“A Great Hotel - We have already made our reservations for Next Month!”

Radisson Suites Tucson
Ranked #29 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Minneapolis, MN
“A Great Hotel - We have already made our reservations for Next Month!”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We stayed at the Radisson Suites while we were moving our son into his college dorm room at the University of Arizona. Although it is an older Radisson, thats were the negatives end. The staff is very accomodating and easy to work with. If you have a request, it is met with a smile and is immediately addressed (we needed more pillows and extras glasses) - it took 5 minutes for the items to arrive.
The rooms are clean and very spacious. We were on the 5th floor and had great sunset views. You have a patio with a couple chairs to sit on. The rooms have everything you need. Fridge, Microwave, Double sink vanity, sleep number beds, a separate living room with a TV and the separate bedroom with a flatscreen. We were very happy with all the amenities. On our next trip, we did request the rooms on the other side of the hotel on the 5th floor because they have spectacular views of the mountains. Although we liked the sunset from our side, the other side is really more beautiful.
The pool area is great and very well taken care of. They really go out of their way to make sure the grounds are well kept and beautiful. The restuarant is nice to have on site and the staff is great. The lobby has fresh fruit all day and also fresh lemonade. A real nice touch especially if your checking in and need a snack or in the morning if you dont feel like a big breakfast.
The location is awesome. Although we were about 15 minutes from the UofA - it worked out great for us. I would not have wanted to be at the Sharaton or the Mariott which is very close to the U. It gets very congested around there and is not as nice as the Radisson. We were very central to everything as far as shops and resturants. I would like to give a big recommendation for Jonathon's Cork resturant which is less than 1/2 a mile from Hotel.
All said, I would highly recommend this hotel for the amenities and the location. Most importantly the staff. We have already booked our reservation here for the end of September for the UofA Family Weekend.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
rstucson, Management Representative at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thank you so much for your great review. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you are coming back so soon!

We're glad you found your accommodations very clean and spacious, and that you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer in each of our guest rooms. We're also glad you found our staff friendly and responsive - they truly are an essential component in making sure our guests enjoy their stay.

Thank you for noting the location in regards to the University of Arizona, and things to do within the area. We're glad you were able to take the straight shot down Speedway to our hotel to escape the congestion surrounding the U of A.

Thank you so much for your recommendation, and we'll look forward to seeing you in about a month!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Flagstaff, Arizona by way of Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2011

As an archaeologist I have stayed at hundreds of hotels in many obscure parts of the Southwest. I stayed at the Radisson for a conference. The service was good, the room was clean, the pool was very nice, and the grounds were nice. In many ways a hotel is a hotel and this one is pretty standard. But this one was nicer than many and I would recommend it. The location is on the far east side of town which is great for access to the desert but it is pretty far removed from town and the restaurants nearby are mostly chains or chain-like.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed our friendly service, cleanliness and grounds. We strive very hard to ensure our guests have a great experience, and we're glad to see that you recommend us.

We are located in the east part of Tucson, and you're right, we are very conveniently located to some renowned desert "must-sees", such as Sabino Canyon, Saguaro National Park, and endless hiking trails. We do have several restaurants and shopping venues within the area, some chains, but also some that are independent Tucson gems that have been here for quite some time. Next time you're with us, ask us for some recommendations, and we'll show you some Tucson Original restaurants that are even within walking distance, or within our complimentary hotel shuttle radius.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon!
arizona
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This is the 2nd or 3rd time that I have stayed at this hotel where i have been over billed and hold's for incidental expenses take an incredibly long time to post back into your account. This time I was over charged for a full night's stay even though my company was invoiced for the $206 for all 3 nights I was there. I just got a text from another co-worker, one of 100 or so of us who stayed there for a conference, they over charged his bank account the hold plus all 3 days we were there, totaled 300 now his checks are bouncing. I had called over the weekend 4 times trying to reach a manager only to be told they would be in later, then told they will be in after 3. So today I called after 3 and they told me to call between 7am and 3pm tomorrow. I left my name and number and told the girl to have the manager deal with the charge and then call me back and this is what she said "If she doesn't call you back just call during those hours!" Give me a break! OMG worst customer service I have ever received at any hotel anywhere! It makes me wonder if they intentionally over charge people because they can't pay their bills! Oh and another thing I stayed there on a non-business trip last Winter and they didn't turn any of the heat on in the hotel until after 7pm.... my room was freezing to the point my teeth were chattering.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
rstucson, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to hear of the issues that came up regarding your stay. Please contact me directly, so that we can discuss this in further detail.

Bruce Richardson
Director of Sales and Marketing
(520) 239-1109
brichardson@rstucson.com
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This is an older Radisson that has a pleasant reception area, free business services (computer and printer), and large comfortable suites and many rooms have Sleep Number beds. I have stayed here 3 times as it is convenient for visiting my Aunt. The pool is lovely. The rooms open to the outdoors, not to a hallway (which can be common in the Southwest). The staff is very helpful. Downside: noisy air conditioning.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
rstucson, Management Representative at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Thank you so much for your review! We're so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for noting several of our amenities here on property.

I will forward your comments regarding the air conditioning to our Engineering department.

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Suites Tucson when visiting your Aunt. We hope to see you again soon!
SF
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stayed here Three nights whilst sightseeing / hiking in the Tucson area with my family. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms clean, comfortable and spacious, the pool / spa area expansive and great for lounging. All in all a luxury hotel experience for not much more than the cost of a "Best Western".

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We're happy to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy our pool area as well.

We sincerely appreciate you choosing the Radisson Suites Tucson for your sightseeing and hiking trip. We hope to see you again soon!
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I have a daughter that is now 4 years old. We come to Tucson once or twice a year in our travels. The best thing I can say about Radisson Suites in Tucson is it makes my daughter instantly comfortable, like she's at home. This means not only does she enjoy the stay, but I get to as well. :)

The staff are always friendly and seem to take great pride in providing a comfortable, friendly environment second to none. I've been coming here for 4 or 5 years now. And the breakfast buffet is a great way to start the day, with plenty of fresh fruit and other options to choose from.

My daughter loved the saturday night pool movie. :)

My only request is that they make it easier to plug in HDMI or video/audio output from portable media devices. The TV in the main area didn't have any accessible plugs, while the one in the bedroom had one HDMI port accessible, if you could contort yourself to see under the bottom with a flashlight (I used the camera on my phone to find it).

Room Tip: Book early directly with hotel. Be flexible. Had to reserve 2 queens but asked for king if avail. On...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review! We sincerely appreciate you choosing the Radisson Suites Tucson for your travels.

We're so glad everyone feels "at home" here, including your daughter. Our goal is to create a relaxing and friendly environment, and we're always thrilled to see that we have achieved our goal.

Thank you again for choosing us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Arizona
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The radisson gave me everything I needed for my business trip. Great rate, quick and accurate check in, clean and comfortable room, peaceful sleep and quick and accurate check out. I'd do it again and again.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
rstucson, Management Representative at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad we were able to fulfill everything you were looking for with your business trip! We certainly realize there are many choices out there for the business traveler, and sincerely appreciate you choosing us. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again!