“My wedding”

Radisson Suites Tucson
Ranked #23 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We held our wedding at this hotel and everything worked out perfect. The organizers were incredibly helpful and even though we were always behind and didn't know what we were doing, they held us together.

I definitely saw the value in what we paid for the wedding. If I had to do it again (hopefully I will never have to ) I would go with them again.

We got a room for the night after the wedding and it was wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was at the hotel for a very short time, very late check-in with an early check-out. The hotel seemed very nice, the lobby could use some updating. Rooms are large, bath OK and bed was comfy. Wi-Fi worked with no problems and rather fast. I had a problem with the AC in my room, room was warm at check-in and just blowing air, never really cooled off. I could not get the window to stay up to let the cool air in. Also a problem with the hot water ... I HAD NONE IN THE SHOWER, no happy! If I need to stay in Tucson again, I may give the Radisson another try ... the price was right and the location is good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stay here every time we come to Tucson. The rooms are spacious and clean. The restuarant is on the pricey side, especially breakfast. The property has been kept up well over the years. Well located.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We checked in for four nights in early August. The friendly and welcoming front desk staff accommodated my request for a "quiet" room on the upper floor facing east. We were situated in a top floor room, well off Speedway and facing the beautiful mountains and Dorado Country Club. The room is large and well equipped with a nice sized refrigerator, microwave, real coffee pot.

HINT: Radisson is located very close to a Trader Joe's [approximately 1000 feet west], so you can stock up on coffee, snacks, and beverages. [NOTE: This TJ does not stock hard liquor; just beer and wine]. Also, Costco is an easy drive if you want to dine in with a rotisserie chicken, or such. Or you could drop in to the neighborhood In-N-Out Burger.

The linens are top shelf and the sleep number bed was quite comfortable, once we figured out the adjustment control [you have to hold the button down firmly and for a few seconds].

I appreciated use of the free Business Center. No parking and resort fees were an added bonus to the budget.

My only substantial gripe is the general condition of the carpet and furniture in the room. The carpet was in dire need of a good cleaning. I discussed this at length with staff and they informed me that the hotel does have a cleaning regimen for the rooms on a rotating basis. Turns out it wasn't my rooms "turn" yet. Otherwise, housekeeping was adequate. If the carpet is an issue with you, make some noise at the front desk and they will accommodate you. Also, on the cleanliness subject; the hotel accepts pets, but they are restricted to a few rooms on the ground floor.

In summary, I have stayed in numerous Tucson hotels during kids college days at U of A and family visits. Sorry Hilton, but Radisson Suites will be our first choice from now on.

Room Tip: Fourth floor, east side, to rear of property.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here visiting our daughter at the University. We would like to have stayed closer to the school, but by the time we booked, rooms were pretty tight. We took a pre-pay package for the room, which was in line with other hotels. The property here is beautiful and clean, the staff was very friendly, and the pool area was nice. The common areas were also clean and relaxing. We'll probably look at staying here again next time we visit Tucson.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I rented a mountain view suite and was impressed with how nice the room was. It was well kept and had a small fridge for my drinks. The hotel itself was clean and friendly and helpful front desk staff. A good hotel makes a trip and this one was one I will visit again when I travel to Tuscon

Room Tip: the mountain view rooms gives you a beautiful view in the morning and during the entire day. the n...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Got a late start on our drive from San Diego to Virginia and by the time we hit Tuscon we were exhausted. Picked the Radisson Suites be cause of the rates and convenience. Made it to Happy Hour in their restaurant for a late and great mucnhie dinner and enjoyed a quiet comfortable night's rest before resuming our journey the next morning. Check-in and out was quick and courteous and the restaurant staff was most accommodating with recommendations for beverages and dessert.Thanks to all for a wonderful (although short) stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family