“Extremely Nice Value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My family stayed here based on TripAdvisor reviews and this place was a true gem. We took two Queen rooms and they were very clean and spacious. Air con. worked well, very quiet and great beds. The bathroom was big and new and we even got a fridge thrown in. The wifi was free and very fast. The pool was very clean and whirlpool was a treat. I was surprised at the airy feel of the breakfast room and while basic they did have waffle makers that the kids liked. My wife and I lived in Tucson many years ago and I was a little hesitant at the location on the south side of town and I feel ashamed that I had preconceived notions since the Hispanic population there were extremely polite and friendly. We enjoyed our stay so much that we modified our plans and stayed an extra three days on top of our original five. Eventhough were were close to the airport, I only heard planes once while inside .... good soundproofing. The location was great for visiting local sights, Sonora desert museum, Pima Air museum, San Xavier Mission, etc.

All in all a very relaxing and nice experience. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

A visitor from Finland

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2011

Very clean rooms. Nice staff. It has the awesome, La Quinta southwest theme to it. It is next to the airport, so the occasional plane makes some noise. For a traveler this is a great spot. And fantastic considering the low price. $61 / night. And try the Waffle House down the street. Their nice too.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The rooms are huge, the hotel is about as close to the airport as you can get, and the staff is super friendly. A good deal.

Room Tip: Second floor is entirely Non-Smoking.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stay here usually when I must come to Tucson primarily because I get reward points and free upgrades to King suite. The rooms are average size with an old maladjusted tube TV. Some rooms have better reception than others. The beds are fine and plenty of counter space in the bathroom. Desk is standard LQ and just fine. The office chair works well too. It's right near the airport and an Airforce base, so you get noise from the planes and is unavoidable, airlines have pretty quiet engines and Airforce is the sound of freedom. I give the Airforce a free pass. Pets are allowed or at least seem to be as I have been awaken by dogs barking on more than one visit. I think if I got free upgrades and same price from any of the other hotels on Tucson blvd, I would be staying here because I know what I get, as it seems nothing changes here. Not outstanding but not bad either, just ok.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2011

So many nice things to say about this hotel. Pet friendly yet quiet and clean. Accommodating staff and a delicious basic breakfast. Beautiful lobby and rooms, comfortable beds and great water pressure, perfect to wake us up to finish the last leg of our cross country trip. I have nothing negative to say about this place!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We used this hotel as base to visit the Pima air and space museum so the location to the museum was great. Being close to the airport there is a bit of aircraft noise which was mainly noticeable by the pool. Pool was heated and the kids really enjoyed it plus there was a spa pool as well which was nice to relax in after a day walking around the museum. Breakfast was OK and it was nice to be able to eat outside by the pool. Rooms clean and tidy. Internet was so slow we ended up logging onto the hotel next doors wifi and this was heaps faster!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I stayed here because of the good reviews and proximity to the airport. We really only wanted one night near the airport, but I just didn't want to change hotels, so we stayed here all three days. I wasn't disappointed! I couldn't walk anywhere, but it didn't bother me. We were close to San Xavier Mission, which we loved, and we drove into the city quickly. Lena at the front desk was great and treated us like family. The breakfast was just fine, all I needed (good coffee). The pool was lovely and clean. The hot tub was just right. Really, the pool was the best part, and we looked forward to it each day. I never heard the planes. I think the room in the back helped. Beds were comfy. Loved it! THe price was right too.

Room Tip: Stay in the back, on the 2nd or 3rd floor, to mufd
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family