“2 star hotel at a 3 star price (opposite of Priceline)!!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #75 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Most Marriott properties tend to be a bit better than this hotel. Paint looks like it was slapped on the walls in a random fashion. Corners weren't even the same color as the rest of the room. Ceiling looked patched in 3-4 places and I think my teenage son could have done a better job. The WIFI which was clearly advertised on the website was not available... was told to use wired hook up only. Try this with an iPad!!

Aside from a decent mattress (the only redeeming part of the stay) and the fact that all Marriott's are smoke free, I don't think I would have been able to tell the difference between this Fairfield Inn and any run of the mill 2 star hotel (Motel 6, Super 8, etc).

Will not stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 January 2011

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!! IT IS A HOT SPOT FOR THEFT!!! Someone late at night broke into my car, they shattered the passenger window and stole my GPS. The thief/thieves went looking through the whole car because I found compartments wide open but luckily my husband had brought down cameras, laptops, etc. The hotel stated that they were not responsible for any damages to cars so it was a "park at your own risk" type thing. Also, the manager from the hotel told us that they had a truck stolen from the hotel parking lot recently. You would think they would have better security, but they don't. The rooms were clean and breakfast was more than I expected. I don't reccomend this hotel just because of the theft. BOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank allaroundtheworld97
Reviewed 10 June 2010

We stayed one night in early June, 1st floor, end of the hallway. The hotel is on the edge of a business park, clustered with two other motels, and near an entrance to I10. This is on the south side of Tucson. The hotel was 3 story, with the pool outside with western exposure. We were very satisfied with the room, it appeared very clean, the bathroom facilities were nice, and the bed was comfortable. It had good wireless internet, plus a CAT5 cable on the desk for wired connections. However, no microwave or refrigerator. Our only complaint was with the wall-mounted AC unit, as it cycled on and off through out the night. (But, it was very hot that weekend!) We have stayed at various other hotels in the Tucson area, and will return to this one in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at this Fairfield Inn from April 10th through the 14th. Although the facility is somewhat older what really sets it apart is the friendlyness of the staff and the cleanliness. The manager of this facility is really doing something right in the training of the employees. They really make you feel at home. Lupita was on the front desk when we checked in and she did an excellent job making us feel welcome. Arce was tending to the breakfast bar in the mornings and she was so pleasant and cheerful. What a difference compared to other facilities.
The breakfast was "heavy continental" and the coffee was really excellent.
The beds were very comfortable and the entire facility was clean.
You could walk to a nearby Denny's or Waffle House. Otherwise you need a car to get around.
I would recommend this Fairfield Inn and would stay here again. The staff are wonderful and the chocolate chip cookies at the desk in the evening were a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2010

We stayed here for one night on a week long road trip. It was what you would excpect. Nothing fancy, but everything was clean, and they served breakfast in the morning. We had two queen beds on the top floor with a view of the mountains, so that was cool.

This hotel was a little older looking than some Fairfields I've stayed at, but for the price it was just fine.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Can't say enough nice things about this hotel. Reasonably priced, clean, modern, quiet, comfortable and the staff really care. Had many situations where the staff went the extra mile to make my stay enjoyable. The hotel is a standard Fairfield, basic but comfortable rooms, hotel grade tube TV, etc. But, the Marriott style bed was very comfortable, the water pressure was good (and hot). Even the hotel Internet worked (as long as you don't need to do SMTP authentication).

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn when I go to UA functions, but it was booked. So I booked this instead. Not a nice part of town-there was a vacant lot next to the hotel, and except for a Denny's across the street, nothing interesting or attractive near by. As a woman traveling alone I did not feel comfortable in the area, so I coaxed my son from his dorm room to stay with me. I am glad I did, as going back to the hotel at night our car was FOLLOWED by another-it saw I pulled into the hotel and sped off. Creepy. When I checked in, no one was at the desk. It was surreal. Due to the unsavory part of town, I would have thought all kinds of bad things except there seemed to be a perfectly normal gentleman using the computer in the lobby. After a while a young woman employee came to the desk-she had gone to restock the cookie tray-but she answered the phone and made a reservation before helping me. Basic customer service Marriott-help the live body before answering a lengthy phone call. I did get checked into my room OK and found a burned out light bulb. I called the desk to get someone to replace it. The same young woman told me she was working alone and there was no one to help me, but I was welcome to come down and get my own bulb! I have never stayed at a Fairfield Inn before. I expected because it has Marriott in its name the service would have been better. My room itself was fine- I had an Executive King which also included a pull out sofa. Everything looked clean. Free breakfast included standard fare. But certainly the neighborhood and having a stuff of one trying to run a hotel did not live up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo