“appearence”

Tucson AZ Travelodge
Ranked #86 of 128 Hotels in Tucson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This travelodge has the worst hard beds, the mattress had to be 20 years old and dirty, the rooms are old and nasty, this place has not been updated and is run down. Not a pleasant night stay.

It is obivous the franchise owner won't put any money into this hotel.

Beware!!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RuthS160
Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I've already emailed Travelodge corporate about my issues. I reserved and received a confirmation number for a wheelchair accessible room with ROLL IN shower.Guess what...a bathtub in BOTH "accessible" rooms that were available. The carpet was filthy and the bathroom ,which smelled of stale urine,looked like renovations had started but never completed. Do NOT trust the room pictures on this site. The rooms are dark and funky smelling. the fridge made obnoxious noise all night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy D
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This was the dirtiest most rundown motel I have ever stayed in. I had to go to Walmart for some cleaning supplies to clean the room before I could stay there. There was a an easy chair in the room that was so stained and dirty I was afraid to sit in it. The property is not as pictured as there is no pool. The pool was drained and the area is used for storing old furniture and junk. The continental breakfast was pathetic. They only offered bagels and a choice of raisin bran or Froot Loops cereal. No muffins. No donuts. No bread for toast. No fruit. No hot water for tea or coffee. No elevator to 2nd floor. Most of the ice machines have been removed, except for one by the lobby. Way over priced at $68. I would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this motel at all, but I guess if you were forced to stay here, I would choose...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kelly M
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I highly recommend NOT staying at this motel. We booked 3 rooms for 3 different people in our group. ALL had dirty old carpet, bathrooms that had hair and dirt in the corners, walls that needed to be painted or wall patches that still had the spakle on them. The TV's were very old and the reception was very poor. I slept in my sleeping bag ontop of the mattress because I didn't trust that the sheets were clean. The pillows were obviously very old and lumpy. We asked the front desk clerk to clean the bathrooms again. After they said they had cleaned them again, they were still dirty. Poor accomodations!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jerrocop
Benson, AZ
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We picked this place because it was the only place that came up when we were looking for a room to stay in while our son wrestled at the Middle School State Championships. This place was resonably priced and only 10 min. from the school where the championships were being held.
We arrived at night around 9pm. The first thing we noticed was the dried up sticky mess on the night stand, it was soda that had been spilt and never cleaned up. We called the front desk and complained. The girl offered to go down and clean it but we were so tired that we told her that we would wipe it up and just wanted her to know that the room was not very clean. My daughter then went to use the restroom and discovered that the toilet was not flushed and that there was dried urine on the toilet seat!!! We wanted to check out but rooms in the area were booked solid becuase not only were the State Championships going on but the Tucson Gem Show was also in town at the same time. As we started to play close attention to the room we discovered a ton of dust ont he headboards and then dried up french fries on the floor!!!
When we checked out we mentioned all the filthy things wrong with the room, along with complaining about the funky smell, the old and lumpy matresses, and the tortilla flat pillows, and were given an apology and instead of offering us a discount or telling us the room was on them, they offered us a free night stay at some other time!!!! WOW, like we would want to come back to that dump!!!
I am still waiting for the phone call and/or email the corporate office promised me, as I tried to call them the night we checked in and couldn't get a human on the phone until the next morning! Stay away from this place!! I wouldn't board my pets in this place!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank azharley06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
Best Western Gold Poppy Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana
Motel 6 Tucson North
Motel 6 Tucson North
#5 of 5 in Marana

Been to Tucson AZ Travelodge? Share your experiences!