“Looks okay from the outside, but pretty tired on the inside.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive
Ranked #33 of 47 Speciality Lodging in Tucson
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Beds are compressed and worn out. Beddings are marginal. Rooms look like they've been lived in hard for a long time without renovations.

It's OK if you're just needing a place to lay your head for a night. But there's a lot better equally inexpensive options close by.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank msg82256
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Booked this hotel via Expedia while parked across the street from it. Although it was after dusk when I booked the room, the place looked fairly nice on the outside. I found out soon enough that it's nice outside appearance was very deceiving, if there ever was a place called a dump, this is it!
When I attempted to check in, the clerk seemed confused by the fact that I had booked my room through Expedia. She asked me on two occasions how was I paying for the room. I was told there were no non-smoking rooms with two beds available although I had requested this with Expedia. I was given a smoking room on the third floor.
The room itself is supposed to be a economy type room used for extended stays. After being in this room for about an hour, I could not imagine how anyone could live in such a place for an extended period of time. The room has somewhat of a kitchenette. There is a single basin dish sink, a microwave, a mini-refrigerator, a two burner cook top, a one cup coffee brewer, and a very limited supply of dishes. All of these items were found to be dirty and we did not use any of them because of this.
The bathroom had been recently remodeled. It has a laminated floor. I found a couple of areas where the rubber floor molding had been pushed back into the wall creating a gap between the flooring and the wall molding. The toilet seat was very lose, the shower curtain was not long enough, and there were cigarette burns on every surface of the bathroom.
The beds were awful. They were hard and one of the mattresses had a torn place where the springs were poking out the side of the it. The television was an old tube model that had a terrible picture. Finally, there was a small table but only one chair and the television set atop a three drawer chest that felt like it would fall to pieces if pushed just right.

Room Tip: Maybe lower floor non-smoking rooms?
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GABoy63
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I was concerned about this place, because it was cheap. I got here it was beautiful. Very clean, everything I needed was available. The young Chicana girl not only very sweet and helpful, but very pretty. It's a little small but for me it was perfect. I would recomend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I try to make reservations directly with hotel and ask for rate to compare with what is advertised. I find it annoying when staff starts asking me questions before telling me rate. Once I got through that hurdle things went well in the reservation process. Room was clean, quiet and adequate for a budget traveler. I appreciated having the kitchen to heat up leftover lunch. Hallways could have been cleaner but that wasn't a detriment to my stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2011

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 16 February 2011

I booked the room of Crossland Hotel, Tucson through internet website www.extendedstayhotel.com. At that time the rate given to me was $10.99 per day. I booked the Studio Suite 1 double bed for 17 nights from 1/27/2011 to 2/13/2011. I had with me the written confirmation for it with total amount of $186.83. But on 27th January, when i enter the lobby of crossland they refuse to give me the room at this rate. Mr. Dan Goncalvej was there and first he told me that someone has canceled my reservation online which was totally fake as nobody else expect me knows about this. Then when i argued him regarding this then he agreed to give me the room but on higher rates. He told me that it is the company's policy that they can change the room rate anytime even without letting the customer to know about it. I think it is absolutely not done that being such a big company you people do these cheap things to the customer's. If you do not want to give the room on $10.99 rate then why you display this rate on internet. But as i was there in Tucson for gem show and i had no other option left except to get agree to their present rates, so i check-in to crosslands. Because i trusted those people so much that i did not do the booking for me at any other place. But after all this, i will never ever going to stay in extended stay hotels. I will also tell this to all my friends and never stay in extended stay hotels. I will write this complaint matter on all the websites so that the people came to know about it that how thesepeople make fun of their customer's and how they cheat their customers

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank meghaHongKong
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I've stayed over the years in most of the mid range and budget hotels in Tucson. I've grown accustomed to drug busts, prostitutes and on one occasion a murder. Last year I stumbled onto this gem of a property and I once again enjoy visiting Tucson.

Crossland has a great location - right off I-10 with easy access to all parts of Tucson. The hotel, though, is buffeted from the freeway by a Fairfield Inn and Days Inn so you don't get the noise. The rooms are equipped with refrigerators, stoves, microwaves and cooking utensils. I found the beds to be of decent quality, the wifi to be reliable and the rooms clean and well kept.

The best part of this hotel is the staff. From the manager Alonso to the maintenance guy Curtis...these people can't do enough to help me. I've posted a lot of negative reviews on this site but, trust me...this is a well run midrange hotel for a budget price. Stay here and you won't regret it!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2010

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed 27 April 2010

I had booked a non-smoking room but was given smoking room. When a requested for any other non-smoking room, i was told nothing was available. But the receptionist gave a spray which did not work satisfactorily. The rooms could have been bigger.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2010

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.