“Our first stay at the Travel Lodge.”

Tucson AZ Travelodge
Ranked #91 of 130 Hotels in Tucson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This travelodge has the worst hard beds, the mattress had to be 20 years old and dirty, the rooms are old and nasty, this place has not been updated and is run down. Not a pleasant night stay.

It is obivous the franchise owner won't put any money into this hotel.

Beware!!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RuthS160
Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I've already emailed Travelodge corporate about my issues. I reserved and received a confirmation number for a wheelchair accessible room with ROLL IN shower.Guess what...a bathtub in BOTH "accessible" rooms that were available. The carpet was filthy and the bathroom ,which smelled of stale urine,looked like renovations had started but never completed. Do NOT trust the room pictures on this site. The rooms are dark and funky smelling. the fridge made obnoxious noise all night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy D
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This was the dirtiest most rundown motel I have ever stayed in. I had to go to Walmart for some cleaning supplies to clean the room before I could stay there. There was a an easy chair in the room that was so stained and dirty I was afraid to sit in it. The property is not as pictured as there is no pool. The pool was drained and the area is used for storing old furniture and junk. The continental breakfast was pathetic. They only offered bagels and a choice of raisin bran or Froot Loops cereal. No muffins. No donuts. No bread for toast. No fruit. No hot water for tea or coffee. No elevator to 2nd floor. Most of the ice machines have been removed, except for one by the lobby. Way over priced at $68. I would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this motel at all, but I guess if you were forced to stay here, I would choose...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kelly M
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I highly recommend NOT staying at this motel. We booked 3 rooms for 3 different people in our group. ALL had dirty old carpet, bathrooms that had hair and dirt in the corners, walls that needed to be painted or wall patches that still had the spakle on them. The TV's were very old and the reception was very poor. I slept in my sleeping bag ontop of the mattress because I didn't trust that the sheets were clean. The pillows were obviously very old and lumpy. We asked the front desk clerk to clean the bathrooms again. After they said they had cleaned them again, they were still dirty. Poor accomodations!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jerrocop
Benson, AZ
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We picked this place because it was the only place that came up when we were looking for a room to stay in while our son wrestled at the Middle School State Championships. This place was resonably priced and only 10 min. from the school where the championships were being held.
We arrived at night around 9pm. The first thing we noticed was the dried up sticky mess on the night stand, it was soda that had been spilt and never cleaned up. We called the front desk and complained. The girl offered to go down and clean it but we were so tired that we told her that we would wipe it up and just wanted her to know that the room was not very clean. My daughter then went to use the restroom and discovered that the toilet was not flushed and that there was dried urine on the toilet seat!!! We wanted to check out but rooms in the area were booked solid becuase not only were the State Championships going on but the Tucson Gem Show was also in town at the same time. As we started to play close attention to the room we discovered a ton of dust ont he headboards and then dried up french fries on the floor!!!
When we checked out we mentioned all the filthy things wrong with the room, along with complaining about the funky smell, the old and lumpy matresses, and the tortilla flat pillows, and were given an apology and instead of offering us a discount or telling us the room was on them, they offered us a free night stay at some other time!!!! WOW, like we would want to come back to that dump!!!
I am still waiting for the phone call and/or email the corporate office promised me, as I tried to call them the night we checked in and couldn't get a human on the phone until the next morning! Stay away from this place!! I wouldn't board my pets in this place!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank azharley06
Beaumont, CA
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at this Travelodge 2/23/11 to 2/25/11 for the Accenture Match Play golf tournament in Marana, AZ. We drove from Beaumont, CA right after we got off work on the 23rd. When we were about halfway there, I called the Travelodge to let them know we would be arriving quite late (definitely after midnight) and they shouldn't give our room away. The woman who answered the phone confirmed our reservation and asked if we requested a smoking room. After I said I would never book a smoking room, she said that is what is on the reservation, but she thinks a non-smoking room might be available.

We arrived at about 12:30am. The hotel lobby was not open at that time. We had to conduct our business through a security window while standing in the cold. The woman mentioned speaking to me on the phone earlier and confirmed they had a non-smoking room for us. Our room had a Non-Smoking sign on the door, but the room smelled horrible when we stepped inside. We were exhausted after a whole work day and the long, seven-hour drive; we just brushed our teeth and went to bed. In the morning, we asked about changing rooms, but there were no rooms available. We were up early, spent most of the day out, and didn’t return to our room until late. Either we got used to the awful smell, were too tired to care, or they did something to get rid of it, but our room didn’t smell as pungent when we returned that evening.

The second night we were there, other hotel guests were very noisy, sat in their rooms with the doors propped open talking to people as they walked by, and hung around in the common areas and parking lot. This gave the impression that this hotel has a weekly/monthly, flop house rental plan. We didn’t feel unsafe (we’re both trained to take care of ourselves), but the “regular” guests are certainly an unsavory looking/acting group of people.

For the past 10 years or so, I have never officially “checked out” of a hotel; I just leave the room before the check out time. I had a feeling I needed to let the hotel know we were leaving. I went into the lobby and gave “Ravi” our room number and told him we were leaving. He looked at something, said everything is paid for, and no I don’t need to sign anything.

On March 11, I checked my credit card statement: Travelodge charged $103.52 to my credit card!!! I called Travelodge to speak to the manager/owner and was told to call back in about an hour. When I called back, I spoke to Ravi (the same person who I spoke with when we checked out). After I explained I had booked and paid through Hotels.com and was charged an additional $103.52 by Travelodge, he asked if I had called Hotels.com. Why would I call Hotels.com? They aren’t the ones who charged me after I already paid for the room! After going around with him for about 15 minutes and telling him I was going to dispute the charge with my credit card company if he didn’t credit my account, he said he would submit the credit to my credit card. I found it interesting that Ravi never apologized for THEIR error and continually tried to blame it on Hotels.com. It seems like this is a common practice for this Travelodge. These days many people simply make their credit card payments without carefully checking credit card statements. Who knows how many times they have gotten away with double charging guests. Check your credit card statement to make sure Ravi hasn’t stuck his hand in your wallet and made extra charges to your credit card!

• Liked — It was 30 minutes from the Accenture Match Play event.
  • Disliked — The horrid smell in our room and being charged twice for our room.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple