Stayed here recently for a USTA tournament at El Conquistador (resort and country club). Needless to say, the cost here is much more of a value than the El Con (roughly 5 miles up N. Oracle). I had my car, so getting to the resort or country club was not much of an issue. Paid $80 for the first night and $89 the last two nights. The El Con was $129/nt (tourney rate) + $20.00/day resort fee.
The hotel is easily accessed from !-10 and close to the Tuscon Mall and La Encantada shopping areas. Plenty of food options within a short distance. Very nice lobby and excellent desk service (at check in and out). There is a restaurant next door (El Gringo); didn't eat there but they also provide room service to the hotel.
Breakfast main dishes varied each day (scrambled eggs, western omelette, biscuits and gravy) in addition to make your own waffles, oatmeal, fruit, etc. Not bad fare for free b'fast...the breakfast area/lobby is large so seats were plenty.
The pool/hot tub area seemed nice though we didn't have time to use them. Fitness room is OK for short term visitors (treadmill, stairs, bike, weights). Towels provided at pool and fitness ctr.
Our room was two queen....very comfortable for two adults...might be cramped for family over three. No fridge or microwave. Great air conditioning and ceiling fan. Nice 32" inch flat screen with plenty of channel options. Bathroom was good sized, but all self contained so you may have take turns to use the bathroom. Only unfortunate thing was the toilet was coming loose from the floor....kinda scary. Neutrogena products in the bathroom. Towels were not huge but of good quality and thirsty. Beds were comfortable and the room overall was very clean. Got a good night's sleep the whole time I was there. No noise problems at all.
Free wireless internet....no problems accessing with my tablet and streaming movies.
Dairy Queen next door was a nice treat to enjoy after a hot day of tennis. Overall, a very good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson-Mall hotel is located just 12 miles north of downtown Tucson and just two miles from the popular shopping destinations of Foothills Mall and Tucson Mall. Our Tucson mall hotel is also only 5 miles northeast of La Encantada shops and restaurants. The Bisbee Mining & Historical Museum, the Old Tucson Movie Studio and the Pima Air & Space Museum are all a short drive away when considering things to do in Tucson, AZ. Beautiful Sabino Canyon and Saguaro National Monument are also just minutes away as are dozens of other fun and interesting Tucson hotspots. Stay at this Tucson hotel and enjoy true southern hospitality. Sleep deeply in a clean and fresh Hampton bed(R) and stay connected with free access to high-speed internet. Start each day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast or just grab a Hampton On the Run(R) Breakfast Bag to take away with you from Monday to Friday. Swim laps in the hotel's large outdoor pool or relax in the whirlpool spa, or work out in the fitness center with a range of cardio machines and weights. Stay on top of work in our fully-equipped business center, and host a meeting in this Tucson hotel's 836 sq. Ft. Of dedicated meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson-Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Tucson-Mall Hotel Tucson
- Hampton Inn Tucson
- Tucson Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn And Suites Tucson-Mall Arizona