“DRIED URINE ON THE TOILET!!! THIS PLACE WAS FILTHY!!!”

Tucson AZ Travelodge
Ranked #94 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We picked this place because it was the only place that came up when we were looking for a room to stay in while our son wrestled at the Middle School State Championships. This place was resonably priced and only 10 min. from the school where the championships were being held.
We arrived at night around 9pm. The first thing we noticed was the dried up sticky mess on the night stand, it was soda that had been spilt and never cleaned up. We called the front desk and complained. The girl offered to go down and clean it but we were so tired that we told her that we would wipe it up and just wanted her to know that the room was not very clean. My daughter then went to use the restroom and discovered that the toilet was not flushed and that there was dried urine on the toilet seat!!! We wanted to check out but rooms in the area were booked solid becuase not only were the State Championships going on but the Tucson Gem Show was also in town at the same time. As we started to play close attention to the room we discovered a ton of dust ont he headboards and then dried up french fries on the floor!!!
When we checked out we mentioned all the filthy things wrong with the room, along with complaining about the funky smell, the old and lumpy matresses, and the tortilla flat pillows, and were given an apology and instead of offering us a discount or telling us the room was on them, they offered us a free night stay at some other time!!!! WOW, like we would want to come back to that dump!!!
I am still waiting for the phone call and/or email the corporate office promised me, as I tried to call them the night we checked in and couldn't get a human on the phone until the next morning! Stay away from this place!! I wouldn't board my pets in this place!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank azharley06

Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at this Travelodge 2/23/11 to 2/25/11 for the Accenture Match Play golf tournament in Marana, AZ. We drove from Beaumont, CA right after we got off work on the 23rd. When we were about halfway there, I called the Travelodge to let them know we would be arriving quite late (definitely after midnight) and they shouldn't give our room away. The woman who answered the phone confirmed our reservation and asked if we requested a smoking room. After I said I would never book a smoking room, she said that is what is on the reservation, but she thinks a non-smoking room might be available.

We arrived at about 12:30am. The hotel lobby was not open at that time. We had to conduct our business through a security window while standing in the cold. The woman mentioned speaking to me on the phone earlier and confirmed they had a non-smoking room for us. Our room had a Non-Smoking sign on the door, but the room smelled horrible when we stepped inside. We were exhausted after a whole work day and the long, seven-hour drive; we just brushed our teeth and went to bed. In the morning, we asked about changing rooms, but there were no rooms available. We were up early, spent most of the day out, and didn’t return to our room until late. Either we got used to the awful smell, were too tired to care, or they did something to get rid of it, but our room didn’t smell as pungent when we returned that evening.

The second night we were there, other hotel guests were very noisy, sat in their rooms with the doors propped open talking to people as they walked by, and hung around in the common areas and parking lot. This gave the impression that this hotel has a weekly/monthly, flop house rental plan. We didn’t feel unsafe (we’re both trained to take care of ourselves), but the “regular” guests are certainly an unsavory looking/acting group of people.

For the past 10 years or so, I have never officially “checked out” of a hotel; I just leave the room before the check out time. I had a feeling I needed to let the hotel know we were leaving. I went into the lobby and gave “Ravi” our room number and told him we were leaving. He looked at something, said everything is paid for, and no I don’t need to sign anything.

On March 11, I checked my credit card statement: Travelodge charged $103.52 to my credit card!!! I called Travelodge to speak to the manager/owner and was told to call back in about an hour. When I called back, I spoke to Ravi (the same person who I spoke with when we checked out). After I explained I had booked and paid through Hotels.com and was charged an additional $103.52 by Travelodge, he asked if I had called Hotels.com. Why would I call Hotels.com? They aren’t the ones who charged me after I already paid for the room! After going around with him for about 15 minutes and telling him I was going to dispute the charge with my credit card company if he didn’t credit my account, he said he would submit the credit to my credit card. I found it interesting that Ravi never apologized for THEIR error and continually tried to blame it on Hotels.com. It seems like this is a common practice for this Travelodge. These days many people simply make their credit card payments without carefully checking credit card statements. Who knows how many times they have gotten away with double charging guests. Check your credit card statement to make sure Ravi hasn’t stuck his hand in your wallet and made extra charges to your credit card!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank BeaumontBarbie
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Me and a family member stayed for a week at the Travelodge. I was in Tucson for family medical problems and I was there for support. Prior to checking in to the Travelodge I visited several local motels to see if they would hold my two suit cases of things until a room was ready later in the day. Travelodge is the only place that not only let me leave my things there, they let me put my things in my room before it was ready to occupy. The room was not yet clean but they let me store my things so I could easily travel to the hospital in the cab without lugging my stuff around. For this - I give Travelodge some extra points.

For the single traveler who is budget conscious I recommend the Roadrunner Hostel. You can get a bed in the dorms for about half the price of the Travelodge. Both places are noisy, but you will save more money at the hostel and may meet some interesting people.

The proximity of the Travelodge to the places I needed to go was good. It is close to the freeway which makes it easy to travel to various destinations but it also makes for a noisy room. There were a couple staff that were very accommodating and made me feel welcome. There were others that were very serious and I didn't feel like a guest at all.

For the Travelodge you get what you pay for. However I think this is a good place if you need some unorthodox service.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are created equal. If you do choose to stay at this place I suggest asking to see the...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank abruzzi_67
Reviewed 27 June 2011

After checking in I notice a posted "no pets".at the back door. Talked to the front desk it was late and we would be leaving in the morning,. Every thing was ok until the night shift came on while walking the pet outside employee saw us and became irate told us we had to go and refused to give us our money back. Had to call the cops Shows what happens when you try to do the right thing. There are plenty of other places near by AVOID THIS PLACE

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sfwow
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I took this hotel through priceline because it was busy season at Tucson. When I was checking in, I asked if they have a non-smoking room. They were very rude and told me that "well, you went through price line, you have to ask them". It seems like they were upset that they are not getting a better price. At the last day, I was busy packing and forgot my watch on the night stand. I called them when I realized it. The woman at the front desk who I believe is the one who cleaned my room also said it may be in the laundry and she will check. She ask for my phone number and I never heard from her again. It was obvious that she was not going to check the room or anything. They do not have Lost and Found and of course, the owner (who was the one who blew me off when I checked in) does not care about customer service. Do not go to this hotel anymore. I usually do not leave feedbacks because I do not want to affect small businesses but I am leaving everywhere. I just left a feed back at the main hotel site too.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ebaar88
Reviewed 3 November 2010

The location is by a very busy freight train track and they love to blow their whistles all night long for several times and for very long. The hotel has a little warning sign about this in their lobby, saying: we apologize for the trains. Who could have known it would be that bad?!
The hotel is old, had some upgrades, like a nice fridge and microwave. The carpet seemed decent, but the rest was a nothing matching decor . One of the easy chairs and its foot rest were full of stains. The small desk was right by the air conditioner, which had to be on, so it made it too cold to work there. The king size bed, for which they charged us $5.00 extra, had a bottom sheet that was too small for the mattress, another reason we did not sleep well.
The lobby had unpleasant strong cooking odors.
The breakfast wasn't worth our time.
If only we had known there were three better choices a mile up the road on Interstate10 in a newer neighborhood!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shock43
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I'll begin by saying that I made a reservation through Hotels.com and paid $30 more a night than the advertised rate and am in the middle of a dispute to get a refund for the $30 x 3 nights.

The lobby is really shabby with a nasty looking leather couch. I tried to check in at about 11am and was told that a room with a Queen bed was not available but that for $10 more a night he could accomodate me in another room. I told him that I was not interested in paying more and was looking for a quiet, clean, non-smoking room. I went back a few hours later and was given a room that was quiet for the most part but smelled of old smoke and was definitely not clean.

Regarding the noise- there are signs up in the lobby warning that there is train noise, I faintly heard it in the distance.
Other guests slammed doors in the early morning.
The room- the chair was stained, the wall had missing paint, their were only 2 small towels in the bathroom and they were so ratty looking. The tub was dirty and very small and the shower knob was falling off the wall. I dropped a plastic bag behind the night stand and it was still there 3 days later. The sheets were not changed, it was gross.
There was a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot which could be a plus for some travelers.
Breakfast- packaged cookies, oatmeal packets, apples (which I saw some people touching and then putting back), crappy frozen bagels, cream cheese (not refrigerated), cereal dispensers with cereals that didn't match the name on the dispensers (which were filthy), and milk in a pitcher (not refrigerated), and orange and cranberry juice dispensers.

Staying here was the worst decision. I would never come back!
This would probably be a fine choice for someone traveling across the country and just needing a place to sleep/rest.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank sdheart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
Candlewood Suites Tucson
15 mi away
Days Inn Tucson Airport
Days Inn Tucson Airport
#98 of 129 in Tucson

Been to Tucson AZ Travelodge? Share your experiences!