Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University
Ranked #8 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Danbury, Connecticut
“Excellent again”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I have stayed at Windmill several times over the past ten years. Once again i am pleased with their courteous service, cleanliness, and convenience. This trip my wife joined me and we agree the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet.
In the square with them are an excellent italian restaurant, Vivace, a lively sports pub, Union Public House, a pizza restaurant, and several shops.
We look forward to returning here.

Room Tip: Rooms have a mini-fridge & MW.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
JRCauvin, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
“Excellent again”

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding the cleanliness and comfort of your suite. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Our team members will be recognized for their hospitality provided to you during your stay.

We are glad to read you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and the nearby restaurants and shops.

Thank you for choosing us! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Windmill Inns & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed there for a stopover after visiting San Carlos, Mexico. I found the price very reasonable ($99.00 before Tax). My wife and I had 2 dogs with us and found it very pet friendly (no extra fee). Previous reviews complain somewhat about the decor- whatever. It's fine. An extra bonus is their are tons of restaurant options within a 5 minute walking distance. And a very nice plaza in which it is located. For the price, we found it a very enjoyable stay. BTW, the beds are unbelievably comfortable. Slept very well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mleafs
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

We are pleased to read you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and the nearby restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return trip to Tucson!

Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I liked this hotel. It had a cute arrangement for the suite. 2 queen beds a little living room kind of area and a kitchenette with any mini refrigerator a sink and a microwave. There was a backdoor and the salt water pool was accessible from that door. I especially liked the saltwater pool it was much more enjoyable than a chlorine pool. It didn't sting my eyes or anything. It was very pleasant. They serve you breakfast in the morning too, in the lounge area, so that really helped.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about our Tucson property! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

We are pleased you enjoyed the design of your suite, our complimentary breakfast and pool.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 7 July 2012

After a long drive from San Diego the Windmill Inn was very welcoming in the summer heat, we had a double queen bedded room with a separate living room with fridge and microwave.

Beds were comfy, and just a short walk to the pool.

Room was kept spotlessly clean. The breakfast was very good and set you up for the day a selection of sausage patty, scrambled eggs and omelets with cheese were the hot options, a selection of pastries and bagels etc were the cold options. plenty of free parking also. with a short drive to many restaurants.

A very nice base for our 3 day stay

Abzman

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Abzman,

Thank you for your positive review of our Tucson Windmill Inn.

We appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness and comfort of your suite. We are glad to read you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and pool.

We look forward to your return on a future trip to Tucson!

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I reviewed this hotel after my initial stay, and am now updating after three subsequent stays. I will maintain my original comment that the furnishings could be updated; painted white furniture is not my taste. I have not had a problem with the door between the rooms, and in fact, the rooms I have gotten- in the pet area on the third floor facing the Rillito- are the quietest I have had. The staff have been extremely helpful in getting me nice, quiet rooms which constitute the happiest hotel stays my cat has had. The small kitchen area is great, the bed and couch are both comfortable, and the prices are extremely reasonable. If you happen to stay on a Saturday night, easily the best thing you can do is wake up and take advantage of the farmer's market next to the hotel. We found an amazing variety of Tucson-grown and organic fruit and produce. And the best part of this hotel remains its location. Vivace, one of the best restaurants in town, is right next to the hotel, as are a few other solid choices like Union Public House. We will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at our Tucson location. We are happy to know you enjoyed the layout, comfort and quietness of your suite.

Our team members will be acknowledged for their helpful service.

We are glad you enjoyed the farmer’s market on Sunday’s and the many shops and restaurants near the hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to your return visit!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My son and his wife invited me to stay in their little apartment when I went out to visit but I didn’t want to crowd them. In searching for something close to them, I was delighted to find such positive reviews for the Windmill Suites so I booked a room. It lived up to the standards I had read about---my suite was spacious, comfortable, very clean, quiet, and most reasonably priced. Pool and hot tub were great, good breakfast, front desk was polite and helpful, maids kept room fresh, and parking was free (plenty of parking spots). Absolutely no complaints during my 4 days there! Though I missed the farmers’ market during my stay, my son goes there often and raves about it. Would definitely stay there again. Thank you for running such a fine establishment, Mr. Cauvin.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen M
, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Karen M.,

It’s always a pleasure to read such positive reviews. Our team members are thankful for your feedback regarding the service you received during your stay.

We appreciate your comment regarding the cleanliness of your suite. We are glad we lived up to the standards from other TripAdvisor guests and that you enjoyed the pool, hot tub and breakfast. Thank you for your positive feedback!

We look forward to your return on a future trip to Tucson!

Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Just stayed at Windmill Suites of Tucson AZ and had a wonderful stay. Clean, modern, great breakfast, nice pool area, extremely comfy beds, area is quiet for sleeping and great location. I know I said clean but have to say again, CLEAN. Housekeepers must work hard. Very easy to get in/out of area to all attractions and lots of restaurants/fast food/shopping within 1-2 miles. The entire staff is helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable especially Elizabeth @ front desk. She checked us in quickly and suggested places for us to eat. She was extremely knowledgeable of the area and even looked up an address for us on her computer so we could put it into our GPS. Great employee to have on staff. If you decide on Windmill Suites you will not be disappointed. We will be returning, no doubt.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about our Tucson Windmill Inn. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Our team members and especially Elizabeth will be recognized for their hospitality provided to you during your stay. We appreciate your comment regarding the cleanliness of our property.

We are glad to read you enjoyed our amenities offered and the nearby attractions and restaurants.

Thank you for choosing us. We look forward to welcoming you back!