“First Trip Tik Stop”

Hampton Inn Tucson-North
Ranked #38 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel was just the ticket for me as I began my cross country junket from Palm Desert California to New Orleans Louisiana, my new home. Staff was helpful, my three dogs were accommodated and my room was quiet, with free wifi and the breakfast served the following morning was a full breakfast and very tasty. All in all, it was an excellent start to the otherwise stressful journey.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kent W
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Kent W,

Thanks for posting your great review about our hotel. We're very happy you like us and what we do here. It’s fun for us too, when our guests travel with their four legged furry family members, and we get to meet and make friends with them. We appreciate your business and hope to see you here again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have stayed a minimum of one night a week since May 1, 2013 for two reasons - location and price, but I may have to move after management changed the following seems to be the way she runs a hotel.

Well I checked in at ~8PM the clerk asked for all my ID and was nasty when I asked if he was new. Got to my room after getting settled and tried to watch Monday night football - TV does not work. I call the front desk - no answer!! I am not going to get redressed so I read a book and went to sleep pissed I could not watch the game.

Next morning another new people at the front desk - they ask me how my stay was and I advised the young lady it was not up to standard since the TV did not work and no one answered - her response "Oh really sorry" no offer of the partial credit, full credit or even a gift card. Amazing - response.

Wish they would bring the back the old team and/or a new manager.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 699terrym

Dear Terry M,

I am very sorry you were unhappy with us during your recent stay and offer my apologies. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for your television not working, and for the poor service you received. There is a Tucson city ordinance that requires hotels to get a photo id from every guest, which supersedes the benefit offered by your HHonors status, and I'm sorry that wasn't explained to you. We value your feedback and your business, and do stand behind Hampton's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We have stayed at Hampton Hotels and Hilton Honors Hotels from the West Coast to the East Coast and this is the best stay from the moment we arrived till we left the following day. The Employees made us feel like we were at home. There are two employees that we would like to mention: Gerry the Security Guard at night made us, and really made our 3 Yorkie Terriers welcome! He brought us a cart for our baggage, and made us feel comfortable that our car would be safe. The other person is Kevin with Maintenance who also ask how every thing was going with our stay and did we need anything. There was also no extra charge and treats for our Yorkie's!! The price was right and the people were even better!!! Thanks you Hampton Inn Tucson North for "Our Best Stay Away From Home"!!! We will be Back!! Eddie & Crystal B.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Eddie B
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stay in Hampton Hotels a lot because my favorite thing about Hamptons is the nice clean good-sleeping mattress and bed and the good value quality breakfast provided. This hotel, the North Tucson, West Grant Road location is centrally located if you are interested in a variety of points of interest around the Tucson area. However, it does appear to be an older Hampton. The area of town of its location does not seem desirable, but they do have excellent security. We preferred the one on North Oracle Road, but it was booked. If you can afford the price, the Embassy Suites on Skyline is a favorite (although this is extreme north Tucson) due to its location at the foothills of the Catalina Mts. , their wonderful Jewish-Italian deli food and free happy hour goodies.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Victoria C
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Victoria C,

Thanks for your loyalty to the Hampton brand and for posting your comments about your stay with us. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you that you found us to be a good value. I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Next to I-10 exit for Grant. About 10 minutes to U of A by freeway access road to Speedway or Grant to Euclid or N Campbell. Friendly, helpful staff, overnight security guard on site to watch parked cars and hotel perimeter. Very clean, comfortable rooms. Omelettes and potatoes in addition to std "continental" breakfast fare. Is dog-friendly, with lots of perimeter space to walk

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael M
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Michael M,

Thank you very much for staying with us and posting your detailed review. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very Happy with my stay. Bobbie K at the front desk was wonderful. She checked us in and the next morning she checked us out. Great attitude both times. We had 2 rooms and my associate has converted from another competitor to now will not stay anywhere but Hampton. Stayed the next night in Hampton Ontario Calf. Never disappointed.

Room Tip: All great rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Doug W,

Thank you for making the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. Bobbie K is terrific and inspires all of us to do our best, with every guest, every day. I'll ensure she is properly acknowledged for being mentioned here by you. We're thrilled to hear you and your associate are now fans of Hampton and hope you let us know how best we can serve you on every visit. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

we arrived here on the first night. After driving 25 hours from Birmingham through rain and storms, we were just hoping there was a mattress and blanket. Upon an easy entry, we were greeted by a nice man, who went above and beyond the call of duty. our rooms were great! the value was phenomenal, and we had no problems getting in or out of the hotel. when checking out, the attendant just did not give us directions, took the time to print maps and give us directions to both parts of Sagauro NP. Highly recommend this Hampton!!!

Room Tip: stay towards top
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear haydenmoellers,

Twenty five hours - WOW! That's quite a drive, even in good weather, I'm so glad you made it safely to us through the storms and bad weather, and appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your stay. I shared your comments with our team so they know what a good job they are doing. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your road trip and that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.