“Questionable”

Ranked #110 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Chula Vista, California, United States
“Questionable”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed here two nights while visiting the University of Arizona. I guess you get what you pay for. The halls in the hotel had NO air conditioning and were extremely hot and they also had a musty smell that they tried to cover up with some type of freshener. The spa and pool looked dirty (I would not have gone in them). There were holes in the wall in the room with crappy patch jobs. When I first walked into my room it was hot as heck and had the same smell as the hallways. The surrounding area is not too nice (was kind of afraid to go to the parking lot at night). The side door would not open up with my key (I had to drive around to the front desk and ask them to fix it, which she re-programmed my keys and it still didn't work). The water in the shower would switch from hot to cold and you couldn't control it. This hotel just seems very run down. The ONLY plus about my stay was the bed was pretty comfortable. I would definitely NOT stay here again. The Super 8 next door even looked nicer than this!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Lori M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Moore
Reviewed 29 June 2012

A bit run down. Fairly clean. I don't believe there was a spa and we didn't have breakfast there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank juliaavery
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2012

drove up and it looked pretty decent. my wife saw some suspicious people wandering around and was immediately skeptical. checked in with clerk, nice guy, got to room, did not like it. sliding door was secured by a bar propped up on the side. not a good sign. a-c was not cooling. not a good sign. bathtub fixture was inoperable. got moved to another room. we had already paid, so we stayed there for the night. woke up to see a homeless guy sleeping not 50 yards from our sliding door on the premises. not good. no a-c in breakfast area, so we ate fast because it was so hot in the main areas. not a good place to stay. pay the extra $20 for the comfort suites.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank madbomber06
Globe, Arizona
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I reserved four rooms at this hotel. My family got in first and the room and pool were horrible. Tv didnt work, telephone didnt work, door (arcadia) stuck and would not lock, pool was dirty. We checked out and under our advice our other family members did not stay either. After trying to get ahold of the manager for over a week, I finally get to him and I am told there is nothing they can do. OH! except that they would give me a free room in the same hotel in the near future! Yeah, like I would stay there again. People at the service desk were friendly, manager and assistant manager are just awful. They played phone games , wouldnt call back, and even one time the assistant manager pretended he was someone else, trying to avoid a conversation with me.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sheri g
Maryland
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Was in AZ for my neice's graduation. This hotel is very clean and quiet. It's also economical for a quick basic stay. The reason it is not a 5 is the exercise bike did not work and the jacuzzi was not hot.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jan0705
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This motel is located at the bottom of a parcel of budget hotels directly off the southbound freeway ramp. But if you're coming up from the south, it may be a bit cumbersome to locate. In fact, you might pass it and have to double back from the Congress exit. My room was a large KIng. It had both a microwave and fridge; also a double sink. But when I checked the desk drawer, the Tucson area tourist guide that I found inside was from 2006! Another annoyance was that it took a day for me to get a light bulb for one of the room lamps. I think they located the bulb but forgot to notify me. One afternoon I came back and couldn't get the air/heater to start up. After fiddling around with it for a while, I discovered that the housekeeper had pulled the main cord, probably to vacuum. The breakfast bar actually ran out of coffee, cereal, and waffle mix. Moreover, they installed a new juice machine during the breakfast period, causing a significant delay of service. The next day, they changed the cereal dispensers during the same time frame. However, I observed that management was actively trying to refurbish the motel. There is a small exercise room, guest laundry, and outdoor pool area. Wi-fi is available. The lobby area is clean and has a couple of computers for guest use. They also get daily copies of the Wall Street Journal, but not the local paper.
They also have ample parking around the entire complex. The location is just south of downtown Tucson and the street at the exit ramp (22nd) goes straight east through Tucson at a decent traffic flow. There's also an adjoining restaurant and a 24/7 Waffle House across the way. Otherwise, for shops and restaurants, try downtown, west on 22nd, or around the University, including 4th Avenue. But don't overpay. This is not a classy part of town.

Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Zoom_Gotti
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This hotel is in a great location close to the freeway and downtown. This hotel is in a neighborhood of dive hotels that advertize low rates, but is worth paying a few bucks more. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel and rooms are very clean, beds are new and comfy, and next door is a good, fair priced restaurant. The continental breakfast could use a few more items, but nothing serious. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel has a pool, spa, laundry room, continental breakfast and free wireless internet. Convenie...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple