Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Arizona Inn(Tucson)
View Hotel
All reviewswindmill innfarmers markettrader joe's across the streetliving roomsmall kitchenhotel is locatedrestaurants and shopswould definitely stay here againfull kitchensocial hourhome away from homecontinental breakfastfront desk staffgreat place to stayshort drivecoffee makerphillips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2012

After a long drive from San Diego the Windmill Inn was very welcoming in the summer heat, we had a double queen bedded room with a separate living room with fridge and microwave.

Beds were comfy, and just a short walk to the pool.

Room was kept spotlessly clean. The breakfast was very good and set you up for the day a selection of sausage patty, scrambled eggs and omelets with cheese were the hot options, a selection of pastries and bagels etc were the cold options. plenty of free parking also. with a short drive to many restaurants.

A very nice base for our 3 day stay

Abzman

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Abzman,

Thank you for your positive review of our Tucson Windmill Inn.

We appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness and comfort of your suite. We are glad to read you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and pool.

We look forward to your return on a future trip to Tucson!

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I reviewed this hotel after my initial stay, and am now updating after three subsequent stays. I will maintain my original comment that the furnishings could be updated; painted white furniture is not my taste. I have not had a problem with the door between the rooms, and in fact, the rooms I have gotten- in the pet area on the third floor facing the Rillito- are the quietest I have had. The staff have been extremely helpful in getting me nice, quiet rooms which constitute the happiest hotel stays my cat has had. The small kitchen area is great, the bed and couch are both comfortable, and the prices are extremely reasonable. If you happen to stay on a Saturday night, easily the best thing you can do is wake up and take advantage of the farmer's market next to the hotel. We found an amazing variety of Tucson-grown and organic fruit and produce. And the best part of this hotel remains its location. Vivace, one of the best restaurants in town, is right next to the hotel, as are a few other solid choices like Union Public House. We will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at our Tucson location. We are happy to know you enjoyed the layout, comfort and quietness of your suite.

Our team members will be acknowledged for their helpful service.

We are glad you enjoyed the farmer’s market on Sunday’s and the many shops and restaurants near the hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

My son and his wife invited me to stay in their little apartment when I went out to visit but I didn’t want to crowd them. In searching for something close to them, I was delighted to find such positive reviews for the Windmill Suites so I booked a room. It lived up to the standards I had read about---my suite was spacious, comfortable, very clean, quiet, and most reasonably priced. Pool and hot tub were great, good breakfast, front desk was polite and helpful, maids kept room fresh, and parking was free (plenty of parking spots). Absolutely no complaints during my 4 days there! Though I missed the farmers’ market during my stay, my son goes there often and raves about it. Would definitely stay there again. Thank you for running such a fine establishment, Mr. Cauvin.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen M

Dear Karen M.,

It’s always a pleasure to read such positive reviews. Our team members are thankful for your feedback regarding the service you received during your stay.

We appreciate your comment regarding the cleanliness of your suite. We are glad we lived up to the standards from other TripAdvisor guests and that you enjoyed the pool, hot tub and breakfast. Thank you for your positive feedback!

We look forward to your return on a future trip to Tucson!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Just stayed at Windmill Suites of Tucson AZ and had a wonderful stay. Clean, modern, great breakfast, nice pool area, extremely comfy beds, area is quiet for sleeping and great location. I know I said clean but have to say again, CLEAN. Housekeepers must work hard. Very easy to get in/out of area to all attractions and lots of restaurants/fast food/shopping within 1-2 miles. The entire staff is helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable especially Elizabeth @ front desk. She checked us in quickly and suggested places for us to eat. She was extremely knowledgeable of the area and even looked up an address for us on her computer so we could put it into our GPS. Great employee to have on staff. If you decide on Windmill Suites you will not be disappointed. We will be returning, no doubt.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about our Tucson Windmill Inn. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Our team members and especially Elizabeth will be recognized for their hospitality provided to you during your stay. We appreciate your comment regarding the cleanliness of our property.

We are glad to read you enjoyed our amenities offered and the nearby attractions and restaurants.

Thank you for choosing us. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Loved our recent stay at this hotel. Large comfortable suite overlooking the pretty pool. Helpful staff. Very good breakfast included in price. Situated in St Philips Plaza which was very classy and included several good eateries. Loved the Spanish feel. Week-end farmers market was a lovely surprise too, didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for such positive comments regarding your stay at our Tucson Windmill Inn.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our large, comfortable suite overlooking the pool.

Our team members will be acknowledged for their helpful service.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to your return!