoubleTree where they were happy to accept my 19 day reservation. And I have a suite for the same price. I'm happy!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tk0217
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels, and for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. There is no excuse for poor service, and hope you will accept my apology for how you were treated on the phone. The problems you mentioned with the front desk have been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed for one night at this location. Hotel was very clean, but in drastic need of an update. The deadbolt in our room did not work. We did not feel safe at all! We chose not to mention this to the desk personnel as we did not want to draw attention to the fact in case others might be listening, etc....The microwave in our room actually had a timer with a knob on it instead of buttons to push. There was no soap in the bathroom upon arrival. Water in the bathroom faucet changed abruptly from cold to scorching hot at the same setting. One small trash can in the room overflowed very quickly. Heating unit was very noisy!. Beds were ok. We expected more from a Hampton--definitely not worth the price we paid for the room!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure that repairs are made so this does not recur. Please don't let this one bad stay influence your opinion of the entire Hampton brand. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Everything was clean and bright. Staff willing to go the extra mile to be sure we were comfortable. Desk staff was accommodating regarding changing reservations and making sure we got the best room. Food was exceptional--quality. And the complimentary breakfast bar had endless choices. The bar area was immaculate. Rooms so comfortable. A/C was a bit noisy, but worked well. Will be back to this one for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your recent experience here. I'm sorry about the noisy air conditioner and hope you will accept my apologies. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and are really appreciate your kind words and 5 star rating. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

You pick Hampton because it is convenient, predictable and good value. We were not disappointed. Right off the highway we found it. Servic e was excellent. The front dest helped us plan the following day, gave us directions and recommended a restaurant nearby that was good. A safe bet that I can heartily recommend. Limited highway noise.

Room Tip: Choosing a room not facing the highway would be quieter. The hotel was sold out so we got what we got. Facing the highway was still fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton brand, and for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your kind words about the service you received, and hope you will let us enjoy more of Tucson the next time you are here.