“Stinky, uncomfortable, loud and terrible.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #72 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Joplin, Missouri
“Stinky, uncomfortable, loud and terrible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Wow. Thank goodness for wonderful service or I would have been crying in my soup. The lovely folks at reception made this a 1 circle property or I would have given none. Our room (210) smelled awful. And frankly, as we arrived at 11pm with two children after driving for hours we were definitely ready for sleep. The King suite/studio has a pull out sofa - DO NOT EVEN BOTHER. Ask for the roll up/roll away. That pull out has a spring mattress that is the same depth as a piece of paper. And our 14 year old son is taller than me (5'11). They were very accommodating but there is only so much you can do with a crappy older property that really needs a serious overhaul. I didn't even bother with their 'free continental' breakfast. We couldn't wait to get out of there.

Plus the air con is blowing in your face all night - and when it isn't the cars from the 10 freeway WILL wake you. Ask for a room facing AWAY from the street if you have to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank mControl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Belleair Bluffs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Pricing at this Fairfield seems much lower than average, yet I could find no lowering of usual Marriott quality. Clean rooms, decent breakfast, friendly staff, good location right off I-10 and near gas & restaurants.

If you plan to use the pool and/or hot tub, ask for room 130 (a king) ... closest to pool entrance. If you don't want to hear pool noises from those using the pool, stay away from that room!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AFloridaRoadTripper
Chicago, Il.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights during spring training. Convenient to I-10, but in a very industrial area. We did not feel unsafe but the parking lot is locked at night, the TV has a sticker telling you not to bother stealing it because it won't work anywhere else, and so forth. Only restaurants within walking distance are Denny's and Waffle House (yech!). Very friendly and helpful staff. Seems like it has been redecorated recently, pleasant enough inside, clean, fresh bed, quiet, no highway noise. We didn't try the pool or exercise room. If you are just looking for a room and don't mind driving a few minutes to the Tucson sights, it is fine.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank follylover
ventura
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

We always stay in this hotel when traveling through the desert. Never a disappointment. Always greeted by friendly staff and fresh cookies! The staff always goes out of their way to make sure our stay is comfortable. The breakfast is plentiful and enough to get you to your next stop. The rooms are clean, refrigerator included. Use of their microwave in their dining area is ok if you bring your own meal to eat. Would stay and will stay here again when we head to the midwest again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank quete
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Upon arrival, after a 15 min wait, I was informed that "I was already checked in". Thank goodness I had my printed confirmation sheet which had all my information on it. The clerk at the desk had to call another clerk to find out why she had checked me in already. After a few min on the phone she hung up and announced to me that someone with a similar name also had a reservation and so they checked them in under my reservation. Needless to say it was a little upsetting thinking that now someone had my information. I am accustomed to being asked for ID and my credit card when checking in so I didn't understand how that switch could have happened. Wouldn't the address on the other person be different? Wouldn't they need to verify that it was me and not them? Needless to say I was left feeling very vunerable for the stay and now even still am not quite comfortable being written off so nonchalantly with "someone else has the same name". What about my reward points? What about my special requests? NON existant due to my room being given away already. NOT HAPPY and NO WAY will is stay here again. I make frequent trips to Tucson as my children attend school there. There are lots of other options, I'll be using them.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LauLeePop3545
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We arrived very late and tired(thank you American Airlines) and the clerk greeted us like we were old friends! The rest of the stay was the same way! Good job!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank rickthetinman
Americus, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

The place is outdated, and so close to the train tracks you hear them all night long. My room was dirty, and so was the pool. (I stayed over 180 nights at Marriott's last year, so I have a sense of what I am talking about.) My room had some sort of spatter on the wall, the toilet had not been flushed. The bed was very poorly made and revealed bedbugs.

I did write a note to the Manager, and dropped, addressed to the Manager in a sealed envelope, it at the front desk, only to discover the front desk cleark and her friend reading it then throwing it into the trash. Little did they know I photographed them doing so, so Marriott corporate will be getting an earful. There are better places to stay: find them and save your money from a place like this. I feel like I goot ripped off. Also, the neighborhood is dicey.

Room Tip: Pick one at another hotel